No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered because your art seems to have a different quality to it than mine.
    I've never tried PS.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
      I wondered because your art seems to have a different quality to it than mine.
      I've never tried PS.
      http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5e86d76c.jpg
      Uhm that's more about (lack thereof) of the artist skills than the programm, if you ask me. I've seen stunning stuff in GIMP, as yours are a good example I'm actually very curious about Gimp but I've just discovered PS, it's daunting to get used to another software.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Tell me about it.
        I got quite good at using Gimp when I first had it, but I have forgotten every thing...which is why I have been somewhat scathing about what I'm doing just now...I know I can do better, but can't remember how I was getting my results.
        but it is fun!
        I am having fun!
        sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it.
          I got quite good at using Gimp when I first had it, but I have forgotten every thing...which is why I have been somewhat scathing about what I'm doing just now...I know I can do better, but can't remember how I was getting my results.
          but it is fun!
          I am having fun!
          http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...psfedd67ae.jpg
          I have stuff I've done in my first sigs I can't remember how I did it...and those were the supposed simple ones. It's terapeutic to splash images around

sigpic

Comment

yes it is....he looks like someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark ally!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice chatting with you Jaded, but it is bedtime for me now.
              Catch you later, have fun with your art!
              Good night.

Hmmm, why is Ronon always in the back ground in my pics?
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, have no idea how to use the brushes.
                and second, I'll shut up!
                Third must pm you, is it to late?
                brushes are super easy and addictive! I had over 1000 at one time and I finally went through and got rid of a lot of them. We still have all week and weekend.....challenge isn't over until Sept 2nd!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                My entry (something is off with Jason pic but whatever...)
                looks good!!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                Uhm that's more about (lack thereof) of the artist skills than the programm, if you ask me. I've seen stunning stuff in GIMP, as yours are a good example I'm actually very curious about Gimp but I've just discovered PS, it's daunting to get used to another software.
                I think Gimp is very easy [and free!] there is so much about it I have not even used....

Tell me about it.
                but it is fun!
                I am having fun!
                I am glad you are having fun!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice chatting with you Jaded, but it is bedtime for me now.
                  Catch you later, have fun with your art!
                  Good night.
                  http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...sponsible3.jpg
                  Hmmm, why is Ronon always in the back ground in my pics?
                  Goodnight. That's time zones for you...Uh, I don't know but he's a beautiful background

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                  brushes are super easy and addictive! I had over 1000 at one time and I finally went through and got rid of a lot of them. We still have all week and weekend.....challenge isn't over until Sept 2nd!
                  Oh I utterly suck at brush work. I only use the basic ones (round) ones and a few shaped like a brush and ink splatters. Of course, some more gifted than I get wonderful results. Which means everyone else.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wonderful artwork! Jason looks just fine, JW.

I'm glad you're having fun too, Dell.

sigpic

Comment

The brushes you just have to work at I found a night sky set those are what I used for the Jason sig I made for the challenge it was 3 or 4 different brushes sometimes they work well sometimes not so much
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Just a reminder about the challenge going on.

If you are a little rusty [I know I am] and want to refresh yourself on Gimp, or if you are new to Gimp and want to learn and try out these challenges, check out these tutorials.

Check out the new clubhouse here. The current [and past challenges] will always be listed here for easy reference. The link is always in my sig.

Challenge #1

Artwork: Make a sig and matching avi/icon of your fave thunk, from any show or movie. This is not limited to just SG1/SGA. Easy Peasy right? Remember GW size limits are 700 by 180 pixels or 102.5 KB for sigs and 100x100 or 120x120 for avis/icons.

We are taking it easy this time, so to ease back into artwork and challenges. If you would like an extra challenge…….make another set all in black and white, no color!
                        Again, we are going slow for this first challenge.

If you are more interested in fan fic, or like both, there is a writing challenge as well. Write a drabble, no less than 100 words. If you are feeling spiffy, make it 300, or even 500 words. No more than 500 or else it becomes a story. We just want a drabble this time. Go slow, ease back into it. Topic is artist choice. Have fun!!!

PM me your entries no later than Sunday September 1st at 6 PM CST / 12AM GMT.

You can do more than one thunk in your art, or just one, it is your choice. Post them here if you want, but don't forget to PM me! Above all else...HAVE FUN!

Let me know if there are any questions, concerns or thoughts!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                          looks good!!
                          I think Gimp is very easy [and free!] there is so much about it I have not even used....

I am glad you are having fun!
                          Scared not to now!
                          Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                          The brushes you just have to work at I found a night sky set those are what I used for the Jason sig I made for the challenge it was 3 or 4 different brushes sometimes they work well sometimes not so much
                          Ok, so is the a tutorial for the brushes?
                          sigpic

Comment

Scared not to now!

Ok, so is the a tutorial for the brushes?
                            Actually, I haven't done a tut on brushes, but I can certainly help you. What questions do you have?
                            sigpic

Comment

every thing! just have no clues as to what they do how they do it, or how to navigate them in the menu box
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello all!

Great to see the challenges back again. I found you thanks to a link posted in the Artwork for All (AfA) thread.

Here's my contribution to the challenge, another bearded guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X