Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked Tabula Rasa, it was fascinating seeing how they coped with losing their memories. Go Radek! And Ronon shooting Sheppard - Never gets old!

Disliked Missing - it was supposed to be Teyla's episode. Wouldn't watch it again.

Seer - I'm having a hard time remember this one, need to do a rewatch myself, I guess.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
      TAbula Rasa: I usually don't like disease episodes, but I did like this one. Even if all we were dealing with is Pegasus Chicken Pox. (I wonder what a pegasus chicken would look like. Hmmm) Even though there was a similar episode in SG1..cant remember which one...this one seemed original. Fresh story line, and I bet it was something simple like chicken pox that made all the difference. lol Shep telling the soldiers to do what Ronan said made me laugh. Makes me want to see an episode where Ronan and Shep get spit face drunk.

Missing: We get a Keller episode! But why couldnt they be going SWIMMIMG for the love of Pete! I liked how Keller evolved here. She started off as a prissy goody 2 shoe, and wound up being tough in order to survive. I knew the wounded guy was not a Genii for the reasons Keller mentioned. Teyla is a badass. I would like to see an episode were Ronan and Teyla don't remember each other, and go at it. Coudlnt have worked in the last one because they were both immune to chicken pox. But, at the end, we find out Teyla is pregnant. I know it wasnt revealed until Seer, but it was kind of obvious at the end of this one. Now, WHO IS THE BABY DADDY??? Ronan? I bet it is Carson. What a twist that would be!

Seer: I had no idea I was that close to seeing that wraith again in my earlier post. I liked this episode alot. Emotions running high and influencing decisions due to the seer. And with Woolsey there stirring the pot. I felt for the wraith a little bet, but as Shep said..All bets are off the next time they meet. So, the wraith destroy each other, and the secret is safe as far as we know. I wasnt clear on the reason the seer was brought there. I know they brought him to try to cure him, but he believed he was there for something else. He didnt really do anything other than tell Teyla she was pregnant and her people were alive. So, why was he there?

Thats all of SGA I am watching tonight. Off to SGU for at least 1 episode, maybe 2.
      Now that part in bold was a question for the ages. LOL You would not believe who they considered until they made a decision.

I am so enjoying your take on these episodes, especially when it is the exact opposite of the majority. Missing, for example, had the Teyla fans all riled up. It will be interesting to see how you think they did developing the Keller character as the show goes forward.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

^^^

We've had Teyla episodes. I like her, but we needed to get to know Keller. Plus, Teyla saved her life. What's not to like?

...My wife always tells me that my way of thinking is opposite of the norm. lol
        sigpic
        Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

^^^

We've had Teyla episodes. I like her, but we needed to get to know Keller. Plus, Teyla saved her life. What's not to like?

...My wife always tells me that my way of thinking is opposite of the norm. lol
          I also appreciate your fresh view on the episodes!
          (Keller was a somewhat controversial addition to the cast of characters. Some liked her, others most definitely didn't.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Constants of the universe.... Doppelganger making Falcon Horus cross, and Vegas making Southern Red happy.
            That's the order of things...

And I must honor Jelgate's 4th law.

Missing: We get a Keller episode!
            It was supposed to be a Teyla episode.

We, Teyla-fans, were seriously cheated on that one. It still pisses me off greatly. Especially with the slap in the face award nomination later on for Jewel instead of Rachel.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Now that part in bold was a question for the ages. LOL You would not believe who they considered until they made a decision.
            Might not be the obvious choice for some (depends who you are really) but I like the dude they picked. They're sweet for the little time we saw them.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I am so enjoying your take on these episodes, especially when it is the exact opposite of the majority. Missing, for example, had the Teyla fans all riled up.
            And for bloody good reason.

We've had Teyla episodes.

What Teyla episodes?

Seriously do I have to whip out my numbers?
            I'm sure by now Jelgate has written a law about that.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That's the order of things...

And I must honor Jelgate's 4th law.

It was supposed to be a Teyla episode.

We, Teyla-fans, were seriously cheated on that one. It still pisses me off greatly. Especially with the slap in the face award nomination later on for Jewel instead of Rachel.

Might not be the obvious choice for some (depends who you are really) but I like the dude they picked. They're sweet for the little time we saw them.

And for bloody good reason.

What Teyla episodes?

