This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

Now it may not seem like a big deal, but add it up to all the ANTI Pair that also won't buy it and it is a BIG dent in the profit part of a money making machine that is the Stargate Franchise!
    There will always be people who won't buy it for one reason or another. But for everyone (or nearly everyone) who doesn't like it and won't buy it, there's someone who does and who will.

It's impossible to please everyone all the time. I don't think TPTB should even try.
    sigpic

Comment

Oooh lets do some math

I most likely WON'T buy the 5th season.

$45.99

IF they make they make a movie and the Pairing is EVEN MENTIONED I will not buy it!

$19.99

So lets see that is $65.98 that the Powers that be are NOT getting from me.

Plus the money Rac80 won't be spending that is $131.96!

Now it may not seem like a big deal, but add it up to all the ANTI Pair that also won't buy it and it is a BIG dent in the profit part of a money making machine that is the Stargate Franchise!
      considering after I bought all of SG1, i then shelled out another $200 for the boxed fancy-schmancy set they have really gotten to know my credit card well! not anymore. So although I have s1-4 on dvd I will NOT be buying any boxset at around $100, so fumbles add another $100 to my total.

Comment

Oooh lets do some math

I most likely WON'T buy the 5th season.

$45.99

IF they make they make a movie and the Pairing is EVEN MENTIONED I will not buy it!

$19.99

So lets see that is $65.98 that the Powers that be are NOT getting from me.

Plus the money Rac80 won't be spending that is $131.96!

I won't be buying it either so that's a UK sale down the drain

I bought the whole 10 season boxset of SG-1 even though I wasn't that keen on the Ori or S9-10 but the eps in the last two seasons are still watchable, now SGA, well I counted there to be 7 or 8 eps I would never touch again with a ten foot bargepole so it'll be kinda silly to spend all that money for only half a season don't ya think
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I guess it didn't feel concrete to me. While Keller did say that it didn't seem like Ronon was willing to "give up" for a lack of a better term. Maybe I am reading too much into the way Momoa delivered those lines.
          The Triangle finished the moment Keller run away behind Ronon's back in The Lost Tribe. Poor Konan....eeem Ronon

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          Bones is a good follow up to SGA - after all, I considered that SGA was murdered by the emphasis on McKeller!
          It was quite a nice addition to the show for other's, like me, the way McKay's character was changed (a bit) by "love".

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I’ll start with saying that this is my opinion. Mine! My own! MINE!
          I could share if you ask really nice. I won’t bite, I promise.
          Promise???(i am kidding) glad we're ok and that you're a girl with humour..

Personally, I thought McKeller went way too fast, unrealistically fast. I know of the concept of speed-dating but this was speed-dating at light speed. There wasn’t a natural flow or time for attraction to develop. It completely came out of left field.
          To that i'll agree, i would expect to see more fun out of it. Fighting, jealousy, Sheppard making fun of McKay, Ronon making his life hell....etc.

To develop the aforementioned speed-romance, they needed to include the happy couple as much as possible. However, making Keller a regular also required them to have her develop as a character, but how to do that? Instead of making Keller an entity on her own, she becomes the girl that the geek is going to get at the end of the road. Poof, there goes decent character development.
          She had entire episodes focused on her, especially in season 5, but people complained about that to...

This romance had a huge impact on season 5 – some see it, others don’t.
          Team was pushed to the side completely, whether that was due to the romance or not is debatable, but in my honest opinion it was definitely part of it. Why else have one episode completely dedicated to it?
          Except from that one episode, i think that the rest of the season is mainly a team focused season. Even the character centred episodes turned out to be Team episodes at the end. Even Whispers was Team-episode (although the wrong one..)
          Spoiler:
          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
          (YEAR 0 - 100)
          "O thou Sun,
          send me as far over the earth
          as is my pleasure and thine,
          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
          but never hear anything of bad ones,
          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
            Promise???(i am kidding) glad we're ok and that you're a girl with humour..
            Scout's... Lemming's honor.

She had entire episodes focused on her, especially in season 5, but people complained about that to...
            And was used as the damsel in distress in others... which btw got old real fast. And going from damsel in distress to fighting a Wraith to damsel in distress again is quite unrealistic.

...I think that the rest of the season is mainly a team focused season.
            There was no team in season 5, not a smidgen... Daedalus Variations was the team, and S&R had a little team... but mostly it was a continuation of season 4. Let's split our characters up and make these duos and pretend the others don't exist for a second or 42 minutes.

Even Whispers was Team-episode (although the wrong one..)
            At least there was a team.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

At least there was a team.
              Yeah and what for a team. *g*
              S5E7: Whispers
              Spoiler:
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Christina Hendrickx is more enjoyable in Blood Ties. Whoever made me addicted to that, I thank you. It was someone from GW, that I remember.

And Dusty... loved Dusty.

Comment

Christina Hendrickx is more enjoyable in Blood Ties. Whoever made me addicted to that, I thank you. It was someone from GW, that I remember.

And Dusty... loved Dusty.
                  I agree, she was awesome on Blood ties, she was wasted in whispers

Um off topic? Um yeah not got much else to say except McKay/Keller romance pretty much ruined the last season of Atlantis, what were they thinking Possibly the worse ship they could ever have come up with and they make it canon?

All just my humble opinion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I agree, she was awesome on Blood ties, she was wasted in whispers

Um off topic? Um yeah not got much else to say except McKay/Keller romance pretty much ruined the last season of Atlantis, what were they thinking Possibly the worse ship they could ever have come up with and they make it canon?

All just my humble opinion
                    Do you really want to challenge me on that one? I could come up with worse ships.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you really want to challenge me on that one? I could come up with worse ships.
                      Come on, don't hold back.

*looks around shifty for any mod-activity*

But did those ships/that ship have impact on an entire season?

Comment

Come on then, I challenge you

Hurry up before the mods come on and skelp our backsides
                        sigpic

Comment

Emmm McKay and Katie?
                          Weir and ...Simon............

And was used as the damsel in distress in others... which btw got old real fast. And going from damsel in distress to fighting a Wraith to damsel in distress again is quite unrealistic.
                          I think you see things a little bit too "feminist". From that point of view, you're right. But unfortunately, "this is a men's world" no matter what they say otherwise.;(
                          Last edited by Ikaros; 25 February 2009, 02:38 AM.
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          send me as far over the earth
                          as is my pleasure and thine,
                          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                          but never hear anything of bad ones,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I think you see things a little bit too "feminist". From that point of view, you're right. But unfortunately, "this is a men's world" no matter what they say otherwise.;(

I am sorry? Inconsequential display of a character has got something to do with a "feminist" view on things? And what do you mean with "this a men's world"? And do I really want to know your answer?
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                              I am sorry? Inconsequential display of a character has got something to do with a "feminist" view on things? And what do you mean with "this a men's world"? And do I really want to know your answer?
                              *iz reminded of Janet Fraser in Hathor talking about her ex*
                              No hun you don't.

I think the emphasis on Mckay getting eye candy was disgusting! one would hope a man of mckay's age would be over that (unless it is his mid-life crisis) and that Jennifer would have more sense than to become a man's eye candy.

Comment

I think you see things a little bit too "feminist".
                                I don't think I qualify enough to be called that.

From that point of view, you're right. But unfortunately, "this is a men's world" no matter what they say otherwise.;(
                                And TPTW love it.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                *iz reminded of Janet Fraser in Hathor talking about her ex*
                                And it was darn cute too, the way she said it.

Comment

Working...
                                X