Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    If the movie ever gets made, they will probably have to change the script or write a new one thanks to McKay's appearance in the 2nd season of SGU.
    According to Joe Mallozzi's blog, the changes will only have to be with regard to some issues of timing (as in, when the events in the movie take place). He seemed to imply that the changes would be minor.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Let's put the kibash on all the name dropping and rumor mongering please.

the topic is PLOT DISCUSSION

not your grand conspiracies and such about why the movie's not being made.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Umm, was that in response to my post? I was trying to name-drop with mentioning Mallozzi - I thought it was a reasonable (possibly spoilerish) point about changes to the plot that might need to be made?
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

LOL sky.... we have nothing to discuss about the plot, story, characters, events, repercussions, etc. Right now I think our current conversation (besides the name dropping) about the movie still fits in the thread. I mean I know its supposed to be PLOT.. but there is no plot right now. And its not a conspiracy, its speculation.
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting quip about the movies from a Brad Wright interview in the final issue of the Official Stargate Magazine.

Indeed, further adventures for the SG-1 and Atlantis teams are still on the cards, although as Wright points out, "There are financial forces in the direct-to-DVD world and the world of MGM that have put those on hold. We have stories ready, we and MGM have the will, and every time I bring it up with my bosses, they says they still want to do them--just not today.
            I think its at least encouraging that he seems to be talking about both movies, not just Revolution.. and this interview seems pretty recent. Given the fact that there is a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the MGM situation, and still a willingness among actors, producers, and the studio, I think there still is a decent chance that both these movies will still be made.
            sigpic

Comment

Its kind of old news. We knew money was the reason behind no movies.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It was the last part that was important. It's conformation that the studios still want to do BOTH movies and that once all this MGM crap gets sorted out... Something will happen. Wasnt supposed to be new revolutionary movie news. It was just a small update, that's all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  It was the last part that was important. It's conformation that the studios still want to do BOTH movies and that once all this MGM crap gets sorted out... Something will happen. Wasnt supposed to be new revolutionary movie news. It was just a small update, that's all.
                  We already knew MGM wanted to do the movies
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    We already knew MGM wanted to do the movies
                    Well.. for a little while it seemed to be the case IMO.
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you think that now that FOX has purchased MGM, the chances of a Stargate movie is better or worse, or makes no difference?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyScifi View Post
                        Do you think that now that FOX has purchased MGM, the chances of a Stargate movie is better or worse, or makes no difference?
                        Fox bought MGM - oh dear... I thought Spyglass was in the running?

Fox does the DVD distribution of Stargate DVD's over here... if that's of any importance.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LadyScifi View Post
                          This is incorrect.

Spyglass is the current frontrunner and expected to complete the deal soon.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...(News+%26+Buzz)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Phew... thanks for the clarification.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              This is incorrect.

Spyglass is the current frontrunner and expected to complete the deal soon.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...(News+%26+Buzz)
                              They said they'd need yet another debt extension... IM still a little confused why. MGM is going into prepackaged bankruptcy... Spyglass is taking over... So they need another extension just to get the prepackaged bankruptcy together? I can see the logic.. but it seems a tad strange.

Hopefully this is good news though.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...1&ref=vertfilm
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X