This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Thanks for the rec. From reviews, the book is part 1 of a trilogy. Does it end on a cliffhanger or is the story self-contained like a complete episode?
    It ends pretty comfortably. I mean, not to be spoilery, but they're in a safe place for the moment though it's clear the adventure isn't over and they haven't achieved their final goal yet. All three books are really good!
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Just checked on amazon, and all three are on Kindle! Woot!

*pops off to do a bit more Kindle-ing*

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
        Just checked on amazon, and all three are on Kindle! Woot!

*pops off to do a bit more Kindle-ing*

Cate
        Seriously, try Lost Things. http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Things-Th...mm_kin_title_0
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Ooooh, another rec? Thanks, Artie!

Hey, I've got room for at least 1500 books here, so I'm going to make the most of it!

Twelve SGA novels so far, including the whole Legacy series, and now these two recs from you too - all in one beautifully portable little package. Yes, I love my Kindle!!

Cate
          sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, another rec? Thanks, Artie!

Hey, I've got room for at least 1500 books here, so I'm going to make the most of it!

Twelve SGA novels so far, including the whole Legacy series, and now these two recs from you too - all in one beautifully portable little package. Yes, I love my Kindle!!

Cate
            I love my Kindle too! And it has all my music on it! And I could get some out of print Stargate novels that I really wanted, A Matter of Honor and The Cost of Honor, which were way too expensive as used books.
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

You know, given my love of reading, I'm just amazed it took me so long to be converted!

Yes, I've seen some of these out of print novels selling elsewhere for crazy sums of money! Aside from the Legacy series, my latest SGA addition, Nightfall, also features a classic Lorne one liner, that was worth getting the book on its own! I've paraphrased it below, for spoilers:
              Spoiler:
              Lorne gets caught in a small explosion that leaves his face and cheeks cut by flying debris. John, kind and courteous CO that he is, suggests that poor Evan uses an electric razor next time. To which our poor long suffering Major replies "With all due respect, sir. Bite me"

See what I mean?!? Classic!!

Cate
              sigpic

Comment

You know, given my love of reading, I'm just amazed it took me so long to be converted!

Yes, I've seen some of these out of print novels selling elsewhere for crazy sums of money! Aside from the Legacy series, my latest SGA addition, Nightfall, also features a classic Lorne one liner, that was worth getting the book on its own! I've paraphrased it below, for spoilers:
                Spoiler:
                Lorne gets caught in a small explosion that leaves his face and cheeks cut by flying debris. John, kind and courteous CO that he is, suggests that poor Evan uses an electric razor next time. To which our poor long suffering Major replies "With all due respect, sir. Bite me"

Cate
                Oh yeah! That's good. I really enjoyed A Matter of Honor and The Price of Honor, but they were something like $35 apiece as used books! And the Kindle versions were cheap. I also liked Heart's Desire and Sunrise. Roswell was fun, but there were some continuity errors that kind of bothered me, though the characters were on.

But Five Twelfths of Heaven -- Melissa Scott writes the best space travel! The ships are as unique and different as I've ever seen.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well, I'll be sure to look at those too, Artie - thanks again for the recs, and see you tomorrow, hopefully. I'm off to bed now (might even snuggle under the duvet with my torch and an old fashioned book, just for a bit of nostalgia!!)

Cate
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Cate
                    For Atlantis used books, you could check out used SGA Novels.

They sell from $1 per book up to $5 depending on how new they are. They ship to the U.S. and U.K. in some cases and it shows the shipping amount for each. I bought about half a dozen of these and have been happy with what I got.

Comment

Yes, I love my Kindle!!
                      A lot of libraries have ebooks available for check-out too.

I also use my Kindle to read long fanfics. I copy and paste them into Word, then "print" them as .pdf files (with free PrimoPDF software) which can be read on Kindle.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      They sell from $1 per book up to $5 depending on how new they are.
                      That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        For Atlantis used books, you could check out used SGA Novels.

They sell from $1 per book up to $5 depending on how new they are. They ship to the U.S. and U.K. in some cases and it shows the shipping amount for each. I bought about half a dozen of these and have been happy with what I got.

Thanks for the heads up, hedwig, I'll check that site out!

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                        A lot of libraries have ebooks available for check-out too.

I also use my Kindle to read long fanfics. I copy and paste them into Word, then "print" them as .pdf files (with free PrimoPDF software) which can be read on Kindle.
                        Yes, I didn't know anything about this, but thanks to bailey1ak I do now, so I'll definitely get some of my favourite fanfics loaded up too!

Cate
                        sigpic

Comment

There's a website that can automatically convert fics to an ebook format - https://www.flagfic.com/
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by suekay View Post
                            there's a website that can automatically convert fics to an ebook format - https://www.flagfic.com/
                            Thank you!!!

Comment

Legacy tag fic of mine, John/Teyla, for anyone interested. Rated G. http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/373562.html
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                                Legacy tag fic of mine, John/Teyla, for anyone interested. Rated G. http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/373562.html
                                Short and sweet and cute.

Here is a relatively short AU Legacy fic where Teyla is paired with Lastlight and Lastlight is one of Guide's sons:
                                http://wraithsinger.deviantart.com/journal/
                                (It was put into journals instead of galleries, but still linkable)

Comment

Working...
                                X