This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XsupermaniaX View Post
    i think the asuran ships are stronger and more advanced than the ancient ships cuz they had 10000 years to advance further and their starting point was ancient technology, also i think alone one 304 could take out 2-4 hive ships at the same time cuz when the ori ships were shooting at odyssey it didn't have that big of an effect and on top of that they had a replicator problem, also hiveship firepower isn't that strong compared to our asgard shield, remember when michael was firing at dedalus and it had minimal effect.
    True but it would still be better to take them 1 on 1 as apose to risking potentially being destroyed. Micheals cruser did almost no damage to the daedalus sheild however 3/4 hives might.

Comment

1 vs 1 (304 vs hive), 304 with new asgard refits owns the hive, but there are still dozens of hives out there. Even if we rassemble our 3 304, we should avoid fleets comprising more than some 6-7 hives. And its not likely we could send all of our ships to one small galaxy 3 millions light years of the MW...
      And about the Ori ships: Carter was able to access some functions of the ship in 10x07 Counterstrike, so I suppose we could handle them after some minor researches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
        The sensor network would probably get destroyed. The Wraith would eventually figure out what was happening and how it was happening. Also how would we be able to deploy the network without getting noticed.
        Well odyssey+cloak+size of any given solar+cloaking the sensors = Wraith having one hell of a fun task trying to destroy the sensor network.

Also you would use decoys to really toughen the network up. Plus make sure each sensor would over lap territory, you take on offline their are other one in other systems which covers the same territory.

The Wraith would have real trouble destroying such a network.
        Puddle jumper could be used to deploy such a network, through you would want most of the spy network to be off the stargate network.

Plus odyssey would be continually replacing and extending the network as needed.
        Last edited by knowles2; 11 November 2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The Asgard were able to monitor Hyperspace activity in the Milky Way from Ida so I think there must be some piece of sensor technology withing the Asgard database, perhaps something we could install in Atlantis to monitor the Wraith's activity in the Pegasus galaxy.
          You could probably tune such a device to monitor ship activity when it's not in Hyperspace too.

Regarding the whole hit and run thing, I think it's a pretty good idea as long as you know where the Wraith ships are.
          As has been said above by other posters 1 on 1 we should have no problems with Hives and if you recall during the Siege part 3 the Daedalus managed to last a few minutes against (I think ) a dozen Hives and 36 Cruisers (3 Cruisers supporting each Hive) before having to break for Hyperspace so I think given that our ships now have stronger shields (Tao Of Rodney when Rodney says that he's figured out a way to double the Daedalus's shield strength) and the Plasma Beam weapons 1 304 with standard power sources (no ZPM) should be able to take on and take out at least 3 Hives and 9 Cruisers in a straight fight without being ambushed.
          When it comes to the Odyssey (powered off of it's ZPM) that should be able to take out like a dozen Hives and their Cruiser support ships without any trouble in a straight fight and I don't think you're gonna find that many Wraith ships in one place unless they're preparing to attack some uber powerful race in the Pegasus galaxy other than Earth Humans or know where Atlantis is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
            The Asgard were able to monitor Hyperspace activity in the Milky Way from Ida so I think there must be some piece of sensor technology withing the Asgard database, perhaps something we could install in Atlantis to monitor the Wraith's activity in the Pegasus galaxy.
            You could probably tune such a device to monitor ship activity when it's not in Hyperspace too.
            Do we ever find out how the Asgard Monitor hyperspace travel in the Milky Way?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
              Do we ever find out how the Asgard Monitor hyperspace travel in the Milky Way?
              I don't think so, it was just mentioned by Thor in Unnatural Selection that they 'monitored hyperspace within our galaxy' I think, so no actual detailed description of the technology behind it.
              Some advanced long range sensors would be my guess, but the design of the technology would most likely be in the Asgard knowledge base.

Comment

I don't think so, it was just mentioned by Thor in Unnatural Selection that they 'monitored hyperspace within our galaxy' I think, so no actual detailed description of the technology behind it.
                Some advanced long range sensors would be my guess, but the design of the technology would most likely be in the Asgard knowledge base.

Ye, Thats the only episode I can think of that it was mentioned. We know Atlantis has Deep Space sensors, maybe the Asgard have a modified version of there own, obviously asgard technology that is powerful enough to span a a Galaxy

Comment

Does Thor not say they monitor the known Hyperspace routes. In other words the routes taken by Goa'uld when moving between certain area's of the galaxy. I don't think he ment monitering the entire galaxy.

