Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any SGA fans who either didn't watch or didn't like SG-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    *raises hand*

I'm one who isn't that keen on SG1. I started off on SGA while channel hopping & loved it. Then I thought I'd better educate myself about SG1 - so I bought all ten seasons on Ebay. I've managed to get to season 7 but I've run out of enthusiasm. I think if I hear another word about replicators I'll scream. I'm thinking I might skip the rest of season 7 & go straight into season 8 at some point in the not too distant future.
    Don't read if want to watch season 8 of sg-1.
    Spoiler:
    Yes they get rid of the replicators in season 8 but then bring them BACK!! in season 2 of Atlantis argh!! I didn't mind the 'bug' ones but hated the human form ones in both the MW and PG

Comment

i don't dislike SG1- i watched quite a bit of it (first few seasons) and enjoyed it's original stars popping up in atlantis from time to time, but i agree with lily ... SGA is the one that i love and have total loyalty for - i even forgive it for giving us 'irresistible'!! all of the core cast were great and the wraith were the coolest bad guys ever ... i will even force myself to watch the awful SGU for a glimpse of my beloved SGA team next season!

Comment

well i watched SG1 before SGA was even around so...

Comment

Started watching SG-1 along with Atlantis. But i also came late to the franchise, but i am a fan of the whole franchise, from SG-1, passing by Atlantis and ending with Universe, but im most keen to SG-1 because of RDA.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
            In an earlier thread, someone had posted something I found pretty interesting:

Are there any others here or anywhere else who feel the same way or may share the same sentiments?

I started with SGA.
            When it began I didn't get to watch every episode because not cable. But I liked it, yet thought it more realistic in the begining than SG-1 because I caught SG-1 episodes everyone once an a while on regular TV late on Sunday or Saturday nights. It wasn't untill later that I got all the seasons from a friend on SG-1 and it was Great untill they changed the characters...but I got used to ...

SG1 was imaginative, fun and exciting. So was SGA.
            The only gate series that isn't those things is SGU.

Comment

Children of the Gods was the first Stargate ep I saw back when sg1 was on showtime. I really loved it. i had to stop watching once my parents canceled our subscription to showtime sometime after the end of season 1. I caught an ep here and there when it got released in syndication. I watched it when it moved to sci-fi for season 6, but I was confused because of casting changes so I stopped watching it until I found a way to catch up with what happened during the earlier seasons. Once I got caught up I was all about SG1 at first; I watched Atlantis but only casually. I really liked the banter between John/Rodney because they reminded me a bit of Jack/Daniel. It was the main reason I watched at first. I ended up missing sga seasons 3 the first time around because I didn't have cable, so I had to go back and watch that before I watched any of season 4(I watched 1 ep and was confused because things were different lol ) By the time season 5 ended I was funny caught up with everything. i have all the SG1 and SGA dvds and watched them all in order practically all at once. I went from being totally into SG1 to loving SGA more. Now I love them both equally even though I had issues at times with both shows. Overall I think the writing and characterizations for sg1 were better and more consistant than sga. But I still really love the SGA characters and wished there had been more. I watch SGU now, and I like it so far. It had a slow start but it picked up toward the end of the season. That happens on a lot of shows the first season. Im looking forward to see how it goes in the second season. I've enjoyed seeing the sg1 characters on sgu for the most part, and I also looking forward to seeing the sga characters appearance there too.
              sigpic

Comment

I never met some1 who didn't like SG-1...
                But if I do, i will respect him or her opinion on that...Probably SGA appeals more to people that don't like earthy episodes and military suits, or that are more related scary make-up

Comment

Well if i find anyone that like SGA but hates SG-1 i will jump at it whit a DVD , and make him/she what every episode of SG-1 , but i agree whit SGU fans not liking SG-1
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                  StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                  GW member infractions : 1

Comment

It seems there are quite a few people that don't like SGA on this forum.
                    I don't blame them but I think they're being too critical on SGA. The Series didn't go the way I wanted to...it was disappointing but far from bad as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                      I loved Sg-1, but then they brought in the Ori and they made an enemy too big and... I didn't care for the whole storyline. So I stopped watching.
                      What specific problems did you find with both the Ori and the storyline itself? How do you feel they should have been corrected?

