I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
      Hi Mel,

As for new stuff....Kavan's character

Spoiler:
      was still the same, Joe Cavanaugh, a not-too-bright (?) detective who either can't or won't see that strange things happen around him. What I liked is that they dropped the Hewlett story completely and gave Kavan's character more screen time and made him much more believable and likable. He wanted the case closed, but he did it by the book and went with what he had - evidence and eye-witness. What I didn't quite buy was that he shrugged Zimmermann's arguments simply off. Detectives use the forensic experts to collect and explain the evidence from the crime scene. Then why didn't he want to listen to his expert? Very strange?! I really hope Kavan's character shows up again and we get an explanation.

As it was --- too many loose ends, a little too much exposition and a really annoying know-it-all "young" woman. But I didn't much like her in the webisodes, either. *G* It's the kind of character I expect to see in SGU ---- *shudder*

Kethry
      Interesting about Kavan's character. I have high hopes. Can't wait now for Monday
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
        Phew. Germany's national holiday (as in the national holiday... think July 4th in the U.S.) is over and among other things (helping my parents clean their place, help my little sister with moving, bake my first carrot cake ever...), I managed to publish a new chapter. Yay!
        Hey nice chapters, read and reviewed one- I'm not a fan of carrot cake, so could I stick to the normal cookies?

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        Hey that's not shallow, that's love and devotion

Really like the first pic, but the 2nd one we need to shove out that woman *shoves her out and inserts self in front of Lorne's face*

Originally posted by melfan View Post
        Just heard some news, my grandma has collapsed and has rushed to the hospital I was in there 2 hours ago and she was fine
        My mum, aunt and uncle along with grandpa has gone in with her. I hope she's okey...
        Sorry Mel, hope you grandmother is okay soon!
        sigpic
        JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
        Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
        Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

[QUOTE=LizzieAnne;9034053]Sorry to hear that Mel. Hope she is OK.

Hi Mel

hope your grandma is okay.
          Thanks guys, this place keeps me away from thoughts i don't wanna think about

Rowena: re Sanctuary - The tv series is supposed to only use the general idea of the webisodes and enlarge and build upon them.

I saw the tv pilot and while it uses a lot of the webisodes, there is a marked difference.

Spoiler:
          A few examples: At the end of the webisodes Ashley knows who her father is, now she doesn't. The webisodes have shown us a lot more of Helen's backstory, the tv pilot so far has only lightly brushed upon it. The new show simply goes more slowly and if I hadn't known the webisodes, I'd have liked it very much probably. Knowing the webisodes, I wanted them to get on with it faster and move the story along onto new territory instead of taking all this time to built up the premise of the sanctuary. *sigh* I hope they won't need the complete season to unfold the Helen-Ashley-John story.

As for new stuff....Kavan's character

Spoiler:
          was still the same, Joe Cavanaugh, a not-too-bright (?) detective who either can't or won't see that strange things happen around him. What I liked is that they dropped the Hewlett story completely and gave Kavan's character more screen time and made him much more believable and likable. He wanted the case closed, but he did it by the book and went with what he had - evidence and eye-witness. What I didn't quite buy was that he shrugged Zimmermann's arguments simply off. Detectives use the forensic experts to collect and explain the evidence from the crime scene. Then why didn't he want to listen to his expert? Very strange?! I really hope Kavan's character shows up again and we get an explanation.

As it was --- too many loose ends, a little too much exposition and a really annoying know-it-all "young" woman. But I didn't much like her in the webisodes, either. *G* It's the kind of character I expect to see in SGU ---- *shudder*

Kethry
          This sounds rather good actually!

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
          Meh, now I want to see it even more.
          Me to Row, you are not alone in that
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

hope your grandma is okay Mel *hugs*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
              hope your grandma is okay Mel *hugs*
              thanks, much appretiated
              ¨

haven't heard anything from mum, so I guess that is good
              I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

at least ya hope so
                sigpic

Comment

Oh and I forgot to mention it... , Sanctuary still has lots of Stargate alumni showing up to do guest spots. I had a lot of fun going ..."squee --- look, that's ...." every couple of minutes. *LOL*

I know it's because it is a completely Canadian show and they have all those great actors in Canada who used to get minor character roles on both Stargate show, but it's still nice to see and recognize them. Gives Sanctuary a kind of "home" feeling IMO.

I must say when it was over I went...hmmmm...
                  Spoiler:
                  if I had to write the next episodes, I'd definitely have Joe Cavanaugh (Kavan's character) back, because there are so many open questions around him. (Definitely not because I'd have written him in anyway because I want to see more of him...nononono.....it's not that, I swear *G*) Seriously, if they don't explain his behaviour then I'd call that part of episode 1 sloppy writing, so I really hope they will bring him back. It would be nice to have him become the Sanctuary's link to the local police. I think they need something like that or else they might fall victim to the mystery angle and lose a lot of the fun and believability. IMO Sanctuary will only work as a series if they manage to root it in present while explaining it through the past.

Another plus was that it was no longer so infernally dark. I mean I am so far outside the demographic for SGU that I need all the light there is to see anything at all. *LOL* So this was a big improvement on the webisodes.

Kethry
                  sigpic
                  I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

This sounds rather good actually!
                    Actually, it was. I liked it and I'll keep watching. It has a lot of potential and like I said, what gives it the negative reviews IMO is the fact that people know the story from the webisodes, so there is little room for surprises atm.

But that can - and I hope - will change.

I liked the changes they showed in the first ep.

Kethry
                    Last edited by kethryveris; 04 October 2008, 10:26 AM. Reason: lousy spelling ;)
                    sigpic
                    I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Just heard some news, my grandma has collapsed and has rushed to the hospital I was in there 2 hours ago and she was fine
                      My mum, aunt and uncle along with grandpa has gone in with her. I hope she's okey...
                      *crossing fingers for you grandma*

Comment

Actually, it was. I liked it and I'll keep watching. It has a lot of potential and like I said, what gives it the negative reviews IMO is that fact that people know the story from the webisodes, so there is little room for suprises atm.

But that can - and I hope - will change.

I liked the changes they showed in the first ep.

Kethry
                        I've watched 4 webisodes I found on YouTube, but if this is much better then the webisodes I would definetly watch

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
                        Thanks

Comment

*licks lips*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
                            Hey nice chapters, read and reviewed one- I'm not a fan of carrot cake, so could I stick to the normal cookies?
                            Of course (most of all because my mum messed up the topping ) *hands over cookies

Spoiler:
                            I think they need something like that or else they might fall victim to the mystery angle and lose a lot of the fun and believability. IMO Sanctuary will only work as a series if they manage to root it in present while explaining it through the past.
                            Exactly my thoughts on Kavan's role in "Sanctuary" and on why that role simply needs to be a recurring one.

Spoiler:
                            They really need that kind of no-nonsense, hard-working cop who just can't make sense of supernatural stuff or it won't work.
                            I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                            I will never accept defeat.
                            I will never quit.
                            I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                            ------
                            "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

yes they do
                              sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary
                                Spoiler:
                                Maybe he knows, but pretends to be oblivious to it all? See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, kind of thing

Oh, and I've gotten news about my grandma, she's better, she's gonna stay in the hospital and run some test, to see if she had a stroke, or something other

Comment

Working...
                                X