Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
    So I've been thinking, with the final countdown upon us for Enemy at the Gates - I wanted to prompt a picture of the day thing but then I had a better idea...

For anyone who may have missed the front page, GW seems to be doing a 'Best Of' series (John || Teyla)as we lead into Friday's final episode. So if you were to write a Best of Evan Lorne top five?

Cathain's Best of Evan Lorne:

Spoiler:
    5.Coup D'etat

4. This Mortal Coil

3. Quarantine

2. Runner

1. The Game

Oh cool.... I love "Best ofs" . Most people seldom choose my favs, but here we can all only choose winners.

Today's choices:

5. Daedalus Variations
    4. The Lost Boys
    3. Doppelgänger
    2. Tabula Rasa
    1. Runner

Thoug I have to say, I love all of them.

Spoiler:
    EatG will be on my list after Friday.

It's funny, but after going through the eps with Lorne, I noticed that the authors used him a LOT more in seasons 2-4 than in 5 when he was supposed to be an established character and well-liked by fans and writers (supposedly). It can't be because of him filming The 4400 at the same time, because he did that during seasons 3 and 4 as well.

As Asterix would say: Die spinnen, die Schreiberlinge!

Kethry

Kethry
    sigpic
    I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

BTW, Lyconia, you have a PM.

Kethry
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
        It's funny, but after going through the eps with Lorne, I noticed that the authors used him a LOT more in seasons 2-4 than in 5 when he was supposed to be an established character and well-liked by fans and writers (supposedly). It can't be because of him filming The 4400 at the same time, because he did that during seasons 3 and 4 as well.
        My thoughts exactly. They really spurned the character in S5. Honestly, they could have done so much more with the character, but they just kind of... forgot about him. A real pity.

As Asterix would say: Die spinnen, die Schreiberlinge!
        Indeed! (however does "Die spinnen, die Römer!" translate to English?)
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Totally OT:

The weather:

Spoiler:
          After hitting a personal documented low of -17.7 °C last night, we are now at a balmy - 2.9°C.

*shudders*

I do not need winter. It looks nice, but I think I have already used up several trees' worth of wood for the fireplace to augment the central heating and keep at least the livingroom nice and cosy. I have 4 windows in the livingroom alone and the temps upstairs don't reach 20 on their own anymore. I don't think I can take much more of this.

Kethry
          sigpic

Comment

Totally OT:

The weather:

Spoiler:
            After hitting a personal documented low of -17.7 °C last night, we are now at a balmy - 2.9°C.
            Ha!

We got minus twenty-something this night in Meiningen. Thuringia wins! (okay, no, actually, Saxonia wins with -27,7 °C in Dippoldiswalde, but anyway...)
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Just FYI...

Kavan Smith appeared in the Lifetime movie "Eve's Christmas". Lifetime is now offering several movies online.

You can check it out at

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/full...deo/2785916001

Unlike other services, you can fast forward to scenes.

Booooooo...."We are sorry but this video is not available for your current country and location."

What do they think I can do about that...change my current country ... and to what?

I so hate that sentence....Globalization, people...it's one big world. When will you finally learn that?

Btw, is his role noticable at all...am I missing something worthwhile?

Kethry
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                What does it say about me that I have a pretty good idea what he's talking about here?

*sighs*

I am such a fangirl. Oh my Kavan!

Kethry
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                  I celebrate my 1,500 post with Lorne!!

Wooohoooo.... congrats.

Don't you wish you'd get a prize or .... something?

Kethry
                  Last edited by kethryveris; 07 January 2009, 11:57 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nici View Post

My Top 5:
                    - #1 Runner (the episode that introduced me to Kavan and then I made my website)

Wow, Nici, that must have hit you hard then.

I didn't even notice anything special about him in Runner, liked the new character, sure, but it didn't hit me in any way. I think that happened some time during season 4.

I know I am usually not that thick, but when something hits me late, it always hits so much harder. ... and then, of course, they had to go and cancel the show.

Kethry
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
                      Sorry Mel ,but when i saw it I HAD to do this

Shep: aren't all of the whumpers thunkers?
                      Lorne: * may be sir
                      Shep: that's what I thought, we are $crewed
                      Lorne: May be the whumpers won;t know where the other thunkers hide us
                      Shep: and may be not Lorne
                      Lorne: May be you're right sir *sighs* we are $crewed
                      Oh my.....love it. Great banner too. Is it one of Mel's?

Kethry
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                        My thoughts exactly. They really spurned the character in S5. Honestly, they could have done so much more with the character, but they just kind of... forgot about him. A real pity.
                        Yep. Such a waste. And there were so many moments when I thought ...NOW, now we need Lorne! Alas, no Lorne!

Indeed! (however does "Die spinnen, die Römer!" translate to English?)
                        I wondered that myself. No idea. They are nuts, those Romans! ????

Does anyone have the English version of Asterix?

Kethry
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                          Ha!

We got minus twenty-something this night in Meiningen. Thuringia wins! (okay, no, actually, Saxonia wins with -27,7 °C in Dippoldiswalde, but anyway...)
                          Brrrrr.....I wouldn't want that record.

Okay, the weather gods have proved their point ...they can still do winter here. Now it's enough!

Though, on second thought, spring means allergies....*sigh* I'm $crewed no matter what.

Kethry
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm caught up with yesterday's and today's mail...*sits back to await more*

Kethry
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep. Such a waste. And there were so many moments when I thought ...NOW, now we need Lorne! Alas, no Lorne!
                              We can still hope for the SGA movie... no, wait, maybe not. Giving the writers a possibility to use Lorne also means giving them a possibility to screw him up and kill him. Okay, no, I think I don't want him in the movie (twisted logic? Naaaah!).

Okay, the weather gods have proved their point ...they can still do winter here. Now it's enough!
                              Nooo, I want to go skiing in February again! Keep the winter until February. Okay, not that cold, but with enough snow that it's sufficient for skiing in Saxonia
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                              ------

Comment

Great pics Elephantgirl! I *loved* seeing the high-res version of your vid @ the con it was *WONDERFUL* I nearly thunked out of my seat.

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                                Why is he covering is ears?
                                He's telling his "Theater in the Park" story where the dog 'attacks' the fellow actors leg, and they go offstage, and don't realize the mics are still live, and the other actor is all potty mouthed, and then they realize the audience could hear the whole thing, and all the parent's are covering their children's ears.

*whistles innocently* I uh, think I may need to spend less time paying attention to certain things

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
                                how NOT to lose a CO love it!
                                I think he should write that book: "How not to lose your CO for dummies" By Major E. Lorne

I believe he was telling the story about David and him on the Search and Rescue set. 'My ears, my ears'! Laughing at David, so much fun.
                                That was priceless *giggles at the memories of the "my eyes" bit* Though now I can't watch/read about S&R without hearing Kavan's voice in my head going 'my eyes! my eyes!'.
                                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X