Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
    Dammit at this pace, I'll be done with season 2 in a couple days. Must slow down!

I went on a spree last night.

The Lost Boys and The Hive: My new favorite episodes of the series. Ford running around like a loose cannon doped up on enzyme, and losing it.... That chick was cute though. I must admit, I did not think she was a plant until Shep revealed it....
    Loved how you put that part about Ford, made me smile remembering how he did run about. Loved the Shep and Worshiper part too with the talk of clowns.

Critical Mass was excellent.... I WANTED the mole to be Kavannagh.... I laughed when Ronan went in with Kav, and he fainted..... I HATED the Charin side story though, and the scene with Teyla singing made me cringe.....
    I soooo wanted it to be Kavannagh too. That character is played so well by the actor that you almost have to love him for doing such a brilliant job of making us hate him! I have to say that I wasn't fond of the Charin side story either, just seemed so slow paced compared to what else was happening, it was hard for me to switch gears back and forth. I can also admit that in subsequent viewings of that episode I tend to fast forward a little bit or jump up and run to grab something from the kitchen during the singing part. Not because it is bad singing... just want to get on with the story.

I love that you are sharing, can't wait till you've watched more!
    sigpic

Comment

"Critical Mass" is one of my favorite episodes. How can ya'll not like Teyla singing? Her dramatic and vibrant singing and the revelation of who was the Trust spy was the best part of the whole episode.

Comment

The Tower. I had a feeling this episode would have to do with Atlantis's central tower. I was close. lol The cast as a whole did a great job on this one. I did not like the (for lack of a better word) prince. I thought that actor was horrible. And the princess's acting ability was limited as well. Not sure if that was intentional, but they came off as if they were simply reading their lines. I suspected as soon as the protector got sick at dinner that he was being poisoned. And I suspected it was the genealogist who was doing it. The prince was too obvious. But, he got what he deserved. And I was glad to see Ronan take out the whole goon squad. Favorite line comes from Carson this time. "Goodbye, wee man!"

The Long Goodbye: I was suspect of them from the beginning. Why they allowed Sheppard to let himself be taken over is beyond me. Bad writing in my opinion. Hopefully they learned their lesson. If someone asks to borrow your body, you say NO! Listen to Caldwell and Mckay. The chase scene was a little ridiculous. These 2 people overwhelming everyone including Teyla and Ronan? And Ronan buying Sheppard's story? Right. This was a poorly written episode. It was ok to watch, but it went against everything we have learned about the characters. However, I liked the suspicion of Caldwell after his Goauld experience. Also, could these 2 races be the ones who created the nano virus?

Coup D'etat: This one was great. 3 way subterfuge that worked out in the end. Gotta love it. I am glad to see Cowen gone, and I think the new PM will turn out to be a good guy. This was a very well written episode, unlike the one before it. Everything was done just right so that the end result depended on a whole series of plans coming together. Wish things ran that smoothly in my life. Anyone watch wrestling? The guy who ran the coup reminded me of the wrestler CM Punk. (I watch it occasionaly during football's off season, and if there is absolutely nothing else on. Thank God for Terra Nova!)

DAMMIT only 3 episodes left!!! It will once again be a little while before I get season 3.
        sigpic
        Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Michael: A good episode. I did have a feeling that there was more going on with him than met the eye. I am all for what they did, and didn't have a problem with it ethically. I agree with Ronan. It was a mistake from the get go.
          sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Michael: A good episode. I did have a feeling that there was more going on with him than met the eye. I am all for what they did, and didn't have a problem with it ethically. I agree with Ronan. It was a mistake from the get go.
            Yeah...Don't worry

DON'T READ

Spoiler:
            Michael will be back
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Yeah...Don't worry

DON'T READ

Spoiler:
              Michael will be back
              I noticed, and I'm glad!

