Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
    (I'm part of the Google Brain team, building AI tools)
    That would be exciting! Their art AI tools are fun.

May I ask if this August 2016 tweet was about the Icarus comic, or some other comic? "@JCVaughn1 and I are rocking #7-12 of #stargate #atlantis as well as consulting on a special mini-series from our pal @lmoroney! Stay tuned!" https://twitter.com/MarkHaynes/statu...32068946980864

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
      That would be exciting! Their art AI tools are fun.

May I ask if this August 2016 tweet was about the Icarus comic, or some other comic? "@JCVaughn1 and I are rocking #7-12 of #stargate #atlantis as well as consulting on a special mini-series from our pal @lmoroney! Stay tuned!" https://twitter.com/MarkHaynes/statu...32068946980864
      It was either 'Icarus' or another story called 'To Align the Stars' that I was working on with Greg LaRocque. I don't remember

TAtS was a crossover story that was very, very different, and would have been a blast, but it wasn't to be -- for the same reason
      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

It was either 'Icarus' or another story called 'To Align the Stars' that I was working on with Greg LaRocque. I don't remember

TAtS was a crossover story that was very, very different, and would have been a blast, but it wasn't to be -- for the same reason
        (And by crossover I mean it was a storyline with characters from SG1, SGA and SGU (Telford) fighting to save the world from an ancient, existential, threat. It had some beautiful art sketches from Greg, including a wonderful new character called 'The Dreaming Child'. I'd love to have seen it in print, but alas...)

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Ah, I was afraid of that! Some of us in here had been wondering about that episode too. TAtS is a cool title.

Comment

Oh really? Where did you hear about it? I thought it was a secret...

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Oh really? Where did you hear about it? I thought it was a secret...
              The previous tweet and this one:
              https://twitter.com/AmericanMytho/st...24332311261184
              Fans are avid readers.

Comment

Haha, wow. Yeah, well TaTS, at least the one I worked on, isn't happening. Hopefully Greg/AM will pick it up with a different writer, it's a great story.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Haha, wow. Yeah, well TaTS, at least the one I worked on, isn't happening. Hopefully Greg/AM will pick it up with a different writer, it's a great story.
                  For sure. It sounds as though a lot could be done with that, such as to sell art prints of the sketches. A mini-series sounds good for a crossover, too, nothing too drawn out or complicated.

Comment

Thanks for posting here, Laurence! I'm glad for you to be able to tell your story publicly (and I'm bummed that we evidently won't get to see either of these stories).

Just to clarify on the revision to the GW news story: Nobody was intending to challenge you and certainly no one called you a liar. We took the logical step to conclude that if your work on Icarus was cancelled, and AM hadn't said anything about it in the year or two since it was announced, then Icarus itself must be cancelled. MGM corrected the record that there are still conversations about doing some version of that story at some point -- so it wasn't right that GW reported it as "cancelled."

Hopefully we'll be able to update readers with some solid info down the road. But I'm very sorry if you felt targeted in any way.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks Darren -- appreciate the answer. Forgive me if I'm on a hairline trigger over this, but it's not the first time it has happened, and when all that hard work was thrown away for such a trivial reason, and when it continues to get squashed (like in that article), I can't help but wonder what else is at play.

I'm in the Seattle area too, if you, or anyone else from your MGM contacts wants to chat to clear the air!

It feels like there are lots of parties talking 1:1, but nobody helping all see the big picture, and who better to chair that than you?

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                        Fans are avid readers.
                        Fans -- also short for fanatics.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So true! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Fans -- also short for fanatics.
                            Yes. And, proud of it!

@lmoroney, thanks for stopping by. I hope something can be worked out with the comics you worked on. As evidenced by the FANaticism, readers are still interested in Icarus and To Align the Stars.

Comment

Real shame about to align the stars. Sounds like that would have been a fun one

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                                Real shame about to align the stars. Sounds like that would have been a fun one
                                Yeah -- I'd love to have seen that in print. Darren -- if you're reading, and you have the druthers to make it happen, then make it so!

Icarus #1 was a real favorite of mine -- a rather elaborate trap set by the L.A. on a world formerly under System Lord Vu, and was very Chinese in nature. The goal was to get the SGC to send a large force there, and then cut them off and kill them all, sending a message to Earth that the L.A. weren't to be messed with. The carrot: Vu was obsessed with ancient artifacts and had a treasure trove of them -- in particular, he had a lot of information about something called:

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 7.21.47 AM.png

Of course the expeditionary force, led by Young, gets caught in the trap, and only the bravery of a young soldier named Greer gets them out of it. Some of the defending Chinese force opt not to escape, but to stay and form a resistance, led by a butt-kicking captain named Cheung (female) [We meet her in later issues]

In the epilog, at a debriefing, Greer is commended, and he asks Daniel Jackson if he knows any Chinese -- showing him a notebook that was left behind by the survey team which is covered in the above writing.

The final cell of the comic has Daniel reading the note and translating it...."Destiny," he says. "It means Destiny" (with a hint that Vu knew about the ancient ship, was sitting on a treasure trove of information about it, was obsessed about it, and now the LA have all that info...)

#3 was the flip side of this story, told from Telford's side, while embedded in the LA. It was a real fun one too.

[None of what I have shared here was in the RC notes, this is all my work]
                                Last edited by lmoroney; 28 March 2018, 06:23 AM. Reason: Chinese characters didn't print out, so attached an image instead

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Working...
                                X