This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backwardsman
    when the 303 comes there will be at least 8 of them.
    I already said that.So no matter wether they are going to put them on Atlantis or not we will find out how effective they are against darts.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

the 302 s can put all kinds of missiles on them and the have a speed advantage since they have hyperdrive so they could make nuke hit and runs.
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity."
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

i think 302's would be good on Atlantis becasue it would give the pilots without the ATA gene the ability to take to the air and take out some Wraith. And it would replace PJ's as our main defence craft because they are not designed for defence but to go through the stargate, raconosense (sp?) and transport (although they have kicka** weapons)

Comment

Perhaps a dumb question, but haven't had my Starbucks today.

Without a ZPM or like power the Stargate can't connect, so just how will they get there? Also, will they fit, as they are not the same a Deathglider. Also, the Gate on Earth is only Gate that can connect to Atlantis, per hardcode on Atlantis side.

And while they might get that bucket of spacejunk X303, it will take too long to get to Atlantis. And it can only hold eight X302 ships.
          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Hmm...F-302s equipped with the new Railguns sounds like a really interesting idea. The only issues I can see are if the Railguns can be incorporated into the 302's design. After all, those railguns were the size of small artiliry units. I honestly don't konw if the 302 could carry the gun let alone all the ammunition it would need. As for the runway, the construction of a catapult system would greatly reduce the amount of runway it would need and since the 302 can lift off in a shorter distance than our current jets can, that would be almost no runway needed. Now figuring out how to land the thing...well thats a different matter.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
              Perhaps a dumb question, but haven't had my Starbucks today.

Without a ZPM or like power the Stargate can't connect, so just how will they get there? Also, will they fit, as they are not the same a Deathglider. Also, the Gate on Earth is only Gate that can connect to Atlantis, per hardcode on Atlantis side.

And while they might get that bucket of spacejunk X303, it will take too long to get to Atlantis. And it can only hold eight X302 ships.
              302's can be taken apart taken through the gate and put back together. The X303 is Prometheus, it is a BC-303 that is coming to Atlantis and will only take four days, if you think 4 days is a long time to travel between two galaxies then you are mistaken, the Goa'uld take much longer than that, we are using an Asgard hyperdrive and there is none faster that we know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                i think 302's would be good on Atlantis becasue it would give the pilots without the ATA gene the ability to take to the air and take out some Wraith.

This, in my opinion, is the best reason i have heard so far to justify using 302s in Atlantis. Otherwise, i just think that they are too primitive to be of much use against the wraith craft.

Now, if they could find a way to arm the 302s with those nice glowing squid bombs of doom, we might have something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                  This, in my opinion, is the best reason i have heard so far to justify using 302s in Atlantis. Otherwise, i just think that they are too primitive to be of much use against the wraith craft.

Now, if they could find a way to arm the 302s with those nice glowing squid bombs of doom, we might have something.
                  If we use Ancient tech and make a more warlike puddlejumper that does not need the ATA gene to work (would be good if we can find something that would stop the Wraith using them) then it would be great!

Comment

302s wouldn't be that practical if they were stationed on the ground. The fuel requirements to break a planet's gravity would be really steep. I think they're more likely to find a few Ancient fighters and use them.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Why Three hundred and two? Why not an even three hundred? Or better yet, FIVE hundred!

FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                        BC-303 that is coming to Atlantis and will only take four days, if you think 4 days is a long time to travel between two galaxies ....

Ok then when is the planned departure time. I hope that they use this devise to allow some characters to phone home ... to their agents to get better deals. Ranting done.

I can only hope that the TPTB don't allow a shuttle service, which might make these two shows look more like ST:TNG and DS9.
                        The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I think it would be great if Atlantis could use the 303's ZPM to create a wormhole to earth, but once you go back to earth, you cant come back to Atlantis, so its a one way trip always. Soo cool!
                          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

I still say that Atlantis Base has to find some way of contacting the SGC on a semi-regular basis, if only for resupply (do Maj. Sheppard and Lt. Ford make their own 5.7mm ammo for their P90's?) and getting new personnel.

Maybe Dr. Beckett could get an assistant?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I believe they need to make it possible for them to contact earth, but only possible in a difficult way like to do so they risk something that is important to them...

But 302's in atlantis hmm i think that would take the focus of the PJ's but i dont really mind either way..why have a 302 when you can have an invisible super PJ

Comment

Originally posted by Baun
                                I believe they need to make it possible for them to contact earth, but only possible in a difficult way like to do so they risk something that is important to them...

But 302's in atlantis hmm i think that would take the focus of the PJ's but i dont really mind either way..why have a 302 when you can have an invisible super PJ
                                A stealth-PJ? I like that idea...

Then you stealthily could match course and speed with a Wraith Dart and plant something that goes BOOM on their hull. Oh yeah...
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X