Seriously do I have to whip out my numbers?
              I'm sure by now Jelgate has written a law about that.
              That always seemed more like politics to me then anything. Like it or not Jewel is more well known in Hollywood. And its been shown to me that these award shows are more about who you know and not the quality of work you give. Sad but true
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                That always seemed more like politics to me then anything. Like it or not Jewel is more well known in Hollywood. And its been shown to me that these award shows are more about who you know and not the quality of work you give. Sad but true
                Plus people have to either nominate themselves or in this case someone else decides to nominate you. I remember we were having a discussion about it, and I just went ahead and mailed these folks about. Solved the issue at once.
                In this case TPTB nominated Jewel so it still remains a bitter tasting nomination... like a big fat finger to a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Plus people have to either nominate themselves or in this case someone else decides to nominate you. I remember we were having a discussion about it, and I just went ahead and mailed these folks about. Solved the issue at once.
                  In this case TPTB nominated Jewel so it still remains a bitter tasting nomination... like a big fat finger to a lot of people.
                  Thats a problem I notice a lot in fandom. They take things so emotionally and personally without stepping back to look at things rationally. I think thier is a law in their somewhere
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, I heart Jewelie.

Miller's Crossing: A good story, but a little slow. I'm getting a little weary of Rodney episodes. How many different layers does the guy have? I liked Shep's solution, although I was hoping the girl would have been ok, then to have Rodney beat the snot out of that guy.

This Mortal Coil: I'm tired of the replicators too. It was nice to see Weir again though. Like I said before, I was hoping to see her as a villain...and I realize I get that at the end of the next episode. I also was hoping to see Ronan vs Ronan. That would have been awesome.

Be All My Sins Remembered: Possibly my favorite season 4 episode. I loved Rodney's plan, and the fact that it worked...for the most part until we see Elizabeth 'Bizarro' Weir. I REALLY wish they had wrapped up the replicator angle though. It was done to death in SG1 and its overkill here. It was great to see Larin again. That was an amazing space battle scene too. I actually WANTED to see the replicator Godzilla. lol Of course I wonder who the heck Kannan is. I cant remember seeing him from any previous episode. I was thinking that they weren't done yet with them because of the replicators in space from the blown up ships. But now that Weir is back, I suspect they will not revisit those replicators. I also loved the line about working with the Russians post Cold War. It was really cool to see the wraith ships and humans together. I am glad that they did not meet up in the rendezvous though. Makes for more suspense.

So, I guess the replicators arent done yet. They need to be.
                    sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Well, I heart Jewelie.

Miller's Crossing: A good story, but a little slow. I'm getting a little weary of Rodney episodes. How many different layers does the guy have? I liked Shep's solution, although I was hoping the girl would have been ok, then to have Rodney beat the snot out of that guy.

This Mortal Coil: I'm tired of the replicators too. It was nice to see Weir again though. Like I said before, I was hoping to see her as a villain...and I realize I get that at the end of the next episode. I also was hoping to see Ronan vs Ronan. That would have been awesome.

Be All My Sins Remembered: Possibly my favorite season 4 episode. I loved Rodney's plan, and the fact that it worked...for the most part until we see Elizabeth 'Bizarro' Weir. I REALLY wish they had wrapped up the replicator angle though. It was done to death in SG1 and its overkill here. It was great to see Larin again. That was an amazing space battle scene too. I actually WANTED to see the replicator Godzilla. lol Of course I wonder who the heck Kannan is. I cant remember seeing him from any previous episode. I was thinking that they weren't done yet with them because of the replicators in space from the blown up ships. But now that Weir is back, I suspect they will not revisit those replicators. I also loved the line about working with the Russians post Cold War. It was really cool to see the wraith ships and humans together. I am glad that they did not meet up in the rendezvous though. Makes for more suspense.

So, I guess the replicators arent done yet. They need to be.
                      Jewelie?? ah well....
                      And if you're tired of McKay now, perhaps you should take a break before tackling the rest of the series.

I loved Miller's Crossing because it showed the lengths to which Sheppard would go to protect his friends, in particular McKay.
                      Good Lord, I cried at Mortal Coil, I thought the ending was so sad, those repli!team members' deaths affected me a great deal. It also reminded me how Elizabeth added something to the team interaction.
                      BAMSR - very exciting episode. I liked FRAN. And the little friction between the military and the scientists. And the VFX.
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember the fandom outcry of Miller's Crossing. We were at each others throats about the ethical nature of Shep did at the end of the episode
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I remember the fandom outcry of Miller's Crossing. We were at each others throats about the ethical nature of Shep did at the end of the episode
                          Didn't the forum even try to set up a mock trial for him?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            Didn't the forum even try to set up a mock trial for him?
                            I made an awesome defense attorney. but yes. A few people were quite opinionated that Shep was guilty of murder. I don't see it that way but what are you going to do. That was abandoned as soon as we lost attention and moved to the next episode
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

He did talk a man into being Wraith food... not entirely sure how the ethics work on that. If it hadn't been for my counting I'd probably would never have watched that episode again (along with a few others).

@Phinguyver - Kanaan was never mentioned before season 4, and if Rachel hadn't been pregnant during that season he would never have existed either.

Comment

^^^^

Ok, that explains it.

I have no problem with Shep talking the guy into becoming wraith food. That guy was guilty of attempted murder, which would have been murder had he not sacrificed himself. Not to mention assault and kidnapping.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X