Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's important to note this is a green company so they still need to find their feet.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Totally agree. I think what they are doing has lots of potential. I can't wait to hear what they have planned for universe

Comment

I liked the cameo from a certain Stargate: Universe character. Though actor likenesses aren't one of this artist's strengths, I thought he did an excellent job depicting her.

Now . . . if he could only differentiate the bald characters a bit more, that would greatly help the story-telling in this series. Every time a bald character is featured in a panel, I have to guess, "OK, is that supposed to be Picardo, Pileggi, or Jones?"

Comment

I still haven't received my Comixology code for Issue #2 and it's driving me mad =[ I've gotten in touch with American Mythology and they said they'd sort something out, but the waiting is killing me.

I'm hoping this issue is as interesting as #1. By the sounds of it it might just be =] The current artist is only on track for pencilling issues 1-3 is far as I know. Perhaps the artist for the second arc, Gateways, might get the likenesses better?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
            I still haven't received my Comixology code for Issue #2 and it's driving me mad =[ I've gotten in touch with American Mythology and they said they'd sort something out, but the waiting is killing me.

I'm hoping this issue is as interesting as #1. By the sounds of it it might just be =] The current artist is only on track for pencilling issues 1-3 is far as I know. Perhaps the artist for the second arc, Gateways, might get the likenesses better?
            The upcoming artist is part of a group interview in the back pages of issue #2.

Comment

Are you sure that's a universe character cameo? Shouldn't they already be on destiny at this point?

And yes, I'm having issues telling some of the characters apart. For instance, who's the guy with Ronan, teyla and zalenka in issue 1?

Comment

Likeness is one of the reasons I've never been keen on these kind of tie-ins. Back to Pegasus was a bit of a gamble for me.

What character from Destiny? I think I missed that.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, you guys reckon that's Wray? I thought it was the Chinese diplomat from the IOA whose name I can't remember.
                  Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 08 July 2016, 05:15 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's Wray. It's the girl from the episode where the ori bugs nearly kill sg1 and the ioa team. At least that's what I thought.

Comment

"Back to Pegasus" picks right where "Enemy at the Gate" left off, which chronologically takes place in Jan/Feb of 2009, the Destiny mission didn't 'happen' until the October of 2009 I believe. They're following the chronology of the air dates of those episodes. So, it's possible for Universe characters to be seen in the lead up.

I'm hopeful that the likenesses will get better over time. I've been following the Charmed comics for years now and they started a bit hit and miss with the main character likenesses, but after a while the artists really got a hang of depicting recognisable representations of the characters without the need for tracing or intense character study. It also helps if it's a single artist doing the issues as they get used to drawing the likenesses and the reader gets used to the artist's interpretations.

If people critique the likenesses enough it could be something that they take more consideration with in the future.

I'm still waiting for my code. I would harass them some more but I'm several hours ahead of AM in regards to time zone so I'd just be shouting into the void at this point. Sigh.

Comment

I was under the impression universe started fairly soon after enemy at the gates. I think the October date is what was used by the legacy novels

Comment

SGA ended on the 9nd of January, 2009 and SGU began the 2nd of October, 2009.

The writers confirmed that they're using those dates as the chronology for the show. Here's an excerpt of what they said in a Q&A my fansite had with them:

The Stargate series timeline was generally concurrent with real-world years. With SGA finishing in 2009 and SGU finishing in 2011, does that pose any challenges when writing both series with them being set years apart?

JCV: For me, frankly, if it wasn’t for Mark, I couldn’t keep that as straight as we do. He’s phenomenal at it. Once we talk it over, it’s actually easy to maintain in the stories. And that’s not to say that things won’t synch up in the future…

MLH: We’re actually hoping it we can use that to our advantage. For instance, with SGA wrapping up in January 2009 (and Atlantis being on Earth) and SGU starting in October of that same year, it is conceivable we’d have some overlap of characters on Earth at that time, right? The possibilities are fascinating when you think about it – and we definitely have!
                          Link

Comment

Gotcha, they are using the same logic as the legacy writers. I think the show runners said universe was just a few weeks or even days after Atlantis ended. Personally I like this better. Two major events back to back just seems odd to me.

Comment

Did they? Do you have a link to that?
                              sigpic

Comment

From...

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...he-syfy-slant/

Ruffles writes: “ 1. How much time has passed since Enemy at the Gate?

Answers: 1. Well, it aired January 9th, so almost three months. Oh, if you’re wondering about in relation to SGU – maybe days. And if you’re wondering in relation to the Atlantis movie – maybe a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X