This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leksa View Post
    It's interesting how you in detail discuss the might of the Wraith army and what Atlantis need to do to defeat them. But you forget one very, very important thing.
    Earth economy!
    You need resources to build all those sensors network, ships and weapons.
    The writers of the SGA assume that the Earth is as it is now. So conclusion is we, humans, do not have enough resources to build those things. Hell, we do not have enough resources to support the Atlantis colony.
    Just remember, our real international space station is build by money from all major industrial countries, and those countries have trouble in finding out enough money to complete all those projects.
    That's one thing. The other is need for the industry. Every civilization has to have an industry to build and sustain the high technological society. Especially society so advanced as it is portrayed in the SGA. I'm really curious why writers of the SGA did not even mentioned the Wraith industry. The technological level of the Wraith implies that they have to have some kind of the industry.
    The way how the Wraith society was portrayed in the SGA is artificial and full of holes.
    On the one hand that gives fans loads of the "space" to find their own answers. However, the fans should respect the information given in the show and those information severely limit the humans from the Earth. Honestly, those information actually make "our" portrayed success with the Goau'd and Ori as magic.
    I personally find that rather annoying. Not only that writers do not respect the real science but they do not respect the implication of their own previous stories.

This comment made me think, do the wraith have one main planet they build all their ships on? like a capital?

hmmm these are the questions that haunt me
    SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

Originally posted by ellabooray View Post
      This comment made me think, do the wraith have one main planet they build all their ships on? like a capital?

hmmm these are the questions that haunt me

Never been clarified, The Ancient Training Room Holigramme said we stepped upon a dark world. now that could suggest they originally came from one planet. Since the Series started however we have never seen a Wraith Civilisation to speak of on a planet, we have seen Labs and Research outposts, But apart from that they seem to live on hive ships. In No Mans Land, Michael comments about sitting in his quaters. This would suggest the live on hives all the time and only settle on a planet to sleep but in the hive.

Comment

Well, if you go with the premisses that was used in the show, that the Wraith evolved; their planet of origin has to be one which was populated by humans, otherwise they would not evolve such high food speciality.
        That is one of the problems with this assumption of the extra fast evolution.
        And then, if we follow up on the evolution, the Wraith need to go trough the developing of the civilization as well.
        Definitely too much holes in the back story of them....
        Last edited by leksa; 02 December 2008, 10:17 AM. Reason: syntax error

Comment

Working...
        X