This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Either that or the direction for the scene wasn't very clear. Or...you know...Momoa is just that bad.
    Well given how bad the love triangle was developed I think its the middle one as I never had a problem with Momoa's acting. His character yes but not his acting.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I personally don't like how Ronon was acting like an idiot in the Lost Tribe trying to impress Keller and all it was doing was falling on deaf and not interested ears.

Ronon was made a fool by TPTB and the "triangle of doom" I am shocked that TPTB allowed a character they created to be show such disdain by his friend Rodney and someone he liked, Keller. I think Ronon got the better deal by being not chosen by Keller.

I like Ronon and Amelia's canon relationship way better than Keller and Rodney's IMO pathetic version of "love"

In the one or two scenes that Ronon and Amelia were in I noticed these things that IMO were never there for Keller and Rodney.

1) Attraction!! in Prodigal it was like whowza in one teeny tiny bit I caught the interest from both Ronon AND Amelia.

2) comfort and ease with each other, which I never saw with Rodney or Keller.

Well, I never bought the Rodney and Keller thing anyway, so I guess I'll never see those things huh?

Remember this is my opinion, not fact! okey dokey??!
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

FYI - the issue was resolved between me and Ikaros (I hope anyway).

The way Jelgate put it, and Pandoras_box, was worded a little better.
        But damn it, I can still be offended.

....Oh yeah... McKeller coming right up after Bones.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          As I say this I am going to try to be respectful to FH and people like her who chose simliar relationship patterns so I apologize in adavnce if I do offend you

I don't think its so much of a language barrier as it just is a social norm. It is far more likely in today's world to see a woman (or man) pursue a hetrosexual relationship over a homosexual relationship. So I think Ikaros was just generalizing about the average woman's choice in dating and I don't think the insult was intended just stating right the majority to do.

But we are getting off topic. So I will continue to try to bring us back on topic and continue poor execution is why McKeller doesn't (IMO) work that well. TPTB didn't know plan it out and as a result certain events were rushed from McKay's deceleration of love in The Shrine and the love triangle in mid-S5. I would like to know when that triangle was resolved. We go from McKay/Ronon competing for Keller's love in The Lost Tribe and jump right to McKay and Keller flirting in Brain Storm. Like all Stargate their was no middle ground/
          I have to agree. I don't think he meant any offense FH.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            FYI - the issue was resolved between me and Ikaros (I hope anyway).

The way Jelgate put it, and Pandoras_box, was worded a little better.
            But damn it, I can still be offended.

....Oh yeah... McKeller coming right up after Bones.
            Kinda dampened your spirits after a good Bones ep eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Kinda dampened your spirits after a good Bones ep eh?
              Bones is a good follow up to SGA - after all, I considered that SGA was murdered by the emphasis on McKeller!

Comment

McKeller – Impact on SGA season 5

An essay by Heightmeyer’s Lemming, also known as Falcon Horus.

I’ll start with saying that this is my opinion. Mine! My own! MINE!
                I could share if you ask really nice. I won’t bite, I promise.

Season 5. It wasn’t anything spectacular to begin with, although I had higher hopes after I had seen Search and Rescue which wasn’t all that bad (considering what we had still left it was probably one of the better episode in the whole season).

First I have to start with clarifying that I’m not a big McKay-fan. I can tolerate him to a certain extent. I find him incredibly annoying during other times, and I have wished on more than one occasion that I could drag him through the computer/TV screen and slap him senseless.
                And I’m most certainly not a fan of Keller. I had high hopes for this character but it just went all wrong.

Continuing on with how romance was tackled in SGA over the course of the seasons, because oh no McKeller isn’t the first canon ship. We had Simon and Elizabeth in season 1, Katie and Rodney in season 2/3/4, and Carson and Laura in season 3. Notice it was always a recurring character with a main character. A way to keep it in the background which is just fine by me. I’m not the kind to like all out shipping. Knowing TPTB of Stargate – they just don’t know how.