Comment

I just checked and it was at the end of Prometheus Thor says "the Asgard monitor all Hyperspace activity in the vicinity of Earth, we have been tracking you since you left orbit".
                    So they weren't necessarily able to scan the entire galaxy from Ida, as this was when their evacuation fleet was present in the void between our two galaxies.
                    Still they had to monitor all worlds within the Protected planets treaty somehow, either by placing some kind of sensor array on each of the planets which communicates data back to Ida or using a very powerful long range sensor array which could scan each of these planets and the surrounding areas and something like the latter could be used on multiple worlds in the Pegasus galaxy to monitor the Wraith's activity.

Comment

I just checked and it was at the end of Prometheus Thor says "the Asgard monitor all Hyperspace activity in the vicinity of Earth, we have been tracking you since you left orbit".
                      So they weren't necessarily able to scan the entire galaxy from Ida, as this was when their evacuation fleet was present in the void between our two galaxies.
                      Still they had to monitor all worlds within the Protected planets treaty somehow, either by placing some kind of sensor array on each of the planets which communicates data back to Ida or using a very powerful long range sensor array which could scan each of these planets and the surrounding areas and something like the latter could be used on multiple worlds in the Pegasus galaxy to monitor the Wraith's activity.
                      Yeah I knew it was something along those lines. But the Wraith probably have better technology when it comes to detecting sensor arrays than the Goa'uld. But I would probably say that it was a long range sensor they were using other wise Earth would have "stumbled" across any satellite used by the Asgard to monitor the Protected Planets. Simply because of our good fortune of finding valuable technology when needed

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                        Yeah I knew it was something along those lines. But the Wraith probably have better technology when it comes to detecting sensor arrays than the Goa'uld. But I would probably say that it was a long range sensor they were using other wise Earth would have "stumbled" across any satellite used by the Asgard to monitor the Protected Planets. Simply because of our good fortune of finding valuable technology when needed
                        I too think it's most likely the Asgard used really advanced long range sensors, probably a device stationed on Halla or Orilla.
                        Although they may have constructed hidden outposts like Thor's Hall Of Might in the episode 'Thor's Chariot', with a network of sensor arrays that couldn't be found by anyone unless the Asgard left the Hammers on the majority of those worlds and people got transported to the outposts.
                        If you recall in 'Thor's Chariot' Thor had no idea that the Goauld had arrived on Cimmeria, after SG1 had damaged the Hammer, if he'd of known they were there then he would have come much sooner to stop the Goauld.

I don't know how good the Wraith's sensor technology is, the Genii have loads of secret bases on their homeworld and I don't think that the Wraith have found them all, also you can't forget the Hoffans did the same kind of thing and managed to advance in secret despite the Wraith coming to their world.

Comment

I too think it's most likely the Asgard used really advanced long range sensors, probably a device stationed on Halla or Orilla.
                          Although they may have constructed hidden outposts like Thor's Hall Of Might in the episode 'Thor's Chariot', with a network of sensor arrays that couldn't be found by anyone unless the Asgard left the Hammers on the majority of those worlds and people got transported to the outposts.
                          If you recall in 'Thor's Chariot' Thor had no idea that the Goauld had arrived on Cimmeria, after SG1 had damaged the Hammer, if he'd of known they were there then he would have come much sooner to stop the Goauld.
                          I think this is a plot hole, Obviously Heru'ur arrived to the planet by Ship so unless they used sublight engines to get there they would have been noticed by the Asgard Sensors

The Episode Prometheus was in season 6 when the Asgard Hyperspace sensors idea was introduced so probably the PTB thinking we wouldnt remember!

Comment

lol noobs

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                              I think this is a plot hole, Obviously Heru'ur arrived to the planet by Ship so unless they used sublight engines to get there they would have been noticed by the Asgard Sensors

The Episode Prometheus was in season 6 when the Asgard Hyperspace sensors idea was introduced so probably the PTB thinking we wouldnt remember!

Maybe the Asgard just advanced in the Sensor technology area, like they did in other areas such as weapons and the materials they used.
                              It would stand to reason that a race who was fighting a constantly adapting enemy (the Replicators) would improve their technology all of the time.

Comment

Also remember that Cimmeria has been untouched for at least 1,000 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X