Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people have so much hate for season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Wasn't that the tree in that SG-1 ep.....uh what was it called....You know....That one where they were in the woods
    There were a lot of trees. They couldn't see the forest anymore 'cause there were too much trees.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      There were a lot of trees. They couldn't see the forest anymore 'cause there were too much trees.
      Why do they need so many trees in a forest anyways
      sigpic

Comment

The only writer I ever noticed was Martin Gero. He was my fave. And after season 5.....can't.... stand.... him....

If they KNEW they were going to write a romantic pairing, the writers should have went to the store and bought out the entire Harlequinn section. Then moved over to the J.D. Robb books (for the sci-fi element) and maybe the self help books on how to get chemistry between to people (cause David and Staite ...Don't have the "Romantic Kind At all) Maybe just maybe I could have fast-forwarded and looked at the screen without wanting to barf.

As it was, it felt ooooky watching Rodney and Keller. (yes oooky is a word! Willow Rosenburg invented it on Buffy (well okay, Joss Whedon did but who cares.. huh?)

I can watch a few eps in the 5th eason. I won't EVER buy the 5th season.
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Because no matter how many times I try to rewatch it just doesn't get any better for me.

Comment

*Pats Starrtom on the shoulder* "there, there. Here have a cookie. It'll make you feel better"

*sigh*
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              Reading this post really makes me wonder how SGA even lasted five seasons. Surely if things had been as bad as you say, it would have been canned after two or three seasons?
              it's stargate it's makes money keep it on till you start seeing red.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                *Pats Starrtom on the shoulder* "there, there. Here have a cookie. It'll make you feel better"

*sigh*
                Thanks cookies always make me feel better,

Comment

I liked season 5, but... I think I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't the final season.
                  It had some really enjoyable episodes, but, didn't wrap things up as much as I'd like to see out of a final season.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzocoetl View Post
                    I liked season 5, but... I think I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't the final season.
                    Indeed! If some SGA movies get made I may enjoy Season 5 some more than I already do!

Comment

Humph, personally they could have Sheppard wake up and find Weir in the shower and that seasons 4 and 5 were all a bad dream and I still wouldn't think much of them

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                        I seem to come across alot of S5 hate. I'm not arguing that it was a "good" or "bad" season, but what exactly what were the things that were "bad" about it or that people didn't like?
                        because it was simply stupid and I hate it
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                          Humph, personally they could have Sheppard wake up and find Weir in the shower and that seasons 4 and 5 were all a bad dream and I still wouldn't think much of them
                          You been watching Dallas?
                          sigpic

Comment

Because to me the whole tone of the show changed. And with Ronon and Teyla being underused, the whole season seemed less interesting. And I was not a fan of McKellar.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                              Because to me the whole tone of the show changed. And with Ronon and Teyla being underused, the whole season seemed less interesting. And I was not a fan of McKellar.
                              ^Good points. I would say I was also not a big fan of McKeller. And Ronon and Teyla where reduced to sidekicks. Even Todd was more in the foreground than those two. Also don´t like the final episode (to rushed and I was hoping for a 6th season.) Beckett was back, but just to say hello and Woolsey was never a favorite character of mine.
                              I think Keller was kind of a boring character. IMHO the best "season mix" was Weir, McKay, Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla and Beckett.
                              And some story's seem to be poor SG1 reproductions, I missed the creativity in season 5.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                                So to all of those who dislike or were disappointed with S5, what would you have personally done differently if you had been in charge?
                                Killed Mckay off in the first episode thus ending the dreaded triangle of doom and Stargate:McKay with one swipe of the pen. No more kinky broads in leather in charge of the travelers ships...one tough dude instead. Had a several ep arc before the reveal of the pegasus asgard (and fire whomever leaked that in the trailer ) kept Daniel there for several eps (without mckay trying to upstage him )- after all Atlantis is "Daniel Disneyland" according to Cam. Added Radek to Shep's team... nicer guy than mckay and would have been more fun on missions...less whining! Had Teyla and Ronon be more than wallpaper for the eps. I could see teyla being important to woolsey as he tried make diplomatic contacts with the other civilizations. that's just a few ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X