Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    *slaps own head* My, of course I read that, I posted the link to that interview in another thread and now I couldn't remember this part of the interview? What's wrong with me? Maybe I was too distracted by the "Paul needs a girlfriend" thing.
    Oh yes, you're right, I think that was the name of the ep in which the Genii appear again. So maybe this is the third Whumped!Rodney episode!

EDIT: Yes, it is Coup D'Etat, the interviewer says on another page that this is the episode DH was talking about.

Bye, A.
    If they'd just title the episodes "Whumped Rodney", it would make things so much easier, wouldn't it? Or maybe as DH says, "Torturing David Hewlett".
    It has a distinctive ring to it.

Comment

I've been reading a page with some major spoilers for upcoming SGA episodes, and the article about "The Hive" doesn't say anything about
      Spoiler:
      the "Rodney on cold turkey" scene Paul McGillion mentioned. What it does say is that Rodney is confering with the others back on Atlantis. Hmm, seems he recovered pretty quickly then, right? Maybe there isn't really this nice long whumping scene I was hoping for?
      Oh, can't it be November already? I want to see how this really turns out to be!

Here's the link if anyone is interested:
      Be careful, MAJOR SPOILERS for many upcoming episodes!
      http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/index.php?cat=9

EDIT: Someone told me that some things on this page are a little out-of-date already, so take it, as always with spoilers, with a grain of salt.

Bye, A.
      Last edited by Arlessiar; 22 October 2005, 07:19 AM.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Nice, the newest spoilers on the GW main page say that there will indeed be a scene in "The Hive"
        Spoiler:
        in which Rodney ends up in restraints, because he injects himself with a massive dose of the enzyme and isn't really coherent when he comes back to Atlantis.
        Looks like there's really the whumping I was hoping for ahead, my fears of my last post that it won't be in it are gone now.

Can't wait.

Bye, A.

Comment

Wow, it's been some time since the last post here! And this although there was so much Rodney whumpage in the last eps!

Here's a pic from "The Hive":
          http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Infirmary.jpg

And here's one from "Grace under pressure":
          http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ar/Injured.jpg

Concerning GUP, I'm still sad that we didn't get to see
          Spoiler:
          an infirmary scene after Rodney's rescue. Hypothermia and this nasty head wound - where was the comfort Rodney needed after his ordeal?

Bye, A.

Comment

Hopfully, it will get a mention in the next ep.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

*jumps back into thread*
              hullo ullo all

finally got back onto gw proper...(comp is screwy)

Yay mckay whump......and I'm awaiting Grace under pressure v eagerly..seen up to critical mass ....but awaiting GuP

merry whumpage all!

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

It's so quiet here!
                So here's another Rodney whump pic from "The long goodbye":

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ssiar/Down.jpg

Bye, A.

Comment

wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo
                  whumpage *happy*

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

Only a little whumpage in the season's finale "Allies", if you don't count the fact that Rodney is (big spoiler)
                    Spoiler:
                    so very screwed now that he's in the hands of the Wraith!
                    I really can't wait for season three!

Anyway, here's the URL to a whump pic from "Allies". Poor Rodney
                    Spoiler:
                    stunned in a Wraith cocoon
                    !

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nconscious.jpg

Bye, A.

Comment

It's been a bit quiet here so where are all the whumpers?!

We're only up to 'Grace Under Pressure' in the UK but what a fab episode for some serious whumpage!!!

This has to be one of my favourites along with Duet, Hot Zone and The Hive. I know its been said before but I nearly always feel cheated with the endings of some of these episodes when they recover *so* quickly - its like they were never ill/hurt at all. Felt this especially in The Hive and a bit in GUP when
                      Spoiler:
                      he just stood right up at the end and waved to Sam. You would think with the concussion and almost suffering from hypothermia he would look a little unsteady on his feet! We needed a little bit in the infirmary at the end because everyone had made such an effort to rescue him that a bedside scene would have rounded it off. Also he would be suffering psychologically because of Griffin sacrificing himself for Rodney so I wonder if that will ever be brought up again?

Sometimes they need to mention things like this in later episodes to keep the character development going.

Still I'd rather have incomplete whumpage than none at all! Can't wait for the episodes mentioned above!

x
                      sig by SheppyD
                      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                      So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                        We're only up to 'Grace Under Pressure' in the UK but what a fab episode for some serious whumpage!!!
                        I know its been said before but I nearly always feel cheated with the endings of some of these episodes when they recover *so* quickly - its like they were never ill/hurt at all.
                        Yes, I talked about that in a lot of different threads already, and I fully agree. I admit it, I'm a h/c fan, but it seems we often only get to see the hurt part but never the comfort part on the show when there's whumping. I was especially dissappointed after GUP. I wished there was an ending like the one you described. The one with Sam wasn't exactly bad, it had some kind of atmosphere, but however, I still long for another ending. There's a lot of fanfic about that which will have to do, but the lack of h/c still bothers me.

Bye, A.

Comment

I think this one belongs here:

Comment

Hello again!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                            I was especially dissappointed after GUP. I wished there was an ending like the one you described. The one with Sam wasn't exactly bad, it had some kind of atmosphere, but however, I still long for another ending. There's a lot of fanfic about that which will have to do, but the lack of h/c still bothers me.
                            I haven't read much fanfic yet as I'm new to all this so I will have to try some. Still, I wish we could really *see* these endings To me it would add so much more realism to the situations.

(Hope I quoted ok as have not used that before - now need to work out how to quote more than one person!!)

Mx
                            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Might a wraithie post a Mckay whump!

i think Rodney's workin' hard here!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...SGA-19-005.jpg
                              Last edited by T'saria; 08 February 2006, 01:47 PM.
                              WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                              "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                              Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Weeell Ok! Without you wraithies we wouldn't have a lot of whumping now would we

Thanks for the great pic - is it from Allies?

I haven't seen that episode yet as we are only up to the Tower here in UK (no whumping in that one )

I'll look forward to this muchly

Fave eps for whumping are Duet, The Hive, Grace Under Pressure, Hot Zone, Hide and Seek and Suspicion (yum!)

I'm sure there are others I've forgotten - anyone else have favourite episodes?

Mx
                                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X