Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
    It's from Home when they are waking up on the planet after just being released by the fake General Hammond. He's just wiping his face really as he is getting up off the dusty floor but it's so funny you can put all sorts of captions with it!

Mx
    I was wondering where that image came from too.
    I should know, I just saw that EP not too long ago.
    sheesh!

*thinks she hasn't contributed to the whump in a
    while, very neglectful!*
    WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
    "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
    Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
      Well, I do write fic, but this scenario has already been done numerous times, and I doubt I could do better than those who already wrote a fic about that subject.
      I know you said to go on livejournal to find fic but do you have links to stories using this scenerio? I am not a regular user of LJ so it is a little confusing to me

Oh yes, yes, me too! It's one of my favourite pics! I know it sounds weird, but sometimes I open this pic and just look at it for a few minutes. I want to hug the poor woobie so badly whenever I see this pic!
      Sounds perfectly fine to me and a great way to spend a few minutes!

Mx, I think you and I share one whumplove mind, we always love and think the same things when it comes to Rodney whumpage!
      Isn't it great!

Mx
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Did anyone see how in Coup
        Spoiler:
        McKay went down face first whenhe was gassed.
        Just finished watching it about half an hour ago! It was just as you said - I was watching out for it so thanks for the tip

Originally posted by T'saria
        *thinks she hasn't contributed to the whump in a
        while, very neglectful!*
        No need to feel like that as we are veteran posters here! We have to keep the whumpage alive and it looks like we're getting more whumpees so we've succeeded.

I think it's Michael next Wednesday - any whump to look forward to do you know?

Another one for Arlessiar - Carson as well!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...thehive420.jpg

Mx
        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

No need to feel like that as we are veteran posters here! We have to keep the whumpage alive and it looks like we're getting more whumpees so we've succeeded.

I think it's Michael next Wednesday - any whump to look forward to do you know?

Mx
          hmm. don't know if there is any decent whumpage in
          Michael! it's friday for me on SciFi! I know that Teyla
          does have a few incidents..however!
          WraithyPuff

Comment

I just read a scene like that in a good (McShep) fanfic and I thought "Oh I'd love to see that on the show!"
            Have you read Koschka's fan fic where they're out training (which was funny) and Rodney's stung by the bee and has an allergic reaction (which was sweet/funny/angsty)? I think all of her fic would make great SGA episodes (even the pre-slashy one). First off, they're funny as hell, but the Shep/McKay relationship is so sweet, too, and so believably 'shippy (no matter which kind of ship you're into). I loved that Sheppard remembered Rodney's comment about being allergic to bee stings, believed it, and carries the epinephrine around with him as a result.
            I'd love to see more relationship-exploring eps for all the characters, but especially for Sheppard and McKay. They're the most interesting. And cutest.

Comment

Oh, thankee!!!
              Oh the poor darling! Good that his doc is also his friend and holds a bedside vigil!
              I know you said to go on livejournal to find fic but do you have links to stories using this scenerio? I am not a regular user of LJ so it is a little confusing to me
              Well, I admit that it's hard to find stories on LJ because it's not really an archive. Luckily many stories that are posted there every day are also posted on ff.net or Wraithbait, and it's easier to look there for older stories.
              Since I read dozens of fanfics every day it's also hard to remember all the titles of a special fanfic, so I can't give you many specific links or titles right now. I'd have to search all the stories I saved to my HD again, I saved a lot of the allergy fics, but that would take too long right now since it's already very late. But I did a search on a few archives, and here are some links to "anaphylactic shock" fanfics (but there are a lot more out there). Some are better than others, not all are medically correct, but there's a lot of whump and comfort:

The lemon coke of evil
              Six courses
              Charting the motion of planets
              The Geek's field guide to arachnids
              Shock

This is one part of Mice's brilliant McBeck series:
              Moments sacred and profane 7

And I remember a fic in which Kavanagh doesn't believe that Rodney is really allergic to citrus but only exaggerating as usual, and so he slips him some lemons in his meal as a joke, which has bad consequences. But right now I can't remember the title of this fic.
              EDIT: Found it! War of Wills

Originally posted by smushbybird
              Have you read Koschka's fan fic where they're out training (which was funny) and Rodney's stung by the bee and has an allergic reaction (which was sweet/funny/angsty)?
              Yes, I think I've read that. But I've read so much that I've problems to remember it all!
              I loved that Sheppard remembered Rodney's comment about being allergic to bee stings, believed it, and carries the epinephrine around with him as a result.
              See, this is one of these small things I'd love to see or get mentioned on the show. Sheppard wanting to be prepared for all the bad things that could happen to his teammates - I'd like that!

