Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've felt that way since "Enemy at the Gate" aired in January, 2009. I watch SGU's opening three episodes, "Air, Parts 1-3." I wasn't impressed, so I never tuned in for another episode. You're not missing much unless you like ABC-grade EMO drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I just finished SGA last night...I don't have the time right now to move onto SGU. So for the time being, I will be Stargate-less...
      That is unfortunate. SGU is quite good. It feels like a return to basics from the early SG1 days
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I've recently watched the early episodes of SG-1. SGU has virtually nothing in common except a few guest stars, Icarus base being a redress of the SGC, and the fact that they use the stargate to visit other worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          I've recently watched the early episodes of SG-1. SGU has virtually nothing in common except a few guest stars, Icarus base being a redress of the SGC, and the fact that they use the stargate to visit other worlds.
          Watching just the pilot of SGU is hardly enough to make a fair comparison. Never mind its 100% purely my opinion
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't just watch the pilot. I watched three episodes. I enjoyed Stargate from the beginning right up to the Atlantis finale. If I'm not hooked by the opening episodes, I don't expect to be. When I try a show, I don't wait and wait for it to get go. If the opening episodes are boring, ta-da, I'm done. I'm not impatient, I just think a TV show is a poor production if I have to wait some five to ten episodes before I see a good one. This especially goes against SGU where there are only forty episodes.
            Last edited by Snowman37; 17 October 2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Yes, Sanctuary was my least favorite of the back half of season 1 (although Childhood's End is my least favorite of the whole season). And before you think it's simply a ship issue, it isn't. There are other episodes that have "other" ship that I enjoy. I won't get into what those were, as I don't want to spoil Phinguyver. My issue with that episode is that everyone seemed to be slightly out of character. It was written by a writer who never wrote Atlantis before, and never wrote it again. But to each his own.
              Ah... I guessed more or less correctly but for the wrong reasons...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, I do have all seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis with me right now...314 episodes...But, like I said, I don't have any free time to rewatch any.
                sigpic

Comment

The Brotherhood....Good episode, but Holy Stupidity Batman! Their religion requires they hide the ZPM in exchange for a reward? How about survival? Is that a good enough reward? I guess not. Idiots! I think I would have used some type of projection from a jumper to appear to them as an ancient telling them that they want SGA to have the ZPM. Also, I hope Sheppard gets his chance to ice that Genaii jerk.

Letters from Pegasus....There is one type of episode that I hate more than disease episodes. Flashback episodes. And just great...The wraith are coming. You'd think they could have dealt more with that than the letters.

The Gift was intense. Teyla has a wraith gene, and the Wraith are hybrids of ancients and those big bugs! I personally dont think Teyla can be switched on by the Wraith.

Looking forward to Seige 1 and 2!
                  sigpic
                  Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                    Letters from Pegasus....There is one type of episode that I hate more than disease episodes. Flashback episodes. And just great...The wraith are coming. You'd think they could have dealt more with that than the letters.

<snipped>
                    I never really thought of Letters from Pegasus as a flashback ep, but you are right - it totally is. My favorite thing about that episode though, that still makes me smile every time I see it, is the scene between Carson and Ford while trying to record Carson's "letter" to his mum. "...I wish I wasn't bloody here!" And the foot fungus... *laughs*
                    sigpic

Comment

They believe that they are going to be wiped out by the Wraith. The letters are important because it gives everyone a chance to say goodbye to their families (or in Zelenka's case, violate practically all security protocols). On a less personal basis, the data burst is to tell SGC that the Atlantis expedition managed to make it and survive (at least for now), and to tell them all about the Wraith threat, to themselves and in general.

I found it to be a very good episode...Despite the fact that some people are wearing their Atlantis patches (not very secretive) and classified things can be seen in the background of some of the videos, iirc.

It is an important episode...
                      sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think Letters From Pegasus is one of the best clip episodes Stargate has produced in SG1-SGA years. I liked it very much.

The Gift was intense. Teyla has a wraith gene, and the Wraith are hybrids of ancients and those big bugs! I personally dont think Teyla can be switched on by the Wraith.
                        LOVE The Gift - awesome Teyla episode (and of course there's Kate).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They believe that they are going to be wiped out by the Wraith. The letters are important because it gives everyone a chance to say goodbye to their families (or in Zelenka's case, violate practically all security protocols). On a less personal basis, the data burst is to tell SGC that the Atlantis expedition managed to make it and survive (at least for now), and to tell them all about the Wraith threat, to themselves and in general.

I found it to be a very good episode...Despite the fact that some people are wearing their Atlantis patches (not very secretive) and classified things can be seen in the background of some of the videos, iirc.

It is an important episode...
                          Forgot about Zelenka's "letter"... now I'm grinning some more May need to rewatch that one soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                            Forgot about Zelenka's "letter"... now I'm grinning some more May need to rewatch that one soon.
                            Lol...I just love it

Ford: You didn't say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
                            Zelenka: Security clearance?
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol...I just love it

Ford: You didn't say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
                              Zelenka: Security clearance?
                              That moment makes me laugh every time. That and Carson's line that goes something like "She knows we're from Earth, son. It's not a secret!"

To me, Letters is a clip show only in the vaguest sense. Elizabeth is my favorite character and she's so lovely in that one. *squishes her*

Comment

I get that Pegasus and the letters were important, but they could have simply had the letters, and not the flashbacks. I realize it was an important episode.

And Weir is quickly becoming a favorite along with Sheppard and McKay. Not to mention, I'm finding her sexier and sexier as the show progresses. lol

Siege 1 and 2...Wow. Those battle sequences were stunning. And, it was cool to catch the references to SG1 and the time travel episode. "ZPM was found in Egypt by archaeologists. Been under our noses the whole time."

Weir was great. Total badass with the Genii jerk, and Everett. I actually laughed when the next scene with her in it was her coming through the gate with the bombs.

I was hoping the Daedalus would have shown up in part 2, but oh well. It was one hell of a cliff hanger, thats for sure. Left me with a number of questions, such as does Daedalus show up and beam Sheppard out at the last second before the nuke explodes? Is Everett still alive? Is there going to be a feud with Shepard and Ford? Ford looked really pissed during the 'bait' discussion.

But, I will have to wait. @#$%^& Its going to be at least a week before I can order season 2...unless someone here wants to order it for me. (joking)
                                sigpic
                                Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Working...
                                X