Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

Forget Me Not
    Rodney goes on a little night time wander. What does he find and how does it affect him and those around him? Why is everyone suddenly ignoring him?
    Finally! I get to read this one! YAY!

Twenty Questions
    He always knew he'd die when he least expected it. McKay centric, team. Deathfic, sort of.

Only the first chapter though
    This one sounds familiar...

Found a short whumpy-ish fic... Her Brother the Hero
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Finally! I get to read this one! YAY!
      I'm still not sure why it took me so long to post it I had very little to do to fix it during the read through It's over 7000 words long
      Found a short whumpy-ish fic... Her Brother the Hero
      Cute! I prefer a conscious Rodney and for him to be in lots of pain (Bwahahaha ) but it was still nice
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

But I did read one where it took a while for him to die and the team rallying around him and the emotions in the writing were just amazing If you're curious, you should check it out

Twenty Questions
        He always knew he'd die when he least expected it. McKay centric, team. Deathfic, sort of.
        Yes, it was very well written, they were perfectly in character and actually made me laugh, even though I knew where it was going. Yes, when a character actually dies, it brings out a lot in his relationship with his friends, and in them when they deal with the loss afterwards. Still, I can't see the attraction. Not when it's actually my favourite character who dies. Or any character I like, really. I guess I can sort of understand what other people see in it, knowing that they're just fictional characters and you can do whatever you want with them. But I don't like it. It's not what I want from my "escape from real life". It makes me sad. So sad, in fact, that I feel the need to cheer myself up with an attempt at humour.

"Ronon... the whumpers... they're coming for me... I can't take it anymore... PROTECT ME!"

Cute! I prefer a conscious Rodney and for him to be in lots of pain (Bwahahaha ) but it was still nice
        He looks absolutely adorable when unconscious on-screen, but it's kind of boring in a fic, if it goes on for too long. Then it isn't about him anymore, it's about the other characters...

Comment

I'm still not sure why it took me so long to post it I had very little to do to fix it during the read through It's over 7000 words long
          7000 words!

Holy ****!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

I finally checked over and posted this thing. For some reason it didn't want to be knocked into anything post-able. I actually finished it a week ago last Thursday It's for ed263's Rodney had a headache request

Forget Me Not
            Rodney goes on a little night time wander. What does he find and how does it affect him and those around him? Why is everyone suddenly ignoring him?
            Great story Varda!!!! It had Rodney having a headache and so much more!! Enjoyed reading it...several times!!

sig by Varda

Comment

I LOVE that piccy!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
              Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
              Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                Spoiler:
                Yes, it was very well written, they were perfectly in character and actually made me laugh, even though I knew where it was going. Yes, when a character actually dies, it brings out a lot in his relationship with his friends, and in them when they deal with the loss afterwards. Still, I can't see the attraction. Not when it's actually my favourite character who dies. Or any character I like, really. I guess I can sort of understand what other people see in it, knowing that they're just fictional characters and you can do whatever you want with them. But I don't like it.
                It's not what I want from my "escape from real life". It makes me sad. So sad, in fact, that I feel the need to cheer myself up with an attempt at humour.
                That particular fic was so sad I cried It was good though in a reader whumping way
                http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...l_314_1575.jpg
                "Ronon... the whumpers... they're coming for me... I can't take it anymore... PROTECT ME!"
                Does that mean I have to whump Ronon until he's unconscious before I can start working on Rodney?
                7000 words!
                Holy ****!
                I know PJM 'Out of the Blue' is over 5000 words now and I haven't finished it... As with 'Forget Me Not' it could be turned into a longfic, but I really can't be bothered... Isn't 5000+ words classed as a longfic though? I suppose it really needs to be a multi-chapter super whump for it to fall into that category
                Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                Great story Varda!!!! It had Rodney having a headache and so much more!! Enjoyed reading it...several times!!
                Oooo, thanks!

Someone just reviewed 'The Key to the End,' so I spent some time reading that Spotted a few typos which I can't take out now

Comment

Does that mean I have to whump Ronon until he's unconscious before I can start working on Rodney?
                  Spoiler:

I know PJM 'Out of the Blue' is over 5000 words now and I haven't finished it...
                  Wow...that'a a lot of words...but I love long fics!

Someone just reviewed 'The Key to the End,' so I spent some time reading that Spotted a few typos which I can't take out now
                  Once you post a story, you can't edit it in any way? That's not nice of FFN.

sig by Varda

Comment

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/ed263/Cartoon/Funny%20Pictures/funny-pictures-kitten-has-an-over-p.jpg
                    Wow...that'a a lot of words...but I love long fics!
                    It's 14 pages in Word, but I'm desperate to start working on my longfics!
                    Once you post a story, you can't edit it in any way? That's not nice of FFN.
                    You can, but it only allows you to keep 15 documents in the uploader area. They expire after 60 days and I tend to purge the whole lot after a few days anyway I *could* correct the chapter, but it would take a few minutes and I can't be bothered now They're only ever very minor errors anyway

Comment

I'm back from my search for that fic, for that other thread... Still haven't found it yet.

We also had a thunderstorm to deal with..
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm back from my search for that fic, for that other thread... Still haven't found it yet.
                        Can you give us a summary? I might have read it too

Comment

It's 14 pages in Word, but I'm desperate to start working on my longfics! You can, but it only allows you to keep 15 documents in the uploader area. They expire after 60 days and I tend to purge the whole lot after a few days anyway I *could* correct the chapter, but it would take a few minutes and I can't be bothered now They're only ever very minor errors anyway
                          Minor errors..... no need to bother. Doesn't interfer with my reading a good story!

We also had a thunderstorm to deal with..
                          Love...love thunderstorms!!

Ditto.

sig by Varda

Comment

Uh... I can try... maybe... it's been a while but I'll give it a go...

It sorta compares Rodney's evolution from "scientist" to "soldier" to Daniels evolution of the same nature. Kinda introspectively... I think. Something along those lines.

I wish I could remember it more. It was so long ago that I read it and I didn't take note of the author or the title. I'm such an idiot!

Love...love thunderstorms!!
                            Me too! It looks like we might be gettin' another one later... the sky is a dark blue/grey over yonder.

Ditto.
                            See my response further up.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Uh... I can try... maybe... it's been a while but I'll give it a go...

It sorta compares Rodney's evolution from "scientist" to "soldier" to Daniels evolution of the same nature. Kinda introspectively... I think. Something along those lines.

I wish I could remember it more. It was so long ago that I read it and I didn't take note of the author or the title. I'm such an idiot!
                              No, I haven't read this I did read an unfinished fic once where Rodney turned into a soldier. I think it got written into a corner as it was impossible to turn Rodney back into what he had once been after he got all buffed up and stoic
                              Me too! It looks like we might be gettin' another one later... the sky is a dark blue/grey over yonder.
                              I love storms. We only get a couple of really good ones in the UK each year though You just gave me an idea for the 'Storm' prompt for my FF100. Poor Rodney! hehehe

Comment

I love storms. We only get a couple of really good ones in the UK each year though You just gave me an idea for the 'Storm' prompt for my FF100. Poor Rodney! hehehe
                                Don't forget, Rodney almost got hit by lighting once!

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X