Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey how can you even compare Lord of the Rings to Stargate.

Have you gone insane, Stargate is a masterpiece, LOTR is something that withers in it's presence

Comment

Hmmm...not too sure what to say about that, but with the names of this enemy, The Wraith, you gotta think that LOTR def had something to do with it. They even admitted Anubis was based on the LOTR Ringwraiths. Then they screech as well, Fran Walsh anyone?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
      from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Look Wraith up in a dictionary, I'm sure you will find it is a ghost like creature.
        Plus LOTR copied ents

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
          Look Wraith up in a dictionary, I'm sure you will find it is a ghost like creature.
          Plus LOTR copied ents
          Indeed, the dictionary may say that about Wraith, but you can still tell when they're ripping it off. Anyway, better to rip-off LOTR than Star trek.

Persoanlly I'd rather they rip-off Stargate (94) more often

Comment

Star trek can be good sometimes, definatly better than LOTR in my opinion after all we are all entitled to our differences

Comment

Not rip-off, Homage!

Comment

Trying to claim Tolken invented the concept of Wraiths is the.... *tries not to use profanity*.... how?!?! Why?!?!? Where do you get these ideas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And who said and when that Anubis was based on the ringwraiths (because the ringwraiths were of course the original black-hooded evil-doers, yup, Death copied Tolkien's ideas too....)

Comment

Wait wait wait. Why would they be inside the SCG if Atlantis is on another planet? Also, I thought they had to go to the Antarcitca outpost to gate to Atlantis? Or is Atlanits the outpost? Also, if they are at the SGC, and Atlantis is the outpost on ANT, then what happened to that rule that says two working gates on one planet can not connect to each other?!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I thought the trailer was nice, what was interesting though is when it said there was a new gate, it showed them in the SGC and not on atlantis, though seeing Dr Weir talk was most definitely at the Atlantis gate, since she said we can never get home (though like Voyager) they will... eventually

And to help our confused comrade, the supposed Lost City in the season finale 2-parter was actually just an outpost that the Ancients had set up.
                    Spoiler

The Lost City of Atlantis is actually in the Pegasus galaxy, and as we find out in the Season premiere of Stargate SG-1 in its 8th season, they will find a tablet near the outpost that will mention the gate coordinates to the city, and thats where the atlantis crew comes in.
                    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                      I thought the trailer was nice, what was interesting though is when it said there was a new gate, it showed them in the SGC and not on atlantis
                      Trailer is definatly doing what it should...peak the interest of die-hards like ourselves, but also do what it can to bring in new viewers. Expect the first couple of eps to get back to the stargate mythos so newbies can catch up.
                      -- Gotta love those guys... --

Comment

Weir seems like a pretty hardcore character. I think her and Shepard are gunna be awesome on screen together. This new Weir is so much better than the SGC Weir, don't know why, but she is cool.

The outfits are so damn cool. Greys, blues and reds. I don't like the Canadain uniform though, its jsut shouting "HEY WRAITH, come and shoot me!"

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

For the person who started this thread you can find both Atlantis Trailers here:

Atlantis Teaser 1 (New leader, New Threat, New Gate)
                          Atlantis Teaser 2 (Their Greatest Mission, Mankinds Greatest Mystery)

A plus point about the Wraith is that it actually looks a bit like Ra The Sun God except with Pink hair and strong white flesh tones.

Comment

That Queen Wraith's mouth is freaking weird, or is it just me?!

THanks for the post man.
                            Last edited by DownFallAngel; 04 May 2004, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                              Wait wait wait. Why would they be inside the SCG if Atlantis is on another planet? Also, I thought they had to go to the Antarcitca outpost to gate to Atlantis? Or is Atlanits the outpost? Also, if they are at the SGC, and Atlantis is the outpost on ANT, then what happened to that rule that says two working gates on one planet can not connect to each other?!
                              No no NO!

Why are they in the SGC if Atlantis is on another planet? Hmmm... I wonder why? I mean, I of course originally thought they were going to walk there, but now it seems they might actually use the Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                Why are they in the SGC if Atlantis is on another planet? Hmmm... I wonder why? I mean, I of course originally thought they were going to walk there, but now it seems they might actually use the Stargate!
                                Are you mocking me shova!?

Comment

Working...
                                X