Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i commented on this before but I would say something like this

*on board a hive*

Wraith Commander: Ok now will wraith please follow me over here see we can get rid of sheppards team?

*All 100 wraith in a line in front of him step forward*

Wraith Commander: Ok......Wraith No1?

Random: I'm Wraith no1!

Actual Wraith no1: No i'm no1 you are number 1billion.

Wraith no2: No I'm no1

Stupid Wraith: Derrrr WOOT i'm no1

random: your no400trillion

Stupid Wraith: derr that was stoopid of me.

Wraith Commander:.......stuff this i'll get myself killed by Sheppards team instead...

Yeah basically a 1- kazillion number system.
    Tst

Comment

I'd imagine that they have a language communicated via telepathy - I remember watching a video once on 'Wraith descrimination', and one of the markings was described as based on the wraith language. It's probably unhearable/unpronounceable to us.

Comment

My take: Since SGA is on our TVs Wraith speak English onboard their hives, but we have seen the "wraith psychic network" through Teyla's eyes.. if you remember when she "walks" through the hive through the link you hear an inhuman "language" going on in the background. This mental language shows that they do have a language and they do "speak through the psychic link on the hive. We've seen the written form of wraith but we've never heard it. John and Rodney never on screen ask Todd about any of this so it's really all speculation. I did find it intriguing that we never even see Todd correct any of Rodney's translations either on board the hives or while they are working on the nanite coding.. I think not only are we not allowed to know their names, I think they don't even what as to really know their language.

During the episode "The Queen", I think the throne room scene was supposed to be internal but for TV purposes it wasn't. I also think military titles rather than names would be used on formal occasions with the limited amount of wraith culture that we've seen.
        WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
        "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
        "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
        - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

I don't think so. They have developed mental abilities, so their conception of names could be very different from our own.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new here and just recently i have decided to make it my business to find out all there is to know about glorious Wraith creatures. Meaning everything from random Wraith names to the schematicsof their ships. All your information no mater how trivial it may seem will be a big help to me.
            Thank you,
            WRAITH EMPIRE

Comment

we dont know much, try stargate wiki, just make sure you avoid the parts that arent canon, which as far as i know only includes stuff about "Todd".

there are no schematics, just random set pieces we have seen.

Comment

what part of "todd" is noncanon besides the name given by an author blog? the rest is directly from the show
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I love Todd the Wraith and Vegas the Wraith (or spike...)

Comment

The best source is the Wraith Defenders Club ( I saw you already found your way there ) Even though it's no encyclopedia or wiki you will find the members know everything there is to know about the Wraith much more thoroughly and easier to access than wiki (and much more reliable). Just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                      what part of "todd" is noncanon besides the name given by an author blog? the rest is directly from the show
                      exactely. i dont accept that as his name and neither does many others, its that Jaymach guy who accepts any Stargate material as part.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                        Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        exactely. i dont accept that as his name and neither does many others, its that Jaymach guy who accepts any Stargate material as part.
                        I'm a bit confused here. We have no idea what Todd's real Wraith name is (all supposing that they do have names) but Sheppard gave him the name, Todd, in 'Spoils of War'.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4...ipts/412.shtml

McKAY: Including our friend.

SHEPPARD: Stop calling him that. It's weird.

DEX: Then what do we call him?

SHEPPARD: I don't know. Let's go with ... Todd.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          I'm a bit confused here. We have no idea what Todd's real Wraith name is (all supposing that they do have names) but Sheppard gave him the name, Todd, in 'Spoils of War'.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4...ipts/412.shtml

McKAY: Including our friend.

SHEPPARD: Stop calling him that. It's weird.

DEX: Then what do we call him?

SHEPPARD: I don't know. Let's go with ... Todd.
                          Bascially some chick working for a writing company applied for a licence to use Stargate, paid, MGM approved, she wrote a book that said Todds name in Wraith is "Guide" and some people are accepting that as canon.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            Bascially some chick working for a writing company applied for a licence to use Stargate, paid, MGM approved, she wrote a book that said Todds name in Wraith is "Guide" and some people are accepting that as canon.
                            I see what you mean now.
                            sigpic

Comment

as far as i'm concerned todd is todd (unless at some point the movie is made and he's tells us his wraith name - if they have them) ... i have heard that the production crew and CH called him 'ace wraith' (as in ace frehley for obvious reasons) prior to him being named todd.

Comment

wraiths are cool....go to stargate wiki to find out many things about the wraith

Comment

Working...
                                X