Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Oh I agree. The thing JM was trying to achieve imo was dangling the carrot under the SGA fans noses once again. It's about trying to get them to watch SGU now and not just for the crossover episode...he rambles off a bunch of stuff that has NOTHING to do with SGU and couldn't even be implimented into SGU..

If two SGA characters are guest starrring on SGU, do we really think they will be taking the time to fill the SGU crew in on what's happening back on Atlantis in the relationship area... that little summary was just the usual stiring by JM to get SGA fans to hang around .. hey look at what lies at the end of the rainbow, if you follow the yellow brick road that may lead to a movie.... or more importantly help SGU..

The only fans I can see who would be happy to see SGA characters on SGU are fans of both shows.. but I think they are few and far between... SGU seems to have a new fanbase with just a few crossovers of old fans..

From the reaction I've seen from fans so far, JM's ramblings have not tempted many to want to tune into SGU just to see their fav character and it also seems to be causing less interest in getting a movie... I don't want to see ANY of the SGA characters on SGU.. and I agree that their appearance would be more of a hindrance than a benefit...
    I'm reasonably certain that the point of his ramblings had nothing to do with what the SGA characters will be doing on SGU but everything to do with the tweaks he will need to make to Extinction script to allow for the time lapse which will necessarily occur. He did say Extinction was set immediately after EatG but that now it would have to be set much later, hence the questions about what the characters have been doing on earth all that time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      I'm reasonably certain that the point of his ramblings had nothing to do with what the SGA characters will be doing on SGU but everything to do with the tweaks he will need to make to Extinction script to allow for the time lapse which will necessarily occur. He did say Extinction was set immediately after EatG but that now it would have to be set much later, hence the questions about what the characters have been doing on earth all that time.
      Thats what i also believe.
      sigpic

Comment

People lets stop screaming the SGU is bad , if it doesn't have some success on the second season then you can say goodby to SGA and SG1 movies , well maybe who knows , in about 30 years there will be a remake whit a time traveling Teal'c meting a younger O'neil and they start killing gou'uld as a younger team (ST XI)
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

The only fans I can see who would be happy to see SGA characters on SGU are fans of both shows.. but I think they are few and far between... SGU seems to have a new fanbase with just a few crossovers of old fans..

From the reaction I've seen from fans so far, JM's ramblings have not tempted many to want to tune into SGU just to see their fav character and it also seems to be causing less interest in getting a movie... I don't want to see ANY of the SGA characters on SGU.. and I agree that their appearance would be more of a hindrance than a benefit...
          Here is a fan of all three shows. I don´t think it´s a bad choice to do a crossover, I am very pleased with that decision

I was hoping for some SGA folks show up in SGU. To bad Ronon is hard to integrate on Universe.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh I agree. The thing JM was trying to achieve imo was dangling the carrot under the SGA fans noses once again. It's about trying to get them to watch SGU now and not just for the crossover episode...he rambles off a bunch of stuff that has NOTHING to do with SGU and couldn't even be implimented into SGU..

If two SGA characters are guest starrring on SGU, do we really think they will be taking the time to fill the SGU crew in on what's happening back on Atlantis in the relationship area... that little summary was just the usual stiring by JM to get SGA fans to hang around .. hey look at what lies at the end of the rainbow, if you follow the yellow brick road that may lead to a movie.... or more importantly help SGU..

From the reaction I've seen from fans so far, JM's ramblings have not tempted many to want to tune into SGU just to see their fav character and it also seems to be causing less interest in getting a movie... I don't want to see ANY of the SGA characters on SGU.. and I agree that their appearance would be more of a hindrance than a benefit
            you have them nailed my friend.

I have no interest in seeing sga characters on sgu or in an sgu-style Extinction, so this isn't tempting me AT ALL to watch sgu. no matter what tricks tptb try....

myhelix...after scoring Conan I doubt Jason Momoa is interested in taking a step back (wards) to stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              you have them nailed my friend.

I have no interest in seeing sga characters on sgu or in an sgu-style Extinction, so this isn't tempting me AT ALL to watch sgu. no matter what tricks tptb try....

myhelix...after scoring Conan I doubt Jason Momoa is interested in taking a step back (wards) to stargate.
              SGU styled extinction? Really?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                I'm not sure that the movie would have to be set really far back. they could do it the way they wanted but at the end of the movie they could say "col. shepherd we need you to come back to Earth" or with whoever the SGA crossover is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckay221 View Post
                  I'm not sure that the movie would have to be set really far back. they could do it the way they wanted but at the end of the movie they could say "col. shepherd we need you to come back to Earth" or with whoever the SGA crossover is.
                  They could, but that's not the way Mallozzi was talking. I guess it depends on whether a) who is in SGU and in what capacity and b) the events in Extinction.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    SGU styled extinction? Really?
                    the movie Extinction done in the style they are doing SGU...is that clearer?

Comment

Jim writes: “I think what I am concerned about is if including Atlantis characters only makes you do some minor changes to Evolution, then are the characters just going to be superfluous in the SGU guest appearances?”

Answer: I think you mean Extinction, not Evolution. The changes made to the script will have to do with the timing of events (essentially the set-up) and won’t influence the heart of the story.

John writes: “I was wondering, are you sick of answering questions about the Stargate movies?”

Answer: If there was something to report, I’d report it. Still, I don’t mind informing fans that there’s no information – unless I get a “What’s the latest on the movies?” question on the day after I’ve already fielded the exact same question.

Nani writes: “One more thing… So, now SGA is being revived after you told us time and time again that it would NEVER happen???”

Answer: Hey to break it to you, but it aint being revived.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...h-ups-mailbag/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I am a fan of all 3 shows so I am happy SGA is getting some crossover love gee I can guess who will be there McKay. If this helps get our movie then I am all for it
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          I am a fan of all 3 shows so I am happy SGA is getting some crossover love gee I can guess who will be there McKay. If this helps get our movie then I am all for it
                          I sure hope it helps the movie, I would love to hear the crossover episode gets the highest ratings of SGU!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                            the movie Extinction done in the style they are doing SGU...is that clearer?
                            Joe has said several times thats not gonna happen.. Jumper_One please back me up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I sure hope it helps the movie, I would love to hear the crossover episode gets the highest ratings of SGU!
                              Let me say 2.5 million live for an SGU episode is going to be one d*** long haul. That said.. a season high wouldn't be out of the question.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                                Joe has said several times thats not gonna happen.. Jumper_One please back me up.
                                and you trust "joe"....good for you! as for me...I prefer to remain cynical.

Comment

Working...
                                X