Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You were the HEAD Writer on the Show : who would Shep have ended up with ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but you weren't an SGA fan before the books (not judging - just pointing out). The fact that you like the books and didn't like the show means that the books aren't really an accurate representation of the show. And for those of us who were fans of the show, we might not necessarily appreciate the "improvements".

For example, even ignoring the Sheyla stuff and the Wraith weirdness, I've heard that Rodney is very OOC in these books. As a Rodney fan who liked him as he was on the show, why would I be interested in a OOC version of him?
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Yes, but you weren't an SGA fan before the books (not judging - just pointing out). The fact that you like the books and didn't like the show means that the books aren't really an accurate representation of the show. And for those of us who were fans of the show, we might not necessarily appreciate the "improvements".

For example, even ignoring the Sheyla stuff and the Wraith weirdness, I've heard that Rodney is very OOC in these books. As a Rodney fan who liked him as he was on the show, why would I be interested in a OOC version of him?
      i watched enough of the series to 'get' the characters and what the series was all about, but i started/stopped when sam was in the series. mckay is my fave (outside of sam), and i didn't find him out of character at all in the novels. (outside of what happened to him in the legacy series)

i'm a fan, but casual. i know that makes a difference.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy to keep discussing this but I think I've pulled us way off-topic and I don't want to push my luck further. (Unfortunately there isn't a thread for discussing the Legacy books - pros and cons, reading or not reading - other than the thread in Merchandise, and I've gotten the feeling that's a Legacy fans only thread). As I've said, I haven't read the books, so the Rodney OOC thing comes from reviews I read on Amazon, LJ, etc. But if you like them, I'm not trying to tell you you shouldn't. Just saying, they don't seem to be something I'd enjoy. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I'm against most science fiction ships. They are usually terrible. Deep Space Nine the exception of course. *waves to Linda*
          Yep Jel One of the very few scifi shows that could actually WRITE romance. Almost every other scifi show I've watched has been horrendous when they tried to add romance into it. Warehouse 13 is the latest on that list of "NEVER TOUCH ROMANCE WITH A 50 FOOT BARGE POLE". Why are so many writers so incapable of writing romance properly?

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          It's only good for the people who ship Sheyla. And, I suppose, the wraith worshippers (I hear those books do some really odd things with the Wraith). All the rest of us are out of luck.
          I shipped John/Teyla but not anymore, well you probably know why. The Weir/Shep shippers got pretty much the same deal so they'll know why. I never read any of those books.

As for who Shep would have ended up with? Well Teyla of course, but if I was head writer on the show there would be so much I'd change.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            As for who Shep would have ended up with? Well Teyla of course, but if I was head writer on the show there would be so much I'd change.
            Romance would probably have been the last thing on your to-do list if you were...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Aw come on! Sheppard would, of course, have ended up with......ME!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                I knew you were gonna say that.

Comment

^^

Seriously, I am not really a shipper for any couple. Somehow they never seem to work.........
                  sigpic

Comment

Neither am I ... or not much anyway... ...at least not as far as on-screen is concerned. Now, off-screen that is a whole other thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Romance would probably have been the last thing on your to-do list if you were...
                      I have no idea what you mean

Of course, silly me. But only as long as I can have Lorne

^^

Seriously, I am not really a shipper for any couple. Somehow they never seem to work.........
                      I have come to realise this. They really are quite terrible at writing it for some reason. A select few being the exception. You wonder why they even try considering they are so bad at it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I shipped John/Teyla but not anymore, well you probably know why. The Weir/Shep shippers got pretty much the same deal so they'll know why. I never read any of those books.

I agree with Linda06. After watching what these people's idea of grand romance is (Brain Storm), I wouldn't want them to have written John/Elizabeth. God only knows the horrors they would do with it.

I also agree that there are many, many things I would change if given the chance. (1. Keep Shep as the leading man, etc..........)

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I also agree that there are many, many things I would change if given the chance. (1. Keep Shep as the leading man, etc..........)
                          What? Didn't you see him lead? I saw him lead... his team, a lot, and then Rodney does things while he waits and Ronon holds up the wall in the back and Teyla's helping with the wall.

Comment

What? Didn't you see him lead? I saw him lead... his team, a lot, and then Rodney does things while he waits and Ronon holds up the wall in the back and Teyla's helping with the wall.

Then Teyla says 1 sentence about her people, who we will never see. Ronon will grunt.

Then Rodney saves the day.

Comment

Then Teyla says 1 sentence about her people, who we will never see. Ronon will grunt.

Then Rodney saves the day.
                              Indeed!

Comment

I agree with Linda06. After watching what these people's idea of grand romance is (Brain Storm), I wouldn't want them to have written John/Elizabeth. God only knows the horrors they would do with it.

We sure did dodge a bullet there eh

Most of season 4 and 5 could do with a facelift.

But she was holding the "special" baby in season 5. Or maybe she was helping Ronon hold up the wall while holding the baby
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X