Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wraith: Is there anything they can't do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they cant used real weapons when on foot without killing their prey

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Awww...come on. They're the best dressers in the galaxy! Better then those hospital get-ups the Ancients wear...and that nazi attire of the Genii.

As far as what the Wraith can't do...

I'm pretty sure they can't sing...or dance. And I'm guessing...just guessing here...that they don't know how to woo a lady.

das
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNClP9Ckc4

they can sing, according to this, however they can't convince us that they are really nice, or they can't get us to stop running and shooting at them.
      You shot that thing at me!
      I was already on an Alien Planet!
      We're all in this together!
      What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by greenscreen View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNClP9Ckc4

they can sing, according to this, however they can't convince us that they are really nice, or they can't get us to stop running and shooting at them.
        I've sometimes wondered how that odd multi layered reverberating voice some of the early Wraith, especially the queens, had would develop if you actually were able to teach one of them to sing. It could be quite interesting I think.

Who knows, this might just end up being their survival niche when they're all inevitably absorbed into the coming Terran empire.

Comment

cant shake hands
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            I've sometimes wondered how that odd multi layered reverberating voice some of the early Wraith, especially the queens, had would develop if you actually were able to teach one of them to sing. It could be quite interesting I think.

Who knows, this might just end up being their survival niche when they're all inevitably absorbed into the coming Terran empire.
            Yes, the colossal empire of a civilization that still gets most of it's energy from dead plants(coal) and animals(petroleum), and is technologically incapable of even sending a manned craft to it's neighbor planet. I don't understand how the writers can realistically expect us to believe that, SGC or not, Earth can take on a civilization like the Wraith. Sure, they must have some secret technologies reverse-engineered from alien craft - and let's put aside the implausibility of being able to reverse-engineer technology that is centuries or millenia ahead os ours -, but even then, the sheer resource capacity of a civilization that spans a galaxy should be be more than enough to crush and overwhelm a civilization that has at it's disposal the resources of a single planet. That is, even if we were as advanced as the Wraith, which we are not - not even remotely close -, the Wraith should still be able to easily crush us because they have the resources of millions of planets at their disposal, whilst Earth only has the resources of one planet.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
              Yes, the colossal empire of a civilization that still gets most of it's energy from dead plants(coal) and animals(petroleum), and is technologically incapable of even sending a manned craft to it's neighbor planet. I don't understand how the writers can realistically expect us to believe that, SGC or not, Earth can take on a civilization like the Wraith. Sure, they must have some secret technologies reverse-engineered from alien craft - and let's put aside the implausibility of being able to reverse-engineer technology that is centuries or millenia ahead os ours -, but even then, the sheer resource capacity of a civilization that spans a galaxy should be be more than enough to crush and overwhelm a civilization that has at it's disposal the resources of a single planet. That is, even if we were as advanced as the Wraith, which we are not - not even remotely close -, the Wraith should still be able to easily crush us because they have the resources of millions of planets at their disposal, whilst Earth only has the resources of one planet.
              But we have beamz, beamz of win!

Comment

They can't unzip with those nails of theirs (according to one report...)

da
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  They can't unzip with those nails of theirs (according to one report...)

da
                  This could be a problem for any Wraith who enjoys eating and drinking like the Commander in 'Condemned'. Maybe it explains why they need human worshippers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    This could be a problem for any Wraith who enjoys eating and drinking like the Commander in 'Condemned'. Maybe it explains why they need human worshippers.
                    I wonder how long the line would be to apply for the job of Zipper Manipulator. I know a few gals who would gladly take the job. (Personally, I'll stick with my job as Official Manicurist...it's not as messy.)

das
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll unzip Todd and Mikey!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        I'll unzip Todd and Mikey!
                        Pervert.

(Obviously, the Wraith cannot NOT be irresistable to earth girls )

das
                        sigpic

Comment

wraith cant play patty cake

Comment

But we have beamz, beamz of win!
                            We have six beamz of win. They have a few thousand

Remember the last man? Our beamz of win do diddly-freekin squat against a well set-up ambush. The wraith just need to pull off two of those, and then the one last Earth ship won't be able to do nothin' to stop 'em.

Ohohoh! I know! They can't stop infighting long enough to destroy their common foes!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Nonsense. If the beamz are shown to contain insufficient win McKay will simply add more win to the beamz.

Bet you didn't think of that did you smartguy.

Didn't think so...

Comment

Nonsense. If the beamz are shown to contain insufficient win McKay will simply add more win to the beamz.

Bet you didn't think of that did you smartguy.

Didn't think so...
                                Wraith beamz of win were only effective against the Ancients. They could blow up a Lantean war ship because it had an Ancient crew. If the same ship had been crewed by Tau'ri, its beamz would have been magically transformed into the win variety.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X