Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too found out spoilers before I saw the episodes...I regret it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
      ^^

Not sure who my favorite is. It changes regularly. I am really bummed that Carson goes away because his character made some huge strides forward in this season. I couldnt stand him in season 1, but now he is every bit as good as anyone else.

Common Ground: This was really good. The Genii commander with sour grapes because someone else beat him to the punch of overthrowing Cowen. In fact, I think it WAS Loran? who ratted him out to Cowen in the first place. When Shep and the Wraith started talking, I had a feeling that he would wind up giving life back to Shep. I am not sure if I want the 2 of them to meet up again because I dont want to see them fight. But, I am sure that a reunion between the 2 happens at some point...or was planned to. And the Genii commander? COWARD! I want Shep to get his hands on him BAD. Weir's strength continues to grow in this episode as well.

Mckay and Mrs Miller: I adored this episode. The interaction between Rodney and his sister was great. I wonder what would have happened if she still had refused to sign the non disclosure paper? The parallel Rodney did seem a little bland, but still likable. My biggest concern is what the heck will happen the next time a Wraith ship flys by the planet now that the ZPM is gone. Seems like they are trying to set it up so that when things go bad on Atlantis, they REALLY go REALLY bad. They have the Wraith, Genii, and the Asurans to contend with, all without being able to defend the city.
      Ah, Common Ground. That's another favorite of mine. I thought the whole thing was very interesting!

And Jeannie IS awesome!! Love her to pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Ah, Common Ground. That's another favorite of mine. I thought the whole thing was very interesting!

And Jeannie IS awesome!! Love her to pieces!
        Common Ground is one of my favorites too!!!

You are right you have to love Jeannie. Anybody realted to Rodney needs all the love they can get, lol. All kidding aside she is a great character. I wished they used her more.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

The Return: The Ancients vs the Asurans. The Ancients show up and give an eviction notice. The Asurans show up and make very short work of the Ancients, and the space bridge is completed. Oneill had several classic lines in this one, and the double cross of Woolsey was great. I suspected that they were setting Woolsey up just to be safe, but dismissed the notion when we saw what could have happened. However, the scenario they did was obviously better. Why does Landry seem like such a baffoon in SGA?

Phantoms: You know, I didn't really care for this one. It didnt suck, but it was kind of boring. I couldnt stand Shep's hallucinations. The whole episode seemed to drag. But Rodney saying YOU SHOT ME at the end was hilarious.

Echoes: I liked this one alot. The whales show up to warn SGA of a solar flare and imminent destruction. I thought their solution was a little far fetched, but it worked, and they didnt turn into bacon. I kept wondering what the whales had to do with the ghosts, but they linked together. That episode made me wonder just how intelligent dolphins are.

Irresponsible: At first, I almost turned it off when I saw Lucious. Glad I didn't. Koya saved the day and made the episode really good. When he was sitting with the Genii in the cantina, I thought he had scored a little bit of his drug, but they were just humoring him. I had so many scenarios of how Shep would take Koya out, but I never thought it would be a good old fashioned western gun duel. THat was great! I also laughed when Shep forgot to tell Lucious about the shield dying.

Yeah, I went on a spree yesterday after the Phins knocked the stinking New York Jets out of the playoffs!
          sigpic
          Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Geez..Are we ever going to get back to the wraith?

The Tao of Rodney: With all the Rodney episodes, I think I will know him better than myself at the end of the series. lol I liked it, and I thought for sure we were going to get a Daniel Jackson appearance. It was really cool seeing him try to make everything right, especially what he did for Ronan. Of course we knew he would make it, but we didn't know until the last minutes that he wasn't going to ascend at all. I wasnt sure if he was going to ascend and come back as Weir suggested.

The Game: Weir guest stars as a single mother of 2 teenagers. lol It was hilarious seeing Rodney and Shep going back and forth. What a scenario. A game that uses real people as its players. I enjoyed this one alot. The doomsday scenario at the end was great.
            sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

The Return: The Ancients vs the Asurans. The Ancients show up and give an eviction notice. The Asurans show up and make very short work of the Ancients, and the space bridge is completed. Oneill had several classic lines in this one, and the double cross of Woolsey was great. I suspected that they were setting Woolsey up just to be safe, but dismissed the notion when we saw what could have happened. However, the scenario they did was obviously better. Why does Landry seem like such a baffoon in SGA?

Phantoms: You know, I didn't really care for this one. It didnt suck, but it was kind of boring. I couldnt stand Shep's hallucinations. The whole episode seemed to drag. But Rodney saying YOU SHOT ME at the end was hilarious.
              Yeah, I agree about Phantoms. While it was awesome to FINALLY see some of Shep's back story, I found it dragged a bit. ( Sorry, John! Looks around .... the Shep whumpers and thunkers might kick me out of the club for saying that )

Echoes: I liked this one alot. The whales show up to warn SGA of a solar flare and imminent destruction. I thought their solution was a little far fetched, but it worked, and they didnt turn into bacon. I kept wondering what the whales had to do with the ghosts, but they linked together. That episode made me wonder just how intelligent dolphins are.
              Despite the really bad science going on, Echoes was awesome! Some great character moments with Rodney watching the whale and Shep wanting to eat it, and Ronon falling asleep on Teyla then Teyla taking her revenge.

Irresponsible: At first, I almost turned it off when I saw Lucious. Glad I didn't. Koya saved the day and made the episode really good. When he was sitting with the Genii in the cantina, I thought he had scored a little bit of his drug, but they were just humoring him. I had so many scenarios of how Shep would take Koya out, but I never thought it would be a good old fashioned western gun duel. THat was great! I also laughed when Shep forgot to tell Lucious about the shield dying.

