This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy867
    I wouldnt be surprised if the gate on Earth was like a prototype for the gates found in the Pegasus Galaxy and the surrounding galaxies of it. Basically, if you hadnt noticed, the Tauri gate has a inner spinning track, which is one of a kind in our known side of the universe.
    our gate is exactly the same as every other gate in our galxy (except PoO) the inner track spins on all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
      I wouldnt be surprised if the gate on Earth was like a prototype for the gates found in the Pegasus Galaxy and the surrounding galaxies of it. Basically, if you hadnt noticed, the Tauri gate has a inner spinning track, which is one of a kind in our known side of the universe. But the Ancients felt having a physical spinning track would take to long for beings to type in coordinates for travelling, so an improvement is the gate found in Atlantis, which is distinguished by the glowing blue chevrons and the inner track being made of energy of which the ring spins on, which is apparently faster since there would be no real friction.
      So the Ancients had ADD too?

Comment

Hey, I like blue!

Comment

Hey blue it's a change
          Shame it won't say " sorry you have dialed an incorrect number please hang up and try again, you have not been charged for this call" if you dial wrong

Comment

I like the idea of a new coloured stargate. Apparently it glows and makes a lighting sequence when a address is dialed/activated. Looks a great new gate
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by evan
              I just thought of something, is there anywhere I can buy a replica Stargate? Like a little 6 inch high thing that would sit on my monitor? Maybe light up or something? Preferably with the ORANGE chevrons...

edit: found one for $400, maybe not
              Hey spill. Where I can I buy a Stargate for my desk?

Regards,
              Brent
              "Amanda ga dai suki desu."

Comment

I am still dissapointed by the Atlantis gate. I was hoping it was be cooler and thinner. Cause I kept hearing new galaxy so new gate. I was hoping something like the Tollan gate. Skinnier and sexier and cooler. Oh well. Maybe with the cool lighting effects it will be cool.
                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Hmm... personally, I like the new Stargate. As far as I can tell, I'm thinking that it is just the style of the new galaxy, where Stargates are often used for travel in space and whatnot... just a different, more recent model. Dunno, though.
                  Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

hey, blue wraith, blue gate, what a ... ? why both of them are blue???

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                      hey, blue wraith, blue gate, what a ... ? why both of them are blue???
                      i thought the wraith were more green than blue?

Comment

well...the queen looks blue to me...may be i'm clolor binded or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                          well...the queen looks blue to me...may be i'm clolor binded or something...
                          Oh gods, I sense the beginning of another blue vs. green debate...

Comment

Well luckily I have the magic to break the debate by saying that I think that its interesting that on earth we developed an Iris, and apparently

SPOILER ALERT
                            The Stargate in atlantis will have an energy shield that will act like an IRIS. Pretty cool huh. Its like we had the thinking of the Ancients, or their way of thinking when developing the IRIS, we just didnt have the advanced technology to make an energy-based IRIS.
                            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I can't wait to see the new looking Stargate being fired up for the first time, after seeing the same Stargate from SG-1 so many times, I more than welcome a change.

Comment

Perhaps we've been looking at it the wrong way round. Maybe the Antlantis Gate was one of the first? It's been said that it doens't have a standard DHD. So maybe when they came to our galaxy, the Ancients figured out how to make the system more modular.

Comment

Working...
                                X