This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    SGA was actually doing very well. I have evidence of that also. But I think you agree with me that SGA was doing well enough to go another season. I think 99% of the folks out there believe it.

As per the movies, MGM bankruptcy deal has gone through so now they can start greenlighting new projects. Now if the movies don't get greenlighted then they will likely be toast along with SGU and the rest of the franchise. But........I have seen the light, in this lighter future SGU has been renewed and 2 days later the SGA movie is greenlighted all part of a 2011 press release for Syfy.

You gotta spend money to make money. That is the old saying.
    It still has to be approved by the American court system before Spyglass can take over
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Robert Picardo said last week:

If every fan donates between 4 to 5 million dollars (or euros in our case), we might get lucky... and he wasn't asking for much.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
        I agree with your points - although I would say that the producers didn't get much of a say in when those announcements went out. I'm sure they'd much rather have done things differently and in hindsight everyone who made the decision probably wishes they had.
        Not Brad Wright!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

Shai writes: “In hindsight, do you regret how the Dreaded Announcement of Doom was handled?”

BW: No.
        SGA was actually doing very well. I have evidence of that also. But I think you agree with me that SGA was doing well enough to go another season. I think 99% of the folks out there believe it.
        I also think SGA got good enough ratings for at least a 6th season, probably also a 7th season. The ratings of SGA are a bad excuse for the cancellation. They obviously cancelled SGA for creative reasons, because they wanted to make SGU. Even Brad Wright said, that SGA had good enough ratings for a 6th season. He only thought, that the ratings weren't good enough for a 7th season.

Johnny E! writes: “1. Why choose continuing the Stargate Saga with a new project like Universe (which I look forward to) rather than going with an established product like SGA.”

BW: SGA did not have the numbers to go beyond season 6. That was a factor among many.
        I think it is hard to predict longer in the future. Brad Wright also thought that SG1 would be cancelled after season 8 at one time. SGA was on an upward trend, when it was cancelled. There is a good chance, that the ratings of a theoretical 7th season would have been still well.

Comment

Originally posted by Beka View Post
          Not Brad Wright!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

I also think SGA got good enough ratings for at least a 6th season, probably also a 7th season. The ratings of SGA are a bad excuse for the cancellation. They obviously cancelled SGA for creative reasons, because they wanted to make SGU. Even Brad Wright said, that SGA had good enough ratings for a 6th season. He only thought, that the ratings weren't good enough for a 7th season.

I think it is hard to predict longer in the future. Brad Wright also thought that SG1 would be cancelled after season 8 at one time. SGA was on an upward trend, when it was cancelled. There is a good chance, that the ratings of a theoretical 7th season would have been still well.
          BW said SGA was strong enough to go another season or two. The idea of SGU was for the frachise series to go at least 4 or 5 seasons, NOT be cancelled after Season 2. So I totally understand where their thinking was coming from. Still, they should of ran two series together even if it was costly and time consuming, it would of been a proper send off for SGA, and a better financial decision as well, imo.

SGA was doing well in DVD sales, first runs on syfy, 2nd runs, 3rd runs, and re-airs of previous seasons. All that revenue was helping the show last even longer. SGU does not have that, and that could be the factor that determines if SGU will be renewed or not. They will ask themselves is it worth it to renew a 3rd season and try to gain revenue on syndication. That is tough because SGU is not doing well in reruns like SG-1 and SGA did. It's funny As I type this, I am watching SG-1's Singualrity on Showtime, went to my local station to see that SGA's "Missing" is on later tonight. LOL, it's amazing how these shows are still airing years after their cancellation. With that said, don't know how they cannot at least atempt two more DVD movies. It is not a lot of money on the line and it could create a string of more and more successful movies................WHICH, was the plan according to BW.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Robert Picardo said last week:

If every fan donates between 4 to 5 million dollars (or euros in our case), we might get lucky... and he wasn't asking for much.
            No way the movie would cost that much. Let's saythere is 10,000 fans on this site. We all pitch in 5 million. That's 50 million. At most, the movie would cost MAYBE 20. Probably a lot less.
            sigpic
            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

As per the movies, MGM bankruptcy deal has gone through so now they can start greenlighting new projects. Now if the movies don't get greenlighted then they will likely be toast along with SGU and the rest of the franchise. But........I have seen the light, in this lighter future SGU has been renewed and 2 days later the SGA movie is greenlighted all part of a 2011 press release for Syfy.

You gotta spend money to make money. That is the old saying.
              Do you know something we dont?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                Maybe.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe.
                  He has no breeks
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe.
                    You could just say yes... you dont have to say what it is.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                      No way the movie would cost that much. Let's saythere is 10,000 fans on this site. We all pitch in 5 million. That's 50 million. At most, the movie would cost MAYBE 20. Probably a lot less.
                      I don't know about you, but I don't have 5 million in the bank. I wish I had, but I really don't.

Comment

You could just say yes... you dont have to say what it is.
                        No all I was saying was SGA does well in the reair market, not as good as SG-1 used to, but they are renewing the reairs on Syfy, and MGM has even added Season 4 to Syndication. So it is a good sign when they increase the amount of reruns for a cancelled show. Imagine a brand new movie to go with that on Syfy. I could see it pulling in 1.8 to 2.0 Million viewers easily.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know about you, but I don't have 5 million in the bank. I wish I had, but I really don't.
                          Oh, man, if only I hadn't spent the 4.9 million on the new estate yesterday - I wish you guys had told me . . .
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

LOL, well I do make good money, but A millionare? Well not in this lifetime. Seriously, if I won my state lottery of over 100 Million dollars. I would invest 40 Million into a new season of SGA. I would even bring Heightmeyer back, just for you FH!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              Oh, man, if only I hadn't spent the 4.9 million on the new estate yesterday - I wish you guys had told me . . .

Seriously, if I won my state lottery of over 100 Million dollars. I would invest 40 Million into a new season of SGA. I would even bring Heightmeyer back, just for you FH!
                              I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll win it - just to get Kate back.

Comment

Just came across the Gateworld article about SGA's cancellation and it says:

According to Wright, the three parties mutually decided to end Atlantis and make movies, and then launch Stargate Universe. This would allow the SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe “legs” of the franchise to continue to run together, hopefully far into the future.
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...tis-cancelled/

Clearly SGA was a roadblock for SGU which wasn't going to start until SGA was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X