Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    Evening, SF.

It's very addicitve, isn't it? You try out a few pics on a banner and reject them and get ideas for using them in a different one. *sighs*

I did a few new ones today:

Spoiler:

Comments? Anything I should change?
    Very nice - I like the fade/transparency in this one. That's what I wanted to try and do. The addiction is coming along nicely - did another one earlier between RL. Not so much a Lorne/Kavan thing as an Atlantis thing. It'll show up below eventually!

Poor Kavan -- still that 40%, eh? We gotta drum up some more votes for him for the date poll tho. Cant have him getting beat by a Wraith!
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Bit of catching up...

Congrats to everyone who has milestones
      So Todd is in the lead again huh..seems like theres a bit of a split between those who want a dangerous date an ones who want to feel safe. That's another great thing about Lorne..he'd look after you.... assuming he had his gun in his holster

Yeah, cute story. Thanks for the link. I can't find my link to the 12-year-old Shep story, but I'm looking. If I retrace my steps it's bound to show up.

There seem to be an awful lot of Parrish/Lorne stories around.
      Spoiler:
      Now that is definitely weird. The guy was in maybe 2 minutes of Runner and was never seen again. I don't see any kind of rapport with Lorne in those minutes ... but well, I guess, ... it's not my cup of tea, but obviously someone else differs.
      Parrish is probably used because writers can add whatever characteristics they like to him. Doesn't inspire me but neither do the kiddie stories either.

Lovely banners you've done.. Is that a Lucas North banner I spy as well?
      Last edited by LizzieAnne; 08 February 2009, 11:53 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

them in a different one. *sighs*

I did a few new ones today:

Spoiler:

Comments? Anything I should change?
        love 'em, although the one I love the most is the Joe one

are they snurcable? (with credit of course)

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
          Bit of catching up...

Congrats to everyone who has milestones
          So Todd is in the lead again huh..seems like theres a bit of a split between those who want a dangerous date an ones who want to feel safe. That's another great thing about Lorne..he'd look after you.... assuming he had his gun in his holster

Parrish is probably used because writers can add whatever characteristics they like to him. Doesn't inspire me but neither do the kiddie stories either.

Lovely banners you done.. Is that a Lucas North banner I spy as well?

It says Lucas North, doesn't it? There are a few non-Kav roles that got bannered ... North, Thornton and Gisborne.

Glad you like them.

Just imagine a date with Todd --- I'd be constantly asking myself not where we'd be going for dinner but what we'd have --- One Kethry burger for Todd and a lot of weight watchers' money saved for me?

On slash, kiddie and other SGA stories:
          Spoiler:
          I can't see Lorne with Parrish or any other guy. Lorne is too much top dog to be submissive the way he is often written, and I can't see Shep or Mackay for that matter be the kind of submissive the way many stories portray them. But whatever floats people's boats. I don't see it, but if they do ... *shrugs* I don't have to read and that's what I do.

The kiddie stories seem to be another recurring feature. Not many are done well, though.

It all depends on how well everyone stays in character, which is my main gripe with most stories out there. People write the characters the way they want to see them and not necessarily the way they have been established in the show. I don't like Mary-Sues whether male or female, so I usually stay away from most stories.

I have found a few gems, however and am happily reading my way through them.
          sigpic
          I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
            love 'em, although the one I love the most is the Joe one

are they snurcable? (with credit of course)
            Thanks.

Sure, snurch away. Glad you like them enough to want to.

The one I'm drawn most to it this one:

sigpic

Comment

Love all your new banners, Kethry! You're very good.

Congratulations to CN for 4000 posts!!

Remove blonde and insert self.

sigpic
              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Now you're scaring me... one of the Fanfic100-pieces currently at mac's (or did I write that after I sent the last batch?) is a kiddie story... neither Sheppard nor Lorne, but... still a kiddie story
                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                I will never accept defeat.
                I will never quit.
                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                ------
                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Thanks.

