Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    STill, thats 4 times what it cost to make.. a win in my book. Just goes to show how bad off MGM is if these movies were so profitable yet they aren't making more..
    Thier is no way either one of those made 33 million. Even together its highly unlikely.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Both AoT and Continuum had budgets of 7 million
      well, recouping your costs four-fold is still considered highly profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Thier is no way either one of those made 33 million. Even together its highly unlikely.
        Doubt it.. with rentals, TV airings, DVD sales, etc.. im sure both could easily make that much(one could too), but im not sure where wiki got those numbers.. ill look into it.
        sigpic

Comment

Doubt it.. with rentals, TV airings, DVD sales, etc.. im sure both could easily make that much(one could too), but im not sure where wiki got those numbers.. ill look into it.
          Knowing wiki they probably made it up.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know we FINALLY launched the mail and media campaign! Would love if you guys would participate, even if its just for the media campaign. Here is a link to the guidelines and addresses for which to send the letters/emails/tweets.

Mail Campaign:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11680913

Media Campaign:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11680920
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              I think most people have moved on to tastier.....worms. For myself, my main excitement at the moment is the Warehouse 13 and Eureka premieres this week, and I'm also excited by USA's new show Covert Affairs. Just because we drop by occasionally to express our regret over losing the show and the diminishing chances of the movie doesn't mean that we don't spend the majority of our time on other shows.

I still would like to have had a proper wrap up for the series. I'd have liked to see Atlantis back in Pegasus where it belongs, the Elizabeth storyline played out that JM talked about, some serious John & Rodney friendship moments, Teyla, Kanaan, and Torren safe and happy, and a lot of good team moments. We probably won't get any of that. But....no harm in wishing.
              Already posted the W13 season premiere episode discussion thread. Iz excited for tommorrow!!! SyFy is predicting huge number's for W13's return! Well this dog will be watching tommorrow!

As per SGA. The show was a success the DVD sales were a success. The Season 5 DVD set alone sold over half a million copies in the U.S. alone. There is some kind of force behind why the movies are not getting the greenlight. I wish I could spy on the MGM execs and see what the deal is.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I wish I could spy on the MGM execs and see what the deal is.
                I'm with ya there. I'm devastated that it was recently announced Bond 23 has been axed. MGM is seriously hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  well, recouping your costs four-fold is still considered highly profitable.
                  The movies didn't do much better than breaking even in the US, it's highly unlikely they made anywhere near a four-fold profit overall. Hell, the $33m claim on the wiki site's reference is a link to a page claiming it made $8.9m

Comment

Already posted the W13 season premiere episode discussion thread. Iz excited for tommorrow!!! SyFy is predicting huge number's for W13's return! Well this dog will be watching tommorrow!

As per SGA. The show was a success the DVD sales were a success. The Season 5 DVD set alone sold over half a million copies in the U.S. alone. There is some kind of force behind why the movies are not getting the greenlight. I wish I could spy on the MGM execs and see what the deal is.
                    WOW! That much, do you have a link. I knew they sold well but not that well. You sure the force isn't them being bankrupt.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      The movies didn't do much better than breaking even in the US, it's highly unlikely they made anywhere near a four-fold profit overall. Hell, the $33m claim on the wiki site's reference is a link to a page claiming it made $8.9m
                      The International market is traditionally much more profitable.

I would assume if someone had the numbers, they'd have been posted long ago.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        The International market is traditionally much more profitable.

I would assume if someone had the numbers, they'd have been posted long ago.
                        I seem to recall each movie making around 12 million with domestic and international sales are figured. But I have no source to prove. Just something I remember hearing in Internet rumor passing so its probably false
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

how much was each movie to produce?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                            how much was each movie to produce?
                            Around 7 million..

Additionally guys, from what JM and BW and MGM and SYFY have said, these movies were a success. They had to have earned more then 8-12 million dollars for BW and JM to say how successful they were.
                            sigpic

Comment

at around $30.00 a set... gives us around $15 mil....not too shabby at all!

*isn't gonna ask what the sales were for__________.....*

as to the next james bond...they need to get rid of alfred e. newman and get brosnan back!

Comment

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know we FINALLY launched the mail and media campaign! Would love if you guys would participate, even if its just for the media campaign. Here is a link to the guidelines and addresses for which to send the letters/emails/tweets.

Mail Campaign:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11680913

Media Campaign:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11680920
                                You guys should really write the letters.. im just finishing them and i feel so much better and encouraged! We need everyone in on this to be successful!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X