No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of which I'm thinking of making a new sig dunno what's going on it though...

It's the first of June and I'm up for whumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian

It's the first of June and I'm up for whumping.

Well I am always up for whumping!!

Can't wait for the new Season!! Must be some residual whump in the first ep because of where Rodney was as Allies ended! They better make something of the situation or shall sulk and pout like a 2 year old!!

Spoiler:

Mx
      Last edited by McKayRocks!; 08 June 2006, 10:51 AM.
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

Maybe McKay tells a bad joke and the Wraith run off...

Does anyone like my new sig???

Comment

Does anyone like my new sig???

Very nice - like the play on words!!

Mind you I still haven't seen Cube I am such a baby!!

Spoiler:
          and I know he dies at the end and I won't like it

Mx
          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

It's not bad it's very heroic actually.

Comment

It's not bad it's very heroic actually.

That would make me all the more sad

I am so soppy! I adore whump beyond words but I never actually
              Spoiler:
              want anyone to die

That's why I don't read deathfic.

Mx
              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

I know what you mean...if there's a character I love then I don't want to see the character get shipped out. Whumped sure but no getting rid of them.

That's why McKay will live forever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaspa

I'm waiting with baited breath!! No, seriously, I'm holding my breath until you rec a new whump fic!! I mean, look at my face! It's completely red!! You better hurry!!

- Wow, it's very late and it's been a really loooong day - a very good day - but very long. Good night all!! Happy whumping!!
                  Well I have the day off of work today, kaspa, so I'll see what I can do!

You know, I hope they do one of those behind-the-scenes specials before the new season starts. They're always so funny!

And I loved DH in Cube. He looked great in the movie too I'd post a cap right now but I don't have the capability to do so yet

Cheers, all!
                  "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Whumping is a joy - we need them to stick around to get whumped some more!

H/c is all about the angst and worry you feel for the character that is hurt and the team left to care for them! It is about them all pulling together to save the whumped teammate! We know the main characters will not get killed off (not the really main ones) but still adds that little extra something to an ep! Just wish they dealt with it properly afterwards

Mx
                    Last edited by McKayRocks!; 08 June 2006, 10:52 AM.
                    sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

You know, I was just thinking... has McKay ever called Sheppard by his first name anytime in Season's 1 or 2? I can't remember a time when he has. I was just thinking that that would make a really good whump/angst scene in an upcoming season if he were hurt and in trouble and called Sheppard 'John'. But maybe he already has. Anyone know? It's been bothering me
                      "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625
                        You know, I was just thinking... has McKay ever called Sheppard by his first name anytime in Season's 1 or 2? I can't remember a time when he has. I was just thinking that that would make a really good whump/angst scene in an upcoming season if he were hurt and in trouble and called Sheppard 'John'. But maybe he already has. Anyone know? It's been bothering me
                        I don't think he has June - but then I do not know every ep inside out so I may be wrong!!! I seem to remember him only using his rank - but I expect he calls him Sheppard as well.

I know in fic he sometimes calls him John, and you are right - to use John in a whumpy ep would add that extra little something!!

Mx
                        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625
                          You are right in that I can't think of a single time that Rodney has called Sheppard "John". But I don't really mind it. I don't think it means that Rodney doesn't care for him just that he does call him by is first name. For example in SG-1 Teal'c always refered to Jack as O'Neill. Jack pretty much called Sam "Carter" Maybe it is a miltary thing. He does call Elizabeth and Carson by their first names both of whom are part of the civilian part of the staff.

As to why, I don't know. One reason could be that Rodney has simplely gotten use to thinking of Sheppard as Sheppard and it is hard for him to change his framework once he knows someones name. (He did make the comment to Caldwell in The Intruder that it would take some time to get use to calling/thinking of Sheppard as Col. and not Major) That could be why he calls Teyla and Ronon by their given names - he started from the very begining so he didn't have to change.

Another reason (one better suited to fan fic then show maybe) could that he bad memories assoicated with the name John. We know that his relationship with his family was not the best. I don't know if I would go with abuseive, but his personality fits it more then some characters I have seen fans give the child abuse background. If that is the case then maybe his father's name is/was John so in Rodney's mind he can't really think of Sheppard as John.

Just some ideas...
                          ABHarding

Sheppard: You think it's worth checking out?
                          McKay: Any significant energy emission generally indicates technological civilization.
                          Sheppard: So... you think it's worth checking out?
                          McKay: [sarcastically] I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field good.

Comment

Just finished this one. It's a pretty good whump. As always - apologies if it's been rec'd before or you've already read it

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703576/1/

Thanks, Mx. I think you're right. I just can't remember. I'm pretty positive he never used his name in Season 1 but I'm not sure about season 2. He's called almost everyone else on the show by their first name at some point, so why not Sheppard? He is his best friend after all...

Comment

Those are good points, abharding. I definitely see what you're saying. I agree that it's probably a personality thing. Like he seems to like to distance himself a bit. Maybe he cares about Sheppard the most and so therefore tries to distance himself the most in case anything were to ever happen. Of course this is all my speculation as well It's an interesting dynamic and I can't wait to see how it plays out in S3. Particularly if they are planning on including more character moments in S3.

When he finally does use his first name (he has to at some point, right?) I will squeal with glee. I can't explain why but it's something I really want to see.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the rec June - I haven't read that one!

Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Will read that tonight!!

abharding - it is probably just a habit thing as you say. When they first knew each other it was very formal. Sheppard is part of the military and I think it safe to say in general Rodney does not have a very high opinion of the military! But he has now become very good friends with this military man and I think he has just got into the habit of using his title/surname so it would just seem strange to change. My first name can be abbreviated in quite a few ways and certain people call me by a certain abbreviation. If they called me by one they didn't normally use it would seem very strange to me!!

Mx
                                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X