Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my understanding, the Atlantis team will be using the 8th Chevron to dial out to the Pegasus Galaxy.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by GateWard
      Atlantis was the original hub of the milky way galaxy. But now is in the Pegasus galaxy. Thus there are two main hubs in Pegasus Galaxy, Atlantis, and ........... you guessed it, the Wraith homeworld.

No one said that the gate in orbit of the wraith homeworld was the newer revision. Why would the ancients make two? Surely they would only want the 'best' gate in the "crown jewel" of their empire.
      sigpic

Comment

Everyone is assuming that the stagate network was developed on our understanding of physics. The tolan could send a transmission of light to the nox in a matter of hours not years which is within our understanding of light speed.

So therefore perhaps they have created the stargate more like fibreoptics where light and radio transmissions would just by bounce down the other end/ or perhaps theres no splash from the hub stargate in the pegasus galaxy because that one uses space folding technology instead of worm holes, which also would explain the fact than the city could travel with it.

I'm sounding like a proper scifi geek now so i'll shut up.

One more thing is don't they find another stargate on earth to travel to the pegasus galaxy, so won't that contradict the intergalagtic travelling city theory.

Comment

are there any pictures avail. to see of the blue stargate? not clips, but pictures, images, still thingies

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Comment

ooh that's pretty

Comment

Originally posted by r3tude
                Everyone is assuming that the stagate network was developed on our understanding of physics. The tolan could send a transmission of light to the nox in a matter of hours not years which is within our understanding of light speed.

So therefore perhaps they have created the stargate more like fibreoptics where light and radio transmissions would just by bounce down the other end/ or perhaps theres no splash from the hub stargate in the pegasus galaxy because that one uses space folding technology instead of worm holes, which also would explain the fact than the city could travel with it.

I'm sounding like a proper scifi geek now so i'll shut up.

One more thing is don't they find another stargate on earth to travel to the pegasus galaxy, so won't that contradict the intergalagtic travelling city theory.

That would also explain why when going through the wormhole it looks different, maybe it's "folding' space and creating a wormhole too?

Another Stargate? That sounds kind of lame, and I have not heard about that rumour yet.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                  ooh that's pretty
                  It's also not the gate....sorry, that's just what they put on the site, but here's an actual shot:

are the chevrons bigger (9 thingies around the gate, for those of you who don't know the difference between a chevron and a gate symbol), or is it just me?
                  sigpic

Comment

they do look a touch bigger in my opinion, but i'm not sure =)

Comment

Well, seeing as how thats just a artist concept and not the actual gate, there is a good chance the chevrons are the same size as that in the stargate on Earth and around our known side of the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                        Well, seeing as how thats just a artist concept and not the actual gate, there is a good chance the chevrons are the same size as that in the stargate on Earth and around our known side of the galaxy.
                        That's a concept? I thought it looked like an actual shot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          That's a concept? I thought it looked like an actual shot.
                          I think he meant the first picture. Perhaps he didn't see the second.

IMO the first pic looks like a cooler gate but the second one is what it looks like, I am pretty sure. It still looks cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            It's also not the gate....sorry, that's just what they put on the site, but here's an actual shot:
                            Thank you! I've been wanting to look at that picture again, but I forgot where I saw it the first time and have been unable to find it.

Dang, that gate looks cool...
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

First post I love the look of the atlantis gate. The chevrons look like dots? I think they could be points of stars as viewed from atlantis or something like that, just wot Scruff said in his post. I thought Abydos was in our galaxy? Anyhow, wot still gets me is how the f00king hell do earth stargate's have enough energy to get the team all the way out to another galaxy? Naquadriah generator? :|
                              I think the blue signifies that the gate is in a different galaxy OR it's a different power source. Maybe there's no naquadah in the pegasus galaxy (although there *COULD* be). It could also be the central hub since the planet that atlantis is on is where the ancients started when making the pegasus stargate system. Just like when you goto a new place with no map, you find directions from key points in the place's surroundings. Makes you wonder if the ancients made earth their first home before going off into the pegasus galaxy? I dont doubt that either because of the gene theory.

Comment

The Atlantis gate does look very cool with the dots in all, but wouldn't that get confusing? Well, they're all smart so let them figure it out
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X