Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
    If a lot of ppl do that that must mean ppl hate my stories LOL I get ppl who subscribe to my stories all the time but they NEVER leave reviews. I mean it would be kinda nice to hear from ppl LOL
    Aw, don't feel like that Vala

Taking my PJM series as an extremely extreme example... I have 31 people subscribed. Add to that my author alert list of 36 (deducting duplicates)...

55 people get an email whenever I update PJM! Alas, only 5 reviews for that last one I'm used to it now though

I have subscribed to some stories in the *hope* that there will be Rodney whump at some point. I skim the chapter and if not, I keep on hoping (but don't review) Like I know that some people on my author alert list only like McKeller or only like whump... they probably do the same as me

Skim, skim, skim... Oh! McKeller... pass...
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

If a lot of ppl do that that must mean ppl hate my stories LOL I get ppl who subscribe to my stories all the time but they NEVER leave reviews. I mean it would be kinda nice to hear from ppl LOL
      Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      Aw, don't feel like that Vala

Taking my PJM series as an extremely extreme example... I have 31 people subscribed. Add to that my author alert list of 36 (deducting duplicates)...

55 people get an email whenever I update PJM! Alas, only 5 reviews for that last one I'm used to it now though

I have subscribed to some stories in the *hope* that there will be Rodney whump at some point. I skim the chapter and if not, I keep on hoping (but don't review) Like I know that some people on my author alert list only like McKeller or only like whump... they probably do the same as me

Hi Vala and Varda, speaking as one who would read and run and not leave a review....sometimes it's just a little nerve racking for me to leave a review.
      Sorry!

I think leaving a request at the end of the chapter/story simply saying "please let me know if you enjoyed it" as opposed to "please leave a review" got me to leave a simple review of "I really enjoyed the chapter/story" when I would not have left any review at all.

Something about the word "review" really gets to me...it makes me feel like I have to leave a critique or something in depth. Since coming to these threads and reading how you really look forward to the reviews, I am trying really hard to do that, but you know, it takes me a while to think about what to say, sometimes I leave it for the next day

Don't know if I am odd ball or not...but don't get discourged if you don't get reviews...look at the hits, because to tell you honest I still do read and not review... Sorry!!!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
        Hi Vala and Varda, speaking as one who would read and run and not leave a review....sometimes it's just a little nerve racking for me to leave a review.
        Sorry!
        I'm bad too
        I think leaving a request at the end of the chapter/story simply saying "please let me know if you enjoyed it" as opposed to "please leave a review" got me to leave a simple review of "I really enjoyed the chapter/story" when I would not have left any review at all.
        I don't ask anymore I try to bait the clicky green button on PJMs by either asking questions at the end or making a comment about the story
        Something about the word "review" really gets to me...it makes me feel like I have to leave a critique or something in depth.
        It's like being at school/work

x Varda x performance evaluation/review...
        A good effort, but a little bit short. There was a typo in the third paragraph, word 6. Your grammar was wrong in the last sentence. Ronon was mean and McKay would probably die in about ten seconds from *those* injuries.

I rate this piece at grade D. Definite room for improvement here.

Since coming to these threads and reading how you really look forward to the reviews, I am trying really hard to do that, but you know, it takes me a while to think about what to say, sometimes I leave it for the next day
        Sometimes I finish reading and I think, hmm, um, okaaay I may then think about it the next day if the story has really worked its way into my mind. I'll then go back and review. There was a particular story that did this for me recently:-

Twenty Questions
        He always knew he'd die when he least expected it. McKay centric, team. Deathfic, sort of.

I think this was originally a oneshot, but the author went back and spun it out. Now the first chapter was amazing and brilliant (although traumatic and sad), I tried reading the rest, but couldn't get into it. So I just reviewed the first chapter a day later once I'd skimmed the whole thing.
        Don't know if I am odd ball or not...but don't get discourged if you don't get reviews...look at the hits, because to tell you honest I still do read and not review... Sorry!!!
        Lots of beautiful little numbers

Comment

A good effort, but a little bit short. There was a typo in the third paragraph, word 6. Your grammar was wrong in the last sentence. Ronon was mean and McKay would probably die in about ten seconds from *those* injuries.

*flashback to high school!*
          Oh man, all that red is so reminiscent of my English lit class!! Now that is real whumping!!
          I think that is why I went into the sciences!

sig by Varda

Comment

Hi V. Nice new sig! Got some inspiration after I posted the screen caps of S&R? Rodney all whumped...

Hi E.

And Hi Vala...

I agree.

I have subscribed to some stories in the *hope* that there will be Rodney whump at some point. I skim the chapter and if not, I keep on hoping (but don't review) Like I know that some people on my author alert list only like McKeller or only like whump... they probably do the same as me.

Actually it's more like: Ctrl+F "Jennifer", "Keller", "Jen"... more than three hits? Yes, I'll read it. No. So not necessarily McKeller.

So, now you know it, if you have "Jennifer" in it three times or more, I'll read it. But I do like both, the Rodney Whump and the McKeller stuff.

Sorry!

Something about the word "review" really gets to me...it makes me feel like I have to leave a critique or something in depth. Since coming to these threads and reading how you really look forward to the reviews, I am trying really hard to do that, but you know, it takes me a while to think about what to say, sometimes I leave it for the next day.

