This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    SyFy is not going to care about what fans so when it appeals to the much larger casual viewers
    But casual viewers don't spend money.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      But casual viewers don't spend money.
      If that was the case ratings would not mean anything
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

If that was the case ratings would not mean anything
        Different revenue stream.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And SGA won the d***** People's Choice Award one year, how many of their shows have done that?
          sigpic

Comment

Didn't Carter appear? She was an SGA star too after all.
            Also, I agree that at least Hewlett and Flanigan should've showed up.
            I for one haven't forgotten the hilarious Dog's Breakfast(I think that's what it was called) which is even better when considered to be an Atlantis spin-off lol.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

No SGA people in the special? That does kind of suck.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The problem I have with the People's Choice rationalization is that the SciFi category is fairly new.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The problem I have with the People's Choice rationalization is that the SciFi category is fairly new.
                  True, The year SGA won was the first year of the scifi catagory IIRC.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

All I am saying is that there were a significant enough portion of SciFi's audience who appreciated the show, in one fashion or another that it at least should have a place in a celebration of 20 years of programming. It and it's actors had at least as much impact on the network as do many of the others being acknowledged. Just one or two of the stars would have been a nice nod to SGA. As I said, I'm surprised David H isn't there. Or Jewel, she's quite a sci-fi icon.
                    sigpic

Comment

And I would say SG1 had a lot more impact than SGA despite its accomplishment. When SciFi bought SG1 from Showtime it dramaticlly improved SciFi. No one is arguing that SGA wasn't successful. Just that their is a finite amount of time and given the simlairties between the Stargat series I can see the rationallity in not having time for an SGA mention
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yet there's time for Defiance stars? Lots of them?

And while Stargate is a franchise, there were three distinct shows that were promoted and loved by their fans. Not everyone just thinks SG1 when they think Stargate, some people think SGA or SGU. Not acknowledging that is a snub, no matter how you frame it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you really surprised they are going to promote their current schedule?
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Are you really surprised they are going to promote their current schedule?
                            Not at all, but it shows they had some flexibilty and time to fit a fairly large number of people in. One or two short interviews with SGA (or SGU for that matter) actors wouldn't have ruined their promotion of Defiance.
                            sigpic

Comment

You can't prove such a thing until you have seen how much time is given to each show
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Have to say,I'm disappointed that none of the SGA stars are included,but in some ways I'm not surprised.

The SG Cast members are all busy getting on with their careers and family lives,and quite a few may not have been available to make an appearance.
                                (Anyone know when the Special was actually filmed,or is it a work in progress with the promo info released early?)

Some SG-1 actors listed as definite appeared in SGA and/or SGU ,plus BW and RCC might focus some attention on SGA /SGU.

This "retrospective" special seems to be more about saying "This is our stable of past shows,and they were cool,but we do our own original movies and other things and here's what's ahead (Defiance).Check us out!" than an in depth reflection of all the shows.

It's a big PR thing really to boost the Channel.
                                Could we expect anything else?
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X