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      I'm one who isn't that keen on SG1. I started off on SGA while channel hopping & loved it. Then I thought I'd better educate myself about SG1 - so I bought all ten seasons on Ebay. I've managed to get to season 7 but I've run out of enthusiasm. I think if I hear another word about replicators I'll scream. I'm thinking I might skip the rest of season 7 & go straight into season 8 at some point in the not too distant future.
                      Any specific parts of the storyline that didn't work for you?

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                      I watched a few episodes of SG-1 when it first came out then a few odd epsiodes I happened to catch over the years and while I didn't hate it it, nor did I think it was great ( I thought it had a great concept but was a bit hamy)

I watched Atlantis from the world go and loved it! The concept, the characters, the stories, following that I went back and rewatched SG-1 and enjoyed it better though I wouldn't say I was a tremendous fan....in fact if I'm 100% honest I preferred the SG-1 of seasons 9 and 10 to the years before.
                      Just asking. What did you find hamy about it? And what were the differences between seasons 9 and 10 and the other seasons for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post

Just asking. What did you find hamy about it? And what were the differences between seasons 9 and 10 and the other seasons for you?
                        Some of the stories in the early seasons were very poorly thought out. Hathor for one where all the guys were drugged by the goauld was like something you would have gotten on the original series of Star trek and some of the dialogue made me cringe. Female charecterisation was never the writers strong point and I give full marks to Amanda Tapping for making the character likeable, the way her character was written in season 1 was awful. It did improve, but it kind of lost me for a while. I'm not sure why I preferred season 9 and 10....I guess I just felt that a lot of the previous storylines had been dragged on way to long. I thought the Arthurain myths was a great subject for stargate and I'm sorry they didn't get into it more, we had Morgana Le Fay and Merlin, however it wouldn't have been fanatastic if Arthur himself had shown up? (I thought that's where they were heading at one point). Also I loved Mitchell and Vala. I thought Mitchell gave the show a shot in the arm and I thought that there was a greater balance to 9 and 10, sometimes in previous seasons it had been the O'Neill, Jackson and friends show. The show just seemed to pace better (a bit more like the first two seasons of Atlantis oddly enough)

As I say I didn't hate the early seasons of SG-1, Season 1 was very rocky but new show, new concept you can understand that. 2 and 3 were great. 4 and 5 I thought lost there way a little while six seemed to lunge from the brilliant to the truly ridiculous. 8 had some great stuff, however I think Richard Dean Anderson's half on half off caused major problems and wasn't great for the show.

The Ori had their problems, they never seemed quite menacing enough somehow, but overall I really enjoyed Seasons 9 and 10, almost as much as I had enjoyed 1 and 2 of Atlantis

Comment

We watched sg1 at my house, but it wasn't until Rising that I became addicted to stargate. I loved the mythololgy of SGA and felt Elizabeth Weir was a great character. I enjoy SG1 but I LOVE SGA! (yep I have all ten seasons of sg1 - they were a gift...bought myself the complete SGA boxset.)
                          All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I used to watch SG-1 when it first came out (back when I was really young), but unfortunately I have not seen it in full. I've been watching random episodes every now and again, though. I also have all 10 series and all the films on DVD, so I intend to make that my next big sci-fi watch (at the mo I'm re-watching STTNG). I saw SGU before seeing SGA, but after watching SGA, I began to think that SGU maybe took itself a little to seriously. I still like it though I really, really like Teal'c in SG1, but my love of the Wraith does make me a little bias toward SGA!
                            sigpic

Comment

I've seen every episode of SGA and Universe. I've seen a total of 12 SG1 episodes.

Not that I don't want to see more of them.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

can you care to list those excruciating 12 episodes
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                                X