No announcement yet.

Do the Wraith have names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely the wraith guard dudes sit around when its quiet and think to each other 'man wasn't flembot a bit angrier than usual today, I am thinking about going to HR and putting a report in about his recent behaviour'.
    sigpic

Comment

They also seem to go by titles - Commander, Queen, Primary, Second-in-Command, etc...that seems as far as their designations go (that we know of). We've had a few interesting discussions about this - with loads of speculation. Some have wondered if - in their telepathy - they have names for each other that are similar to Native American names. For instance, Steve said of himself, "I am your death" when Shep asked his name. So, perhaps among Wraith Steve is called 'He who is your death', or something like that. So...not a name as we know it, but more of a description to distinguish one from another.

das
      sigpic

Comment

Steve the Wraith did call himself "Your Death" apart from that they seem to be called "You there" "Michael" (even wraith called him michael)"Mr Redshirt" and so on. Imagine how confusing it must be to get the right "You There"
        Tst

Comment

Haha ... kind of reminds me of that old comedy skit from, correct me if i am wrong Laurel and Hardy, titled "Who's on first". Google it, absolutely brilliant and reminds me of a bunch of wraith trying to talk to each other about each other.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Haha ... kind of reminds me of that old comedy skit from, correct me if i am wrong Laurel and Hardy, titled "Who's on first". Google it, absolutely brilliant and reminds me of a bunch of wraith trying to talk to each other about each other.
            Hehe just did what a classic it was just awesome.
            Tst

Comment

Brilliant, great stuff. Great comedy never gets old does it.

Abbott and Costello too...my mistake
              sigpic

Comment

They must have names or some sort of identification to distinguish them

Comment

The Wraith are an insect species and insects tend not have a sense of individuality, for this reason I doubt they have names as we know them. Each Hive is its own group of Wraith and there can't be that many male Wraith on a Hive, each Queen would only need enough to control all the warriors.

I think Queen's may have names, as it may just be in my own head but they seem more different from each other than male Wraith. Apart from Todd, are there any real difference between Steve, Bob or Kenny?
                  Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

I saw this thread title, and all I could think of was The Simpsons...

"To pronounce it correctly, I would have to....pull out your tongue."
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
                      The Wraith are an insect species and insects tend not have a sense of individuality, for this reason I doubt they have names as we know them. Each Hive is its own group of Wraith and there can't be that many male Wraith on a Hive, each Queen would only need enough to control all the warriors.

I think Queen's may have names, as it may just be in my own head but they seem more different from each other than male Wraith. Apart from Todd, are there any real difference between Steve, Bob or Kenny?
                      There's a lot of wraith loving folk on GW mate.....not me per se but there are a lot.

Hope you are ready for a war of words!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        There's a lot of wraith loving folk on GW mate.....not me per se but there are a lot.

Hope you are ready for a war of words!

...and then this thread will be closed by a Mod .
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post

Michael was definitely different from those mentioned but he was thrown into a different circumstance. One wraith who did have a different personality was the captain of the ship in the Queen. He was much different than the rest. Generally, however they don't show too much difference between the wraith males.
                          Last edited by The Dark Destroyer; 08 July 2009, 06:16 AM.
                          "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

Originally posted by Arielle View Post
                            ...and then this thread will be closed by a Mod .
                            sounds like you are biting your tongue on this one
                            sigpic

Comment

Mabe ther name are number like.
                              from 1 to 100 we will start off.

number 72: says to 71 so what you going to do today?
                              number 71: i am going on an suicide run today.
                              number 72: o me to. last one to atlantis is a Iratus bug.
                              ... So said Deline before the Battle of Ages. He spoke to the sky and said, 'And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgement, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true.'

Comment

I'd imagine that their 'names' have something to do with their rank within the hive or their age... something that has no direct translation into any of the languages spoken aloud.

This might also explain why Michael was referred to as such... since all of the other wraith considered him tainted, unpure, not-quite-wraith-enough, whatever you want to say, they'd call him the name that would bring as much shame as possible.

Is Todd ever called Todd by any of the other wraith? Todd commands more respect from the others than Michael, and therefore got to keep his secret wraith-name.

Comment

Working...
                                X