Don't know if I am odd ball or not...but don't get discouraged if you don't get reviews...look at the hits, because to tell you honest I still do read and not review... Sorry!!!
            I'll have to remember that. Ask if they enjoyed or hated the story and not to leave me a review. Hmm, but then they could tell me however they want and not necessarily leave me a review. Dilemma. However, I would like to have a good critique from time to time, well I would not mind... It could always improve my writing. I would love to know what people who read my stories don't like about so that they don't leave a review.

I'm bad too

I don't ask anymore I try to bait the clicky green button on PJMs by either asking questions at the end or making a comment about the story
            It's like being at school/work

Sometimes I finish reading and I think, hmm, um, okaaay I may then think about it the next day if the story has really worked its way into my mind. I'll then go back and review. There was a particular story that did this for me recently:-

Twenty Questions
            He always knew he'd die when he least expected it. McKay centric, team. Deathfic, sort of.

I think this was originally a oneshot, but the author went back and spun it out. Now the first chapter was amazing and brilliant (although traumatic and sad), I tried reading the rest, but couldn't get into it. So I just reviewed the first chapter a day later once I'd skimmed the whole thing.

Lots of beautiful little numbers.
            LOL!

Won't read that story, it has no Jennifer in it.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              Hi V. Nice new sig! Got some inspiration after I posted the screen caps of S&R? Rodney all whumped...
              Uh, maybe a little bit! Here it is, as I change my sig frequently...

I posted my latest oneshot Rodney!whump fic. Lots and lots of hits (66) and zero reviews

Sunset
              What’s up with Rodney? Why has he stopped complaining about things? He gets injured during an offworld mission and John has to keep him alive while they wait to be rescued. He decides it’s high time for a long talk with his friend.

Comment

I posted my latest oneshot Rodney!whump fic. Lots and lots of hits (66) and zero reviews
                I read it and left a review! The first one I think...

Great story!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  I read it and left a review! The first one I think...

Great story!
                  Thanks! It has 2 now (for 114 hits) I like the butterfly simile

Comment

Sunset
                    What’s up with Rodney? Why has he stopped complaining about things? He gets injured during an offworld mission and John has to keep him alive while they wait to be rescued. He decides it’s high time for a long talk with his friend.

Started reading.....so far so great! *runs back to continue reading*

sig by Varda

Comment

Well I started reading it then got distracted by comic relief finished and reviewed now

Comment

Thanks! It has 2 now (for 114 hits) I like the butterfly simile
                        Still reading!! And loving it!! I really like to read these kinds of stories really slowly!! I read a little....go off somewhere....go back and read some more!!

I wonder if I have ADD!?

You are doing a great job of whumping Rodney....so loving it!

*runs back to read some more*

sig by Varda

Comment

Uh, maybe a little bit! Here it is, as I change my sig frequently...
                          http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...Whumpfinal.jpg

Sunset
                          Darn! That sounds great and I want to read your long one too. Going away for a week to the parents. Don't think they'd apprciate me sitting and reading instead of visiting. Ah well, will have lovely whump to come back to then.
                          Shelly
                          My Photos
                          sigpic

Comment

Started reading.....so far so great! *runs back to continue reading*
                            Still reading!! And loving it!! I really like to read these kinds of stories really slowly!! I read a little....go off somewhere....go back and read some more!!

I wonder if I have ADD!?

You are doing a great job of whumping Rodney....so loving it!

*runs back to read some more*
                            Hehe! Reading it more slowly allows you to fully appreciate the finer points of the whump and really dwell on it (I saw that you finally finished )
                            Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                            Darn! That sounds great and I want to read your long one too. Going away for a week to the parents. Don't think they'd apprciate me sitting and reading instead of visiting. Ah well, will have lovely whump to come back to then.
                            Possibly a lot more by the time you're back Although I'm in the preliminary mapping stage of a Daedalus based long fic called 'Dead in the Water' I'll probably work on that for the next few days.

Comment

Hehe! Reading it more slowly allows you to fully appreciate the finer points of the whump and really dwell on it (I saw that you finally finished )
                              Ah....like enjoying a fine wine!
                              Pour a little bit into a glass....swish it around a little...savor the aroma... and then toss it back!

Possibly a lot more by the time you're back Although I'm in the preliminary mapping stage of a Daedalus based long fic called 'Dead in the Water' I'll probably work on that for the next few days.
                              OMG...another story!!! *bounces up and down!*

sig by Varda

Comment

Ah....like enjoying a fine wine!
                                Pour a little bit into a glass....swish it around a little...savor the aroma... and then toss it back!
                                That's *exactly* what I was thinking
                                OMG...another story!!! *bounces up and down!*
                                I know

Whoa! I had the idea for Dead in the Water on 31st Dec '08. I still have another longfic plot which has been swilling around since last July (the first idea I had) called 'The Cruiser.' Much of the whump from this old idea has now been incorporated into other stories, but I'm sure I can think of something

*Goes and digs out notepad*
                                It's a bit chewed considering I write most of my stuff when I'm out and about (on the bus, at work, sitting on benches, I even write in there as I'm walking along sometimes... *bumps into tree* "Hello, tree." Oh! There's another idea right there! Scribble scribble...)

Alas, I have a list of stories I want to write about two pages long. It grows every week too It's actually tricky to decide which one to write next

Comment

Working...
                                X