Inferno: A very intense episode, although I thought the escape McKay came up with was a little far fetched. One thing I have noticed is that they just don't give you the views you want. I wanted to see the eruption up close. Just like the space battle scenes. I hope McKay gets to see the girl again. Under him. LOL

Allies: At first, I was thinking total let down. I didn't want them to take the easy way out. Becoming allies was stupid. Just ask the humans in Condemned. I was actually glad when they betrayed them. I wonder what Michael thinks of all this. I hope in season 3, Ronan gets to find out. So, I am ok with what happened. Damn cliff hangers!

Hopefully, I will have season 3 alot sooner than I got season 2.
              sigpic

Comment

Testing..Is this thing on? Testing 1 2 3!

Season 3

No Man's Land...Gotta be the most intense episode of SGA yet. Definitely has the best space battle. LOVE the drones. Loved the interaction between Mckay and Ronan. Is it just me or is Woolsey less of a jerk in this one? I personally would have loved to have seen the reaction of the other 2 bureaucratic weenies when Weir told them to stuff it. When Shep was attached to the hive, I was reminded of the Millennium Falcon in Empire, but Shep detached, he opened fire rather than floating away. Too bad his ship got smashed, but what is up with Michael? I think he proved his alligence. I am also ok with THIS way for him to come to the humans, I had completely forgotten about the virus!

What a great episode! Watching Misbegotten now.
                sigpic

Comment

@Phin, perhaps people are away for the holidays and comments will pick up again soon? I am loving your reactions as you watch for the first time.

It's been a while since I've seen any of the episodes so you are jarring my memories loose. Perhaps I will do a rewatch soon myself. Or just wait till Gateworld starts in on SGA.
                  sigpic

Comment

Woolsey lightens up a lot in Atlantis vs. SG-1
                    sigpic

Comment

Yea!!! Excited to see that you got season 3.

I did love seeing Rodney and Ronon working together in this episode. Provided for a lot of good banter and I did think that the twist with Michael was a good one in this episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm on crappy hotel wifi at the moment as I'm on holiday, hitting Disneyland Paris later.

But yay for you having hit season 3!!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, I know traffic is slow during the holidays. I was just being funny. What's going to be funnier is people come back and see that I'm well into season 3 now. lol

Misbegotten: I admit, I was not a Michael fan. I had my suspicions that he would ultimately go back to being himself, but they did it wrong. They should not have given him the virus a second time. I have no problem with what happened to the rest of the wraith on the ship, but Michael should have gone out differently. Like maybe refusing the treatment, and attacking Ronan, and having him go out that way. I don't know what I had against Michael, but I am more annoyed with the way he was treated AFTER helping them. I guess it was good writing. This type of roller coaster of emotions for a character was perfected by BSG, but the writers of Atlantis did a VERY good job of making you ride the roller coaster.

RIP Orion. We barely knew ye.

Woolsey is turning out to be a decent character.

Season 3 is starting out VERY well.

EDIT: I am 3 minutes into Irresistible, and this one is not looking promising. Hope to be wrong!
                          Cure for the common cold that works in 6 days? LOL
                          Last edited by Phinguyver; 27 December 2011, 07:38 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, Irresistible was lets say...I don't know... Resistible?

Harry Mudd finds a potion that makes everyone like him. THis episode is likely in my overall bottom 5 Stargate episodes, down there with the naked aliens episode in SG1. The episode wasn't even funny, and my LOL comment above wasn't because of Lucious talking about the common cold cure in 6 days. It was because I have been telling people that for 20 years. I would tell people that I have a cure for the cold. Take an aspirin and a vitamin C tablet with a glass of water, and the cold will be gone in 3 to 6 days.

There were ways they could have made that episode funny. But having everyone acting like a 12 year old girl meeting Justin Beiber just wasn't funny to me.

I REALLY hope the rest of season 3 redeems itself after this crappy episode. You know what? I think this may actually be my least favorite episode. It is only the third episode that I did not like. The other 2 being One False Step and Grace, both in SG1.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. It was both funny and scary. What's not to like?

Comment

Edit: GW ate my post apparently...

What I said was:

Irresistable - try the whole date rape thing.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 28 December 2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: GW ate my post!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X