• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss SGA too. Hope we get a movie.
    sigpic
    God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      I don't miss Season 5, but that might be just me. I miss Season 1.
      I am with you there.

Comment

mgm's financial troubles had nothing to do with the cancellation of SGA....nor will it have any affect on SGU being cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          mgm's financial troubles had nothing to do with the cancellation of SGA....nor will it have any affect on SGU being cancelled
          That is the most crazyiest thing I have ever heard. Of course MGM's financial problems was a factor in SGA's cancellation. They need profit and for whatever reason they found SGU more profitable and as they establish SGU's seasons their budget will depend on how much MGM can allocate
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That is the most crazyiest thing I have ever heard. Of course MGM's financial problems was a factor in SGA's cancellation. They need profit and for whatever reason they found SGU more profitable and as they establish SGU's seasons their budget will depend on how much MGM can allocate
            Yup, SGA was getting VERY expensive. And running two series side by side would of probably murdered MGM very quickly.

Comment

I don't miss it.
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

but thats the thing, if SyFy had ordered another season of it, then they would have had season 6, seeing as SyFy pays them the money (or most of it) it wouldnt matter to MGM.

I remember not too long ago on one of JM's blog posts, he answeres the question: "would MGM's financial troubles mean that we would get no season 2?" and he replied with SyFy oreder a second season and agreed to pay for it in the signing so if MGM went backrupt (if it hasnt already) then Season 2 would still be made (im paraphrasing by the way)

Comment

but thats the thing, if SyFy had ordered another season of it, then they would have had season 6, seeing as SyFy pays them the money (or most of it) it wouldnt matter to MGM.

I remember not too long ago on one of JM's blog posts, he answeres the question: "would MGM's financial troubles mean that we would get no season 2?" and he replied with SyFy oreder a second season and agreed to pay for it in the signing so if MGM went backrupt (if it hasnt already) then Season 2 would still be made (im paraphrasing by the way)
                  But Running both SGU and SGA side by side would of taken alot of money from both MGM and SyFy. So one was sacrificed.

Comment

Actually MGM pays the bulk for Stargate. That particular blog means that the two entities had already agreed on a budget and thier is no changing it. They basically signed a contract and you can't change those easily
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I miss Atlantis too. *bawls* Realistically speaking, the show's not going to come back. So the best we can hope for is that they'll get the movie made.... *crosses fingers*

Comment

I miss SGA too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Me too
                          What a waste of great characters and actors (by canceling it)!
                          sigpic

Comment

I miss it also very much
                            sigpic
                            Kenton Canada

Comment

I'm re-watching but am up to half way through the last season and am feeling the impending doom of it's cancellation all over again.

Comment

Didn't even watch every episode and I miss it lol. I mostly just skimmed the plot descriptions from each episode watched one or two here and there and skipped to the 2-3 series episodes where the plot continued. That being said of the 20 episodes in each season I probably watched about 12 maybe less in the later seasons, but still enjoyed it thoroughly.

The great thing is even though Ive seen a lot of episodes in season 5 and the last episode its not the type of show where you can't go back and watch an episode, mostly because they didn't do something stupid and kill off the actors in the final episode in a suicide attempt where I would be watching an earlier episode like "your dead man….."

But anyways, contemplating whether to go back and watch the ones I skipped, or move to SGU, which isn't an enticing offer from what I've read not to mention entirely new cast on an alien spaceship? Sounds kinda stupid, my favorite episodes were when they uncovered some cool weird piece of technology on a planet or tied into the plot in some way. All that kinda goes out the window if your stuck on an alien spaceship, I don't even see how they got 2 seasons out of that.

BSG managed to do it in a lot of situations but Im not even going to begin to put them both in the same ranking.

Comment

Working...
                                X