Sure, snurch away. Glad you like them enough to want to.

I like that one too.. especially the background.. the foreground pic isnt hard to look at either! Very cool!
                  sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                    Whoa, kethry you make me SO jealous of your talent! They're all very, very lovely!

Thanks. *blushes*

It's just that I have too much time on my hands in between coughing bouts and I see so many wonderful banners around. Next I wonder how people did them and then I start trying out stuff to see what my software can and can't do. Results wary.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                      OOOh thanks, it'll go just right with my fresh mug of coffee!

I'll remember that!
                      How was the cake Queen?

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
                      I loved the cake, mac, I still think it looks like some alien that is destined to show up on SGU!
                      Now if only I could get paid for it

You know... ever since I saw your cake pic... all my plot bunnies look like that in my head
                      I don't know if I should be happy or offended (and I'm totally joking)

*puts book on amazon wishlist
                      Oh yes if for no other reason than the following description:

"...but he had a deep clear voice and when you talked to him he raised both his eyebrows as if you were about to say something real important."

Thank you, it's delicious.
                      Welcome!!!

Did you have a party last night?
                      No, the first friday of the month is my parenting group's meeting and we always do some kind of odd activity and this month happened to be cake decorating.

You should get it patented.
                      I really should.

Makes you wonder what else he's taking to bed with him? *whistles innocently*
                      *ponders it and then thunks*

[QUOTE]Can't you burn them on DVD or something? Find some way to save the files?

Sadly my current DVR is 'First generation' meaning that unless I want to go out and try and track down VHS' that I have no way of saving them.

And that is a bad thing because.....?
                      Oh, its totally not a bad thing. Especially the bits I'm into now. Though I will say I am very glad I saw the movie first.
                      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                      sigpic

Comment

Now you're scaring me... one of the Fanfic100-pieces currently at mac's (or did I write that after I sent the last batch?) is a kiddie story... neither Sheppard nor Lorne, but... still a kiddie story
                        No, I still have "Children" sitting here, along with "When" and "Sense" (or When Children Sense)
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

he can save me any day *sigh*

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Don't be. A kid in the story isn't the problem per se. So there's still hope for your story. Is it shippy?
                            sigpic

Comment

Don't be. A kid in the story isn't the problem per se. So there's still hope for your story. Is it shippy?
                              Having read it(and am reading it at the moment with my BETA hat) it isn't shippy imho, and the kid part is rather *complicated* (its one of those you'd have to read to understand without giving too much of the plot away).
                              Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                                I don't know if I should be happy or offended (and I'm totally joking)
                                Happy. I'm sure not many people can claim to have shaped the appearance of plot bunnies

Oh yes if for no other reason than the following description:

"...but he had a deep clear voice and when you talked to him he raised both his eyebrows as if you were about to say something real important."
                                Oooooh... unfortunately atm amazon.de doesn't ship it, though

Thanks. *blushes*

It's just that I have too much time on my hands in between coughing bouts and I see so many wonderful banners around. Next I wonder how people did them and then I start trying out stuff to see what my software can and can't do. Results wary.
                                I feel so untalented now (because, you know I really have high-end software (as in Adobe CS4) and I still don't manage to create such beautiful banners as yours).

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                                No, I still have "Children" sitting here, along with "When" and "Sense" (or When Children Sense)
                                Ah, good to know... and... yesterday I wrote another RNT-verse-story... maybe the multiparter for that verse will have to wait, because there may be another one-shot waiting...

Having read it(and am reading it at the moment with my BETA hat) it isn't shippy imho, and the kid part is rather *complicated* (its one of those you'd have to read to understand without giving too much of the plot away).
                                What mac said There may be a teeny, tiny shippy bit at the end (seen through very critical eyes), but blink and you'll miss it

Oooooh, Donovan's "Atlantis" on the radio... I always have to think of SGA when I hear that song
                                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                                I will never accept defeat.
                                I will never quit.
                                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                                ------
                                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Working...
                                X