Yeah, I went on a spree yesterday after the Phins knocked the stinking New York Jets out of the playoffs!
              You actually LIKED Irresponsible? Oooookay. I hated it times infinity. Lucius gets ANOTHER episode and then they kill off Kolya, the greatest human villain, in a B plot to Lucius. Sorry, that was unforgivable. And I thought the gun duel was cheesy and not in a good way.

Geez..Are we ever going to get back to the wraith?

The Tao of Rodney: With all the Rodney episodes, I think I will know him better than myself at the end of the series. lol I liked it, and I thought for sure we were going to get a Daniel Jackson appearance. It was really cool seeing him try to make everything right, especially what he did for Ronan. Of course we knew he would make it, but we didn't know until the last minutes that he wasn't going to ascend at all. I wasnt sure if he was going to ascend and come back as Weir suggested.
              *snort* Yeah, Rodney got more than his fair share of episodes. That said, Tao is my favorite episode of the series as it has a very Atlantis family vibe to me. It has humor and emotion and people being their awesome selves.

The Game: Weir guest stars as a single mother of 2 teenagers. lol It was hilarious seeing Rodney and Shep going back and forth. What a scenario. A game that uses real people as its players. I enjoyed this one alot. The doomsday scenario at the end was great.
              Well, what you saw as hilarious I saw as going on way too long and way too far. Different strokes.

Comment

That may be the best description of The Game I have ever read.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

OOPS^^^ My mother in law stole my post. lol

What I said was: JT2, I liked Irresponsible MUCH better than Irresistible. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

GW stole your post because it knows Irresponsible is a bad episode.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        GW stole your post because it knows Irresponsible is a bad episode.
                        LOL...Maybe so. It wasnt my favorite, but it didnt suck.

Sunday: Why in the hell did they have to kill off Carson? I disliked him at first, but he quickly became one of my favorites. I know there is a thread about this, and I may post in it. But it pissed me off that they spent the episode with everyone shunning him about going fishing. I understand that is how he wound up there in the first place, but still. I think he deserved better. And, I understand he died saving a man who otherwise would have been killed. That makes him a hero. But, why have him getting dissed the whole time about the fishing trip?
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL...Maybe so. It wasnt my favorite, but it didnt suck.

Sunday: Why in the hell did they have to kill off Carson? I disliked him at first, but he quickly became one of my favorites. I know there is a thread about this, and I may post in it. But it pissed me off that they spent the episode with everyone shunning him about going fishing. I understand that is how he wound up there in the first place, but still. I think he deserved better. And, I understand he died saving a man who otherwise would have been killed. That makes him a hero. But, why have him getting dissed the whole time about the fishing trip?
                          SGA has aired long enough ago, that I'd suggest if you wish to remain "spoiler free" that you will want to stay away from episode threads/character threads and actually, probably most threads on GW that are about SGA really.

The show has been over long enough that many of the threads will discuss not only the episodes and characters dedicated to it/them, but also any and all other episodes.

The Game - I just loved Lorne's call in through the MALP and the flag in this one... so funny.

Sunday - I actually liked most of this episode... it gave us a lot of back story on several of the characters, just hints, but good and interesting ones. It had a sad ending, but I liked that Carson died a hero and not an off-world casualty.

Irresponsible - Ronon had some awesome lines in this one while they were hiding. Still makes me smile.
                          sigpic

Comment

I admire a man who's not afraid to stand alone. Irresponsible has been roundly hated since it aired. Even the actors and writers admitted it could have been better. I think the setting was the problem to a large extent. They wanted to film in a western style town but got stuck with that weird little village.

Echoes is my favorite of the series in the first 4 seasons. Everybody gets a part and it's got a lot of heart.

I hated Sunday with the heat of a thousand suns. For what they did to Carson and for the dumbing down of just about everybody else. The only part I really liked was John and Ronon's "game." Oh, and the golf.

You're getting to the episodes now that set up S4. Buckle your seatbelt.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Submersion: Yet another cannibal wraith. It would suck/pun intended to be a wraith. Crash, and the boss gets to eat you. However, alot of bugs are cannibalistic, so I guess it makes sense. I knew right away that the queen had taken Teyla. I think they could have done a better job at concealing it. However, the trick to get her to disable the self destruct was brilliant, so it made up for it.

Vengeance: Finally, Michael gets some payback. I think he deserved it honestly. Connor Trineer was brilliant in this one. I didn't know he had an evil bone in his body, but wow! Looking forward to seeing him being a thorn in their side for a long time. He was even more sadistic than the Genii captain. Moya? He must have been a top wraith scientist before his run in with SGA to be able to come up with his Frankenstein monsters.

Looking forward to the rest! I already have season 4 and 5 so we're good through the end!
                              sigpic

Comment

Submersion: Yet another cannibal wraith. It would suck/pun intended to be a wraith. Crash, and the boss gets to eat you. However, alot of bugs are cannibalistic, so I guess it makes sense. I knew right away that the queen had taken Teyla. I think they could have done a better job at concealing it. However, the trick to get her to disable the self destruct was brilliant, so it made up for it.

Vengeance: Finally, Michael gets some payback. I think he deserved it honestly. Connor Trineer was brilliant in this one. I didn't know he had an evil bone in his body, but wow! Looking forward to seeing him being a thorn in their side for a long time. He was even more sadistic than the Genii captain. Moya? He must have been a top wraith scientist before his run in with SGA to be able to come up with his Frankenstein monsters.

Looking forward to the rest! I already have season 4 and 5 so we're good through the end!
                                Sweet...Hope you enjoy it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X