Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the thing with the Atlantis gate, is that it is true it doesnt have a DHD. It in fact has a control panel similar to a computer for dialing coordinates, and also for activating the energy-based iris.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

SPOILERS FOR THORS HAMMER........

MAYBE,,,JUST MAYBE.........THE RING THING OR WHATEVER .......OK THE STARGATE IS BLUE SO THE WRAITH COULD NOT GET TROUGH ITS LIKE THE WEPOND DEACTIVATORS THE ASGARD HAVE FOR A SPECIFIC RACE IN THORS HAMMER.......ITS AGAINST GOULD WEAPONDS AND MAYBE THE NEW STARGATE IS FOR THE WRAITHS NOT TO USE IT..
      http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

Hmm... .maybe it is for Wraiths not to use, maybe not.

As for the theory of this possibly being an earlier Stargate, I think not, because we already know the Ancients went to the Pegasus galaxy after ours.
        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
          Hmm... .maybe it is for Wraiths not to use, maybe not.

As for the theory of this possibly being an earlier Stargate, I think not, because we already know the Ancients went to the Pegasus galaxy after ours.
          actually we dont know that, people just assume that, just like people assume earth is the ancients homeworld, there has been no direct evidence to support either that the ancients evolved on earth or that they even started in this galaxy

Comment

Maybe, although I'm pretty sure they moved to Pegasus... I just get that impression. I'll accept both theories as possibilities, though... personally, I'm hoping we'll find some remaining Ancients sometime in Atlantis.
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              actually we dont know that, people just assume that, just like people assume earth is the ancients homeworld, there has been no direct evidence to support either that the ancients evolved on earth or that they even started in this galaxy
              There's no direct evidence that the contrary is true, in fact, there is absolutely no evidence, it's just a possibility...

Comment

What colour will the energy iris be blue or green?

Comment

Does that mean that each gate in the Peagusas galaxy has an energy barrier?

Just a thought:
                  If theses gates are more advanced, does that mean they can send images back or detect if its floating in space or has an energy iris activated? If not, do the Ancients have some type of MALP probe?
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I would hope so... it would really suck to walk through a gate... into space!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                      Does that mean that each gate in the Peagusas galaxy has an energy barrier?

Just a thought:
                      If theses gates are more advanced, does that mean they can send images back or detect if its floating in space or has an energy iris activated? If not, do the Ancients have some type of MALP probe?
                      i believe i read somewhere that they Atlantis team uses a new type of probe, but im not sure if its earth or ancient technology, i hope earth because even though i love ancient tech i dont want them to be using all ancient tech, otherwise it ruins the fact that the show is supposed to be set in the present day

Comment

Yea the ATeam becoming dependant on Ancient Tech. Is really wack.

Just noticed:
                        You know on the Atlantis site, those pics of ships? Well those ships were already show. In SPACE RACE. Those ships were the decorating models of that guy, who was passed up for promotion for inside trading. Just wanted to tell you guys.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          i believe i read somewhere that they Atlantis team uses a new type of probe, but im not sure if its earth or ancient technology, i hope earth because even though i love ancient tech i dont want them to be using all ancient tech, otherwise it ruins the fact that the show is supposed to be set in the present day
                          Possibly the same type of probe Beckett accidently launches in Antarctica?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Possibly the same type of probe Beckett accidently launches in Antarctica?
                            i guess its possible but i dont really know for sure. what i hope is that its a new model MALP probe, like the MALP mark 2 or something. i dont think ill like it if they can use all the ancient tech. id like to see them have to improvise and make do because they cant figure out alot of the tech or it doesnt work any more after millions of years.

Comment

Were would we get all of these MALP probes though? Surely the Atlantis Team isn't taking a dozen with them. It would be interesting if we couldn't get something to work or messed it up. It would be pretty funny if they turned something on and it blew up in their faces.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                                Were would we get all of these MALP probes though? Surely the Atlantis Team isn't taking a dozen with them. It would be interesting if we couldn't get something to work or messed it up. It would be pretty funny if they turned something on and it blew up in their faces.
                                spoilers for atlantis season one
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                well the isolation from earth is only a temporary thing so im sure eventually there will be regular shipments of supplies and personel from the SGC. also the MALPs arent disposable, one use things, they re use them, they just dont always show them sending them back, same with the FREDs. it would be expensive to have to make hundreds of those things if they only used them once and left them behind and the SGC already gets enough flak about how much it costs to run the program

Comment

Working...
                                X