• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonsensestarfish View Post
    I know, and then he looked so peaceful later
    Spoiler:
    Very peaceful!
    so peaceful i think of joining him in the bed to keep him company and keep the fears away!
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
      Very peaceful!
      so peaceful i think of joining him in the bed to keep him company and keep the fears away!
      exactly

Comment

And what is it you do exactly?
        Gonna stick this in spoiler tags since it's OT and I can get long winded about this subject
        Spoiler:
        I do Civil War (1860's) and Indian War (1870's) era Cavalry reenacting. We reenact the far western front. We have a few impressions (different reenactment groups choose to impersonate different units from the war). For the Civil War era we don the grey and butternut uniforms of the south and portray the 5th Texas Mounted Volunteers. They were under the command of General Sibley in 1861/1862 as he led an invasion into what is now modern day New Mexico against Colorado Infantry regiments. There where two major battles of that campaign, the battle of Socorro and the battle of Glorieta Pass. Last weekend we just reenacted the battle of Socorro, in early May we will reenact the battle of Glorieta Pass.

For the Indian Wars era we portray the 4th U.S. Cavalry. That unit roamed the western frontier fighting the hostile Indians. During the summer we go up for two weeks to South Dakota to what is called the Buffalo Days Indian Fight. And pretty much we spend two weeks fighting in'juns!

The group I'm with is called Company K and is apart of a Regiment that is based out of Fort Griffin in Texas. We have various other companies spread out over 3 states. There are two or three companies in Texas, a company in New Mexico, and two companies here in Colorado, company K being one of them.

So, pretty much, in a nut shell, that is what we do. And it is a hell of a lot of fun. I love the history and I love being able to show people what the past was like.

If you want, here is an album of pictures I took from the reenactment last weekend http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ocorro%202008/

Now... a little something to make sure this post of mine stays somewhat on topic!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

sigpic
          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
            Gonna stick this in spoiler tags since it's OT and I can get long winded about this subject
            Spoiler:
            I do Civil War (1860's) and Indian War (1870's) era Cavalry reenacting. We reenact the far western front. We have a few impressions (different reenactment groups choose to impersonate different units from the war). For the Civil War era we don the grey and butternut uniforms of the south and portray the 5th Texas Mounted Volunteers. They were under the command of General Sibley in 1861/1862 as he led an invasion into what is now modern day New Mexico against Colorado Infantry regiments. There where two major battles of that campaign, the battle of Socorro and the battle of Glorieta Pass. Last weekend we just reenacted the battle of Socorro, in early May we will reenact the battle of Glorieta Pass.

For the Indian Wars era we portray the 4th U.S. Cavalry. That unit roamed the western frontier fighting the hostile Indians. During the summer we go up for two weeks to South Dakota to what is called the Buffalo Days Indian Fight. And pretty much we spend two weeks fighting in'juns!

The group I'm with is called Company K and is apart of a Regiment that is based out of Fort Griffin in Texas. We have various other companies spread out over 3 states. There are two or three companies in Texas, a company in New Mexico, and two companies here in Colorado, company K being one of them.

So, pretty much, in a nut shell, that is what we do. And it is a hell of a lot of fun. I love the history and I love being able to show people what the past was like.

If you want, here is an album of pictures I took from the reenactment last weekend http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ocorro%202008/

Now... a little something to make sure this post of mine stays somewhat on topic!
            http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ys-b-00098.jpg
            Right... Uhm... Can't say I didn't ask
            I stick to thunking Lorne!
            Piccies of Lorne

And whumping him. He looks so cute here! Bedhair, scared after a nightmare and sleepwalking

His feet has to bee in here as well
            Last edited by melfan; 04 March 2008, 02:05 PM. Reason: posting wrong pic and forgetting to remove [img]
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*drools over the pixz,* oh what was i gonna say, i cant seem to remember...

sounds like you have a blast wild

Spoiler:

i love history personally.... but then me.... its ancient eygptian... and i was into that long before i got hooked on Stargate.
              sigpic

Comment

Right... Uhm... Can't say I didn't ask
                I stick to thunking Lorne!
                LOL! Maybe I should warn people... don't ask about the reenacting unless you really want an earful I really love it though, it's a passion.

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                *drools over the pixz,* oh what was i gonna say, i cant seem to remember...
                I have the same ailment when I'm on this thread *drools*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

OT:

Spoiler:
                  That sounds really cool idlewind! I’m part of different sort of re-enactment group. We portray the court of Queen Elizabeth I. We don’t do anything so specific as battles, but we try to be as historically accurate as possible, down to our costumes, dances, food, and speech. One of our members was also very involved in Civil War re-enactment, in fact he left to better concentrate on it. I suspect the love/addiction is similar.

Sig. courtesy of the phenomenal Shelbel!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratbaby07 View Post
                    tongue!

lolz look at Mckay's arm... it's like "rawr I'm coming to get you"

Comment

Originally posted by nonsensestarfish View Post
                      tongue!

lolz look at Mckay's arm... it's like "rawr I'm coming to get you"
                      Hehehe! Love it!

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic
                        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

And i was heartbroken over him in Fear Itself from 4400, I just wanted to trough the screen and just hug him!
                          Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                          Still have to watch last half season of 4400, not getting more enthusiastic when that ep is worse than the blade one..
                          See for me, “Fear Itself” was a horror story for me *laughs* I have a recurring nightmare of what happens to Kavan so when I saw him acting the scene out it was heartbreaking for me!

With all of the RL stuff, I'm jealous! My RL are my AJ classes *laughs*

And I need a giant LorneLover hug because:

Spoiler:
                          The more I think about Lorne in S5 the more I worry...you don't think the writers would make him a "red shirt" would you?!

For anyone who's confused, look at the def. of a red shirt here

...Cathain needs a hug! *whacks at evil thoughts*

Comment

((CN))

Spoiler:
                            Noo! No red shirt! It's odd, I can‘t even imagine him in red... -goes hunting for a Kavan-in-red- pic-

Comment

Lorne's a red shirt!!
                              God no!!
                              Lorne is gonna live happely ever after on Atlantis!
                              Piccies of Lorne to remove image of Redshirt-doom

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I don't think the writers would make Lorne a redshirt ... just cause they teased at that before. They like Lorne way too much to get rid of him. They also know what happens if they try. LOL!

sigpic
                                KavanSmithFans.com
                                Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Working...
                                X