Bye, A.
              Last edited by Arlessiar; 22 February 2006, 02:51 PM.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hey guys..totally OT
                but I just got another fun quiz. this one is
                Which sci-fi crew would you best fit in?
                http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=102272

Here are my results, and they do sound just like me!
                You scored as SG-1 (from Stargate).

You are versatile and diverse in your thinking. You have an open mind to that which seems highly unlikely and accept it with a bit of humor. Now if only aliens would stop trying to take over your body.

SG-1 (from Stargate) 100%
                Moya (from Farscape) 100%
                Serenity (from Firefly) 94%
                Nebuchadnezzar (from The Matrix) 94%
                Millennium Falcon (from Star Wars) 75%
                Bebop (from Cowboy Bebop) 63%
                Enterprise D (from Star Trek) 56%
                Galactica (from Battlestar: Galactica) 38%
                WraithyPuff

Comment

ok..I am back on topic..

don't know why..but I found these pretty funny.
                  Classic McKay that's the first pict..for sure!

and the second is just plain fun..I think..
                  WraithyPuff

Comment

But I did a search on a few archives, and here are some links to "anaphylactic shock" fanfics (but there are a lot more out there). Some are better than others, not all are medically correct, but there's a lot of whump and comfort:

The lemon coke of evil
                    Six courses
                    Charting the motion of planets
                    The Geek's field guide to arachnids
                    Shock

This is one part of Mice's brilliant McBeck series:
                    Moments sacred and profane 7

And I remember a fic in which Kavanagh doesn't believe that Rodney is really allergic to citrus but only exaggerating as usual, and so he slips him some lemons in his meal as a joke, which has bad consequences. But right now I can't remember the title of this fic.
                    EDIT: Found it! War of Wills
                    Oh thanks so much Arlessiar! Just read War of the Wills and loved it!!!!! Have had a stressful and tiring day and that was just what I needed. What I wouldn't give to see that really done - just have to use my imagination instead.

Will go and read some of the other fanfic as well when I have caught up with what has been going on here on the threads. Need to find some now that rewrites some of the endings I have been unhappy with such as GUP and The Hive to fulfil my whump needs.

Keep meaning to ask - in the episode guide for Duet there is a photo of Rodney kissing Cadman yet it never appeared in the episode. Do you know anything about it at all? I am very intrigued and confused

Sleepy little woobie!

Mx
                    sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hey guys..totally OT
                      but I just got another fun quiz. this one is
                      Which sci-fi crew would you best fit in?
                      http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=102272
                      Thanks!

Will give it a go now and let you know what I get! The other quiz went down a treat on the thunk thread so maybe I'll post this there as well!

Love the pics - it looks like he is holding an invisible microphone in the last one and is doing a karaoke turn down the pub!!

You must read the fic that Arlessiar posted - it's really good!

Mx
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Thanks!

Will give it a go now and let you know what I get! The other quiz went down a treat on the thunk thread so maybe I'll post this there as well!

Love the pics - it looks like he is holding an invisible microphone in the last one and is doing a karaoke turn down the pub!!

You must read the fic that Arlessiar posted - it's really good!

Mx
                        Hey there McKayRocks!

were is the fic again..you are right. it is high time i read it!

*is looking forward to tomorrow night for some new
                        McKayisms...he he he!*
                        WraithyPuff

Comment

Hey there McKayRocks!

McKayisms...he he he!*
                          good grief! i just saw the links..ha haha!
                          I was thinking of the first post put on..
                          I forgot about the others. doah!
                          WraithyPuff

Comment

Eirual here,

This is a pic from our lemon saga that's going to go on the rockett thread eventually. To put it simply it is the 'torturing McKay saga' lol. Hope you enjoy it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...mon_Badday.jpg

SUPPORT THE BECKETT!!!
                            Rockett_Series inspired by the funniest thread on the interweb/(under construction)

eirual + nerrad = nerual

Comment

Hey there McKayRocks!

McKayisms...he he he!*
                              I can't quote the links as they disappear when I copy them so look up to Arlessiar's last post and read War of the Wills. I haven't read the others yet but am going to

He He this is fun!!

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

I can't quote the links as they disappear when I copy them so look up to Arlessiar's last post and read War of the Wills. I haven't read the others yet but am going to

He He this is fun!!

Mx
                                weird! i just pulled up the Geek's Field guide story..
                                looked funny to me. I just started reading it.. he he he
                                WraithyPuff

Comment

Working...
                                X