This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
    (I wrote this (a long time ago!) before the archeologist showed up in the legacy series--seems we were thinking along the same lines--that Atlantis needed a linguist/archeologist)
    A lot of things in Legacy just had to be done. The timing was ripe for the items and other fans thought the same way. I've also seen stories written by fans, independently and concurrently of Legacy, showing
    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth ascended, a Lantean team member turned into a Wraith for a while, and the team meeting Todd's relatives.

Congrats on your good reviews. A lot of Legacy fans are McKay fans and will likely be interested in your story.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
      A lot of things in Legacy just had to be done. The timing was ripe for the items and other fans thought the same way. I've also seen stories written by fans, independently and concurrently of Legacy, showing
      Spoiler:
      Elizabeth ascended, a Lantean team member turned into a Wraith for a while, and the team meeting Todd's relatives.

Congrats on your good reviews. A lot of Legacy fans are McKay fans and will likely be interested in your story.
      I think there are certain logical ways the story could go, so it's not surprising that a lot of different writers go in those same directions!
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        I think there are certain logical ways the story could go, so it's not surprising that a lot of different writers go in those same directions!
        Getting Atlantis back to Pegasus is another logical thing. It just has to happen, for the city itself and for characters like John.

Comment

Getting Atlantis back to Pegasus is another logical thing. It just has to happen, for the city itself and for characters like John.
          If Atlantis sits on Earth there's no story! You'd never get six books out of Atlantis stays on Earth and everyone putters around!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            If Atlantis sits on Earth there's no story! You'd never get six books out of Atlantis stays on Earth and everyone putters around!
            Some shows have done such things, confining the crew to particular places for the duration of a season or the entire series, but those settings usually do not interest me. What I like about Stargate is travelling, seeing new worlds and new beings.

Comment

Some shows have done such things, confining the crew to particular places for the duration of a season or the entire series, but those settings usually do not interest me. What I like about Stargate is travelling, seeing new worlds and new beings.
              I think that's the essence of the show, what makes Stargate Stargate. It's about people using the gate to go to strange worlds and deal with what they find there. That's the premise. And the premise of Stargate Atlantis is that this is about an expedition to the Pegasus galaxy. If you take that away, it's not the same show. So I think getting Atlantis back to Pegasus is critical!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Thank you, WraithTech! It's nerve wracking to put yourself out there. But, so far, the feedback has been good. I've never done anything like this before and thus far I'm really glad I didn't just keep it to myself like I was tempted to do. And it's making me feel braver about the novel I'm working on now. I've started many novels in my life and the fan fiction was the first one I finished. Now I'm 45K words into my second novel and I think I've grown a lot--I'll definitely finish this as well and try really, really hard to get it published. Writing is a lot harder than I ever guessed, but it is very rewarding too.
                Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Problem there. I don't have a kindle so back to my original question where can you get these books in the UK I really want to read them!!!!!

Comment

Have you tried Waterstones?

I ordered my copies directly from Fandemonium - they only took a week to get to me from the Sates ... other than that they do eventually turn up on Amazon UK. Happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyb58 View Post
                      Problem there. I don't have a kindle so back to my original question where can you get these books in the UK I really want to read them!!!!!
                      Try ordering directly from stargatenovels.com. I think that's usually the best route.
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I thought Fandemonium was based in the UK. I would think it should be straightforward, if that is the case. Hope you have an easy time getting a hold of them. It's a lovely series.
                        Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Yes, so did I ... but the last few books I've received have had American stamps & customs stickers on them!

Comment

Have to say I've been less than impressed with quite a bit of the Legacy series, I loved how the secondary characters like Lorne and Zelenka have been written but the main storyline and characters just feels way to much like fan fiction. Superior and well written fan fiction certainly but still fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyb58 View Post
                              I bought mine from amazon before switching to kindle for the last couple

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                                Have to say I've been less than impressed with quite a bit of the Legacy series, I loved how the secondary characters like Lorne and Zelenka have been written but the main storyline and characters just feels way to much like fan fiction. Superior and well written fan fiction certainly but still fan fiction.
                                What is it you like better about how the secondary characters are written?

Comment

Working...
                                X