Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Friends/Ship/Discuss/Appreciate (Mcshweir)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weirfan517
    Hello! I thought I'd start this thread for anyone who wanted to discuss the 6 people mentioned. The original idea was for the thread to be about a mcshweir OT3 ship or friendship, but I thought we could discuss all of them. All discussion for the 6 people (3 characters, 3 actors) are welcomed. This thread is also for people who don't mind both Mcweir and Shweir. Personally I prefer Mcweir but Shweir is okay too. I hope anyone that posats on this thread has a good time.

I'm a S/W shippper first and I'm not overly keen on McWeir (sorry), as I like Rodney single and snarky... or hopelessly infatuated with Sam. I could at a push buy Rodney having unrequited love for Weir, but I think they have a nice friendship... However,I do agree that Torri/Joe/David are the heart of the show (see my sig!)

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      I'm a S/W shippper first and I'm not overly keen on McWeir (sorry), as I like Rodney single and snarky... or hopelessly infatuated with Sam. I could at a push buy Rodney having unrequited love for Weir, but I think they have a nice friendship... However,I do agree that Torri/Joe/David are the heart of the show (see my sig!)
      That's okay, all shippers are welcomed here. I think this might make the thread interesting. Yep, Torri, Joe, and David are definately the heart of the show and I love your sig. It's great to have another person here.

Talk to yall later going to watch the Stargate premieres!
      McKay: I'm invulnerable!
      Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
      McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
      My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Well, the more the merrier. Not big on W/S or W/M but S/M I like. So as I said the more the merrier. They do make a great team and such contrasting characters yet complimentary at the same time, weird.

Comment

Like the title of this...so it's pronounced "muckshweer"???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
            Like the title of this...so it's pronounced "muckshweer"???
            Oh, c'mon, McShweir isn't that bad.

Not when looking at the other weird-sounding combinations that I've seen in my time. C'mon, people, how wierd does Shweir and Sheyla, in and of themselves, sound? Back in my BtVS days, I also shipped "Bangle" (buffy/Angel), and watched as people repeatedly advocated "Spuffy" (Buffy/spike). Relationship combo names are meant to be freaky, but as McShweir goes, it's better soudning than the Spuffy's and Sheyla's of the world!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
            Spoiler:
            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Oh, and I also wanted to open up the McShweir conversation for Siege III. What a fantastic episode.
              Spoiler:
              Personally, I've been going crazy with keeping up with the conversation at the Sheppard/Weir thread, and the McKay/Weir thread is a little depressed, it seems. This is the thread where all can come together and talk. McWeir people, don't dispare! Those two got good interaction in this episode. They talked and fought (kinda) and at least had some time together onscreen. Look at the poor Sheylas fans, who barely got any interaction at all. Plus, there's always next episode to look forward to, which by the pictures, looks great for the McShweir interactions. I loved last night's episode! McKay had the perfect tone, especially in that scene with the gun - lol!!! Weir and Sheppard fans could not ask for better interactions. And the entire thing was tense and emotional and our three guys were at the center of it all, once again. Great, right? The only thing that had me disappointed was that there was barely any interaction between Sheppard and McKay.

Let's get some conversation going here!

Spoiler:

Comment

I also liked last night's ep as well. I saw moments with all 3 of my ships. (mcweir,shweir,and mcshweir)
                Spoiler:
                I wasnt too disappointed about the lack of mcweir cuz the ep was really good other than all the ships. It was pretty exciting and I thought it was an interesting conclusion for Siege2. I also thought that TH did a really good job with Weir in this ep and she was amazing. I'd also like to see more interactions between our 3 favorite characters. I think that Liz and Rodney could use more time together. We've seen lots of John and Rodney in previous eps but I think all 3 together could use more time really. I also did see a small mcshweirish moment when they found out that the hive ship was destroyed, both Rodney and Liz were concerned.
                Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

I agree totally on TH's performance. I think we should take a poll and ask which character do you think was the best in this episode? Does anyone even think it would be someone other than our precious Sheppard, Weir, or McKay? Those three had the top performances of the episode, no doubt. The heart of the show, ladies and gentlemen.

Spoiler:
                  McKay, with his humor and fatigue - even three days of sleepless anxiety, the man can entertain and educate the rest of us like no other. Weir, with her impressive displays of emotional release (that hug! Totally heartfelt!), and then the in-charge mentality she displays without faltering for the rest of the episode. She's the boss, and no one questions it this time! Plus Sheppard, how could we forget Sheppard, with his equally surprising display of emotion (he stutters, and looks unsure of how to respond to the hug - almost nervous) and then, jumps into the action (or stands and makes suggestions in Deadalus anyway). Each contributed to this fantastic episode.

I personally vote for Weir.

Spoiler:

Comment

I also vote for Weir, she's the best. Anyone else?

Comment

I vote for Weir too. She was just so great.
                      Spoiler:
                      Did you see her face when she realized there was no need for the whispering? Or her double take when Ford started walking with her? I especially liked when she was commanding their plan step by step. She was soft when she needed to be soft. In control when it called for it. And very human when the situation was desperate. Remember her Rodney!....Rodney! over the radio?
                      So yeah, Weir got my vote.

That's what Weir stands for.

Comment

Hey all, definitely a Sh/Weir shipper myself, but I love any scenes with these three. I love the scene in "Before I Sleep" where Rodney and Shep are arguing about how the other died, and Weir says "Gentlemen, focus". Very funny. I also like the scene at the end of "The Eye" where Rodney is showing off his injury to Weir and Shep looks on incredulously.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

I've been playing around and this is the result... I just love Torri's expression in that picture.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                            I've been playing around and this is the result... I just love Torri's expression in that picture.

Priceless! We should make that our motto! Excellent job.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl

Lovely! Really funny, sorry I haven't posted much here, I was waiting for my subscription to say that there was a new post but I accidently unsubscribed.

Comment

Why thank you!

I need some time and inspiration, but I've been planning to change my sig picture, so that motto will definetely be included. I must confess that I first read it in a community called Fandom_Wank where they make fun of - among other things - ship wars. The original post was about ship wars in the Harry Potter fandom, but apparently they can get as vicious and long-winded as the ones in our fandom. The poster suggested an OT3 and added, "The answer to stupid ship wars". That's where I got the idea.

I've been planning to spread some green in this thread tonight, but my connection is painfully slow, so you guys will have to wait till tomorrow.

My vote for The Siege III (see above posts) is definetely Weir, with a close follow-up by McKay. That episode just rocked. I loved every minute.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Working...
                                X