Personally, I thought McKeller went way too fast, unrealistically fast. I know of the concept of speed-dating but this was speed-dating at light speed. There wasn’t a natural flow or time for attraction to develop. It completely came out of left field.

To develop the aforementioned speed-romance, they needed to include the happy couple as much as possible. However, making Keller a regular also required them to have her develop as a character, but how to do that? Instead of making Keller an entity on her own, she becomes the girl that the geek is going to get at the end of the road. Poof, there goes decent character development.

This romance had a huge impact on season 5 – some see it, others don’t. And some don’t even want to see it. Oh, there’s always a few who are in denial. You know, Kate’s still alive, right?

Team was pushed to the side completely, whether that was due to the romance or not is debatable, but in my honest opinion it was definitely part of it. Why else have one episode completely dedicated to it? And I must add that I didn’t think Brain Storm was that bad. I went in with no expectations at all, and came out fairly unscathed. It was a brainless concept but that Science guy was rather fun to watch (and I have absolutely no clue who he is).

Does it disrupt the flow of episodes in which it could have been left out? Yes, most certainly… one great example of that is from Infection. We see the lieutenant getting snagged by the Wraith soldier and go back to Lorne calling for him over the radio. Instead of going to the next scene where Sheppard and Lorne meet up with the others and investigate the “crime scene”, we get a bit of whining and dining in between. The scene between McKay and Keller was an interruption that shouldn’t have been there in the first place. It broke the entire tension into ittybitty pieces and nothing was left. Instead of increasing the “WTF, was that?”, there was a decrease to the point of nothing left.
                I have that scene without McKeller and it flows perfectly from one sequence into the next and all I cut was McKeller, not a frame more or less.

What do I remember from SGA season 5, in order to determine whether it made an impact on me personally?

And the answer is yes, I’m afraid, it made an impact.

Here’s my list (order has no meaning):

• No team, no Atlantis, no expedition
                • Teyla has officially become the invisible woman
                • John shares Ronon and Teyla’s fate
                • Rodney is put front and center even more
                • Who is Keller? (the character is quite literally all over the place)
                • McKeller and the fiasco that it became
                • Bad writing, bad CGI, mediocrity at its best

I’m quite sure I am forgetting about half the things I was going to mention as well, and I’ll probably add them as they come back to me.

Now it’s time to head back out to the lab of the squints and their fiery bone-leader.

And all that in just 785 words.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  Bones is a good follow up to SGA - after all, I considered that SGA was murdered by the emphasis on McKeller!
                  I like Bones however I don't think McKeller killed SGA.

Comment

It killed me
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      It killed me
                      I know.

Comment

I know.
                        Oh I bet you enjoyed that though hmm I seem to have run out of fish Did Jel steal my fish
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Oh I bet you enjoyed that though hmm I seem to have run out of fish Did Jel steal my fish
                          Me? Of course not. *points to halo*

Comment

TPTB okay'd the pairing!!So if you dislike the pairing like I do, then you really can say that (to you being me) the PAIRING killed the show!

Comment

It did for me. i went from being a never-miss-an-episode-fan to oh-gee-tape-it-and-maybe-watch-it-tomorrow-fan. Not even sure if I will buy season 5 (and I sure as heck won't buy the atlantis boxset like i did the SG1 set after buying all 10 seasons individually!) DOA!!!! all IMHO i admit!

Comment

Oooh lets do some math

I most likely WON'T buy the 5th season.

$45.99

IF they make they make a movie and the Pairing is EVEN MENTIONED I will not buy it!

$19.99

So lets see that is $65.98 that the Powers that be are NOT getting from me.

Plus the money Rac80 won't be spending that is $131.96!

Now it may not seem like a big deal, but add it up to all the ANTI Pair that also won't buy it and it is a BIG dent in the profit part of a money making machine that is the Stargate Franchise!

Comment

Working...
                                X