No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He called him Sheppard in last few episodes but never Jonh. I hope that in S3 sometimes. But I think that Rodney never calls Shep John because he would admit that they are best friends. A defense, maybe. But I think this "Sheppard thing" says more about their friendship than if he would call him John.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625
      Just finished this one. It's a pretty good whump. As always - apologies if it's been rec'd before or you've already read it

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703576/1/
      Thanks for this rec. Enjoyed it. Poor old Rodders!
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
        Maybe McKay tells a bad joke and the Wraith run off...
        LOL! If only...

Does anyone like my new sig???
        yes, very nice!

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
        Mind you I still haven't seen Cube I am such a baby!!

Spoiler:
        and I know he dies at the end and I won't like it
        As I recall
        Spoiler:
        it's sort of implied that he dies, we never really see it, though there is lots of whumping previous to said death. And as Allestian said, it's a heroic death.

re the name thing... I agree that the reason he doesn't call him John is partly because Sheppard's military and so Rodney has been calling him "Sheppard" from day one. It could also be the distance thing.

Originally posted by JuneBug625
        When he finally does use his first name (he has to at some point, right?) I will squeal with glee. I can't explain why but it's something I really want to see.
        me too! I would love for this to be whump and/or h/c scene.

thanks for more fic recs!
        Last edited by pavaneofstars; 01 June 2006, 08:47 AM.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
          As I recall
          Spoiler:
          it's sort of implied that he dies, we never really see it, though there is lots of whumping previous to said death. And as Allestian said, it's a heroic death.

Oh the whumper in me is sorely tempted now!!!!

Is it very gory - could you warn me when nasty bits are coming up so I don't jump out of my skin?

I really am a big wuss you know!!

Mx
          sig by SheppyD
          Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
          So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
            Oh the whumper in me is sorely tempted now!!!!

Is it very gory - could you warn me when nasty bits are coming up so I don't jump out of my skin?

I really am a big wuss you know!!

Mx

I understand. I went to a Halloween party last year and we were watching one of the Friday the 13th movies and my friend (who never watches scary movies, it's too much for her) grabbed me durring all the scary bits. I think she startled me more than the movie did at times!

more about Cube
            Spoiler:
            Well, the opening scene is pretty gory. And they set off some booby traps with dire consequences through out the film. There are some scenes when Worth, DH's character, is beaten pretty badly and stabbed

Hope I haven't completely scared you away from this movie

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Of course...

Spoiler:
              His stabbing isn't half way as bad as his colleague's stabbing before his. Her stabbing is totally out of the blue. You'll be proud of DH's character (Worth) when you see what he does.

Pavane - my sig that I was on about was a CUBE sig actually. I'll put it up in a little while.

That's it!!! I've gone off the pot here!!! Right. I'm going to create a CUBE thread for all those who wanna go on it. Back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian

Pavane - my sig that I was on about was a CUBE sig actually. I'll put it up in a little while.

That's it!!! I've gone off the pot here!!! Right. I'm going to create a CUBE thread for all those who wanna go on it. Back soon.

Ah, I see the Cube sig! Very nice! And I have just visited the Cube thread. Hope to see more folks over there. Already saw a couple of other peeps there so there is interest.

so that this is legal, some McKay whump!

Cheers!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I have posted on your Cube thread Allestian!!

Spoiler:

Mx
                  Last edited by McKayRocks!; 08 June 2006, 10:53 AM.
                  sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

All these Cube references are scaring me, I'm such a wuss. Is it worth seeing for the delectable DH, even if I spend half the film behind the sofa?
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                      All these Cube references are scaring me, I'm such a wuss. Is it worth seeing for the delectable DH, even if I spend half the film behind the sofa?
                      Well you sound just like me!! I am glad I am not the only one! As a whumper it must be a good film for us to watch but there is nasties in it!!! The beginning is rather unpleasant I hear but we should be brave and try to watch it as it does come highly recommended and David is excellent in it (apparently).

I may have to get the tinsiest bit tipsey to get brave enough to watch it!!

Mx
                      Last edited by McKayRocks!; 01 June 2006, 12:13 PM.
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Right I'm a total CUBEr so I can tell you that David is there from the off (Apart from the very start) and he's whumped at the start so it's a good film for you whumpers.

Comment

I haven't seen the Cube in years. I watched it ages and ages ago - before I knew who DH was - and didn't even realise until coming onto GW that he had been in it! And now I'm dying to rewatch it and truly appreciate the DH!

It's next on my list on Amazon DVD rental I think...
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I recently put a thread on about it so you can pay a visit when you want to...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                              I think so As I said to Mx a while back, I'd come over and watch it with ya, but there's the whole distance thing.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                                I think so As I said to Mx a while back, I'd come over and watch it with ya, but there's the whole distance thing.
                                Maybe we can watch it at P2 McKayRocks!? I can bring the laptop - s'got a DVD player in it - and we can watch DVDs! And drink! And you can hide behind your hands during the gory bits and I can tell you when it's safe to look!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X