This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think happened to Ford?

What do you think happened to Ford? In the last episode he was seen in, was The Hive, and they never mention if he was alive or not. But John did say something like "he's Ford, I think we'll see him again." But we never do....
    So, do you think he's alive, or dead? I hope he turns up in the movie (if there's even going to be one )
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

I think he went KAAAABOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and will never ever be seen again, except on the kid planet has a spirit!

Comment

I've always hated the fact that we never found out what happened to him in the end. In my opinion I think he is gone forever, never to be seen again.

Comment

A million pieces spread across the Hive ship
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

He managed to escape with some Wraith he uses to get the enzyme.

Or more likely he became dead. As a stone.

But first guess is more interesting because of the Wraith

Comment

I refuse to believe he is dead, I think he survived and is out there somewhere. Just exploring.

Comment

He was last seen on the Apollo heading back to Earth. He now works for the IOA as a member on the council.
              sigpic

Comment

I seem to remember that a scan showed that no wraith darts were left around the planet, so it seems unlikely that he survived.

Comment

If they made a season six, I thought it would have been cool for him to meet up with Kyric, you know because remember in Traker, he dialed a random gate adress, and I thought it would be cool if he just ran into Ford, and Ford helped save him from the Wraith. (lol, I liked that idea so much I wrote fan fiction on it )
                  Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

I think Ford slipped into the 4th dimension known as plot holes, and bad writing... never to be heard from again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      I think Ford slipped into the 4th dimension known as plot holes, and bad writing... never to be heard from again.
                      Check yout literary terms.

An unanswered question doesn't mean a plot hole. Ford's disappearence doesn't change make the plot of The Hive any more illogical.

As for bad writing that is totally opinionated but almost every series has unfinished plot lines.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

For all (current) intents and purposes, he's dead.

But I think it'd be neat if, for the SGA movie (if it ever happens), he's the key to permanently defeating the Wraith. Don't ask me how, I haven't worked that part out yet
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          For all (current) intents and purposes, he's dead.

But I think it'd be neat if, for the SGA movie (if it ever happens), he's the key to permanently defeating the Wraith. Don't ask me how, I haven't worked that part out yet
                          That's how I've wanted to see it go down for ages.

I maintain that SGA is one of those rare shows that most definitely could have been better if written by the fans. Most definitely as opposed to ranging between 'no, god, no' to 'probably' like most other series.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                            That's how I've wanted to see it go down for ages.

I maintain that SGA is one of those rare shows that most definitely could have been better if written by the fans. Most definitely as opposed to ranging between 'no, god, no' to 'probably' like most other series.
                            It's kind of strange, isn't it? You're right--for most other series it would absolutely be "please god no".

But for SGA, what are the bulk of the complaints?
                            - not resolving Ford
                            - killing off Carson
                            - killing off Weir
                            - sidelining Teyla
                            - recycling Replicators
                            - "McKeller"

And these are things which, by and large, all of the SGA-watching community seems to agree on whether we liked the show or not.

That's funny, I never thought of it before, but you're absolutely right.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

All those complaints and the gradual 'dumbing down' of the Wraith, with the occasional episodes like 'Midway' that helped to ease the pain of just how bloody stupid and cannon fodder-rific they are in so many other episodes past the first season.

There's an AU out there somewhere in which every last one of the creative blunders concerning SGU were nullified in favor of something compelling. You know what really makes me laugh? The new SGA continuation novels slated for release late next year talk about the team going off and uncovering the 'true legacy of the Ancients' at long last or something like that. Why didn't we go find that true legacy by the third season, exactly?

I liked the show more than you did, of that much I'm certain. But it's really next to impossible to ignore its failures...
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X