X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
    Well, today's the day!!
    I'll be way behind, waiting for the books to ship. Back when I first started reading the series, the gap between printed and ebook versions was not so pronounced and I like having the printed books on my shelf because there is such precious little Stargate merchandise. But, I will still be reading all the spoilers everywhere. I'm looking forward to what is bound to be tension between hungry Rodney and distrustful Ronon, stuck in that lifepod and low on oxygen.

Comment

I'd love to have the printed books, but it is simply too expensive to get the copies - for me. BOD is fine, but I don't support shipping cost of more then 10 US$ per book - amazone here in Europe anounced they'll order some copies, but they still haven't. They want to sell Kindles. So they minimate the printed books of "small" fandoms and genres - if you want to read other stuff than mainstream, buy a Kindle.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
        I'd love to have the printed books, but it is simply too expensive to get the copies - for me. BOD is fine, but I don't support shipping cost of more then 10 US$ per book - amazone here in Europe anounced they'll order some copies, but they still haven't. They want to sell Kindles. So they minimate the printed books of "small" fandoms and genres - if you want to read other stuff than mainstream, buy a Kindle.
        That's an unfair set-up. After book 6, I might switch to ebooks too; the non-monetary cost of not being able to interact with other fans in a timely manner is frustrating. Between printing and shipping, it will be a 3 week delay.

Comment

I don't own a kindle, and while I'd prefer to have hard copies of each book, I'm getting the ebooks and buying print editions at later dates
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll be reading the book as soon as it's available, so I'll put up spoilers (in tags) while I do
            Last edited by sueKay; 15 August 2012, 06:35 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I am excited! But it isn't out yet.

Edit: on second thought, I just went to the author's blog and she did put up around the 15th so I am guessing if not today in the next few.

I am still being impatient though.
              Last edited by Annalalaith; 15 August 2012, 06:34 AM.
              sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

I'm hoping it's today...perhaps afternoon in the US

I was able to pick up Dead End in a bookshop a few days ago...it'd be wonderful to see all the legacy novels in the shops where they should be
                sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping it's today...perhaps afternoon in the US

I was able to pick up Dead End in a bookshop a few days ago...it'd be wonderful to see all the legacy novels in the shops where they should be
                  I went looking for the Stargate novels at a used bookstore in Las Crusis and the clerk said that they get them once in a while but they move out fast. It would be nice to see new copies in my local bookstore sometimes. So here is the question, when the ebook comes out do I buy cat food or just let them eat dog food till Friday?
                  sigpic

Comment

...I'll put up spoilers (in tags) while I do
                    I'll be reading them.

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                    ...when the ebook comes out do I buy cat food or just let them eat dog food till Friday?
                    Top off the food bowls now.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post

Top off the food bowls now.
                      My one cat seems to like dog food. I just don't have the monies to buy both the book and cat food til Friday. We do have a lot of dog food though.
                      sigpic

Comment

OMG--sueKay! That is SO FRACKING AWESOME!!!!! I love it! Thanks for they eye candy!

Keeping an eye on amazon today!
                        Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

I have to say--I'm really annoyed that there isn't even a page for the book yet on Amazon. Why not have a page for it so that I can pre-order? Then it will download automatically when it's available! It would sure save a lot of time with this fruitless searching.

The books in this series are set up in such a haphazard fashion too. I would like them each to be clearly labelled thusly: Stargate Atlantis Legacy Series Book 1,2 etc etc. Guess I'm just a pedant, but I find it confusing and annoying and have from the very first book!
                          Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                            I have to say--I'm really annoyed that there isn't even a page for the book yet on Amazon. Why not have a page for it so that I can pre-order? Then it will download automatically when it's available! It would sure save a lot of time with this fruitless searching.

The books in this series are set up in such a haphazard fashion too. I would like them each to be clearly labelled thusly: Stargate Atlantis Legacy Series Book 1,2 etc etc. Guess I'm just a pedant, but I find it confusing and annoying and have from the very first book!
                            For ebooks, there is always Crossroad press:
                            http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...dex&cPath=7_47

At least all the books can be located in 1 place. But, I think Fandemonium is the one that numbered them, in order of publishing date.

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post

this bothers me too. Also, why do women's clothes have a lack of pockets? But that is beside the point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, WraithTech!

Annalalaith that bothers me too, lol!

And when did I become an Airman?! Fantastic to finally rise above probie!

Comment

Working...
                                X