Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone going to Comicon in San Diego? Hoping to get Save SGA Campaign materials there, including T-shirts and flyers. I think it would be awesome if several fans would wear a campaign T-shirt. I'm planning on making a Wraith version too. And if you have any other characters you'd like, plus ideas for what they might say, please post that too. You can put it here, or on the campaign thread on sci-fi for now at http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

And if anyone knows a vendor (or two) that might be willing to help us out at the San Diego, all the better!!! I'm putting this out there now, so we have plenty of time to get this worked out.

I think it's important to show support for SGA at Comicon. Remember, last year at the San Diego Comicon, we were told that SGA season 6 was a go -- all the while BW and gang already knew that they had already canceled SGA back in May. Plus, it will be a great way to get SGA as a topic of discussion if we can get several folks to wear T-shirts. I'm really hoping that we can put out the Season 6 order forms for people to fill out. Then, we can mail them straight from Comicon. I am going to look into how we can set up donations account to cover the cost of postage for these order forms. Additionally, if we get enough $$$, maybe we can even give away some T-shirts. But I need help with all of this. I can not do this without more fans helping with the running of this. So if you can help, please write us. Send a message through the website, so I can write you back via email.
    www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign

Also, please feel free to make your own designs. There is a place on the photobucket account for all members to post their own designs. And if you don't feel like buying the iron-on transfer paper, and making your own shirt, you can buy one through photobucket, or copy the file, and take it elsewhere to have it made -- like Walmart or Target.
    Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
    Save Atlantis Campaign Website
    Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
    NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
    Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
    SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

AGH I wish I could go to Comicon, but I'm working at a summer camp

However, I do live near where Shore Leave Con is happening (in July), so if I get to go again (provided that I actually have money ) I'd be happy to wear t-shirts and stuff
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

why are they tring so hard in creating gay characters, is that suppose to suprise us and get us to watch SGU, when we wach a new scifi show at the beginging ,we think of the stories not characters.

there wasn't a strong romantic story in sg and sga,
        some of us wanted something to happen btw Jack O'neil and Sam, but nothing happened, and again nothing happened btw sheppard and teyla, so why do they think we want a relationship story. is it only that young people have relationships. we had mckay and keller, that was not good for the show,
        i dont like romantic story in scifi shows.

they are obessed with realism. like many of you said, we want scifi shows not real life stories. we might as well watch reality shows.

on a different topic, Cooper said,the budget for sga wasn't enough, how much do they want, this is television not movies, i dont think other shows have such a big buget for their shows. we were happy with SGA episodes, we never expected all l big ep with plenty of Special Effects.for me.some eps stand out with a good story s rather than an SFX ep. i remember common ground more than the part 2 ep of 3rd season, was it coming home,i cant remember now the titel.
        Last edited by gatebuilders39; 08 May 2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

i agree with skydiver, this topic is all about save SGA, its fine to post other stuff, but we are forgeting the campaign.

SGAfan4life is working hard, hathor94 helped a lot to get news fans by going to Cons, im sure other fans have done something, i've done a few stuff, keep reading on net about campaigns, also trying to get fans ,and promote the campaign, created yahoo group, i would create a forum,but its completly hard need a server, i heard wraithinme was thinking of creating one.
          i think i've helped SGAfan4life,
          i submit the wix site on yahoo, yahoo accepted the site, people can find the site if they type Save SGA, when i type that, other save sga sites come up, including the old ones. the old sites should closed down, fans think there is no campaign.

what's happened with The ADs,i post it here about using the Ad for the campaign, wraithinme and mimzy agreed it was a good idea, i haven't seen any discussion about it.
          i give the link about other campaign shows.
          SGAfan4life needs fans to help her and for the campaign.
          Last edited by gatebuilders39; 08 May 2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I agree, we need to bring the ad thing back! What's happening with that??
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Wraithinme you and me liked the idea.but i cant think how to use it. i read the advise on site, did you read it.

here is the wikipedia link about Adverts
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television#Advertising

Comment

Yeah, there's quite a few people doing what they can in various areas - and regardless of what they're doing, everyone is definitely needed.

The campaign forum will be open later today or tomorrow. Just try not to break the server lol
                Right now it's after midnight and I've been going all day so I'm DONE for the night!

One thing needed is going through the posts since this one:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=3481
                and pulling out the ideas everyone has had since that post was made, so they can be added to the list.

I was going to do it but haven't had a chance. Same with the idea you had, gatebuilders39 Just been busy, but I haven't forgotten about anything and will get to it once I get some other projects I've been doing taken care of. The idea needs to be added, though.

lol Mimzy I don't want to go back in time! There's just some things you DON'T want to relive >.<
                More hours added to the day would be awesome, though. More hours to get things done or more hours to sleep, either way, it works for me!

Anyway, I'll get back with you guys tomorrow.

Sleep good everyone
                Save Atlantis Forum
                TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                  Link to an interesting essay on SGA and SGU, touching on some aspects you have brought up in this thread:
                  http://community.livejournal.com/swirlygate/6359.html
                  Went to the page.

Error

No such entry.
                  Anyone have any idea why it was removed or where else it might be posted?

Edit: Was this it?
                  http://community.livejournal.com/swi...swirlygate6765
                  Last edited by WraithInMe; 09 May 2009, 10:02 AM.
                  Save Atlantis Forum
                  TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
                    Went to the page.

Anyone have any idea why it was removed or where else it might be posted?

Edit: Was this it?
                    http://community.livejournal.com/swi...swirlygate6765
                    Yes that's it. I think it was just edited a bit and reposted..
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow. Some of the comments quoted in that essay were really angry Not that I blame them
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Must save SGA or get finger cramp trying.
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

Please bring back SGA, it had high ratings and peopl loved it, why cancel it?

Anyone got any info regarding likely airtime of the SGA movie?

Comment

Originally posted by dalekblaster View Post

I don't think they have even set the filming dates yet, let alone hired the cast. (Am I wrong about this? Please tell me something has changed!)

As far as why SGA was canceled, Brad Wright wanted to do a new show. He picked SGU and chose to cancel SGA. Sci-fi was expecting season 6 and from what I've read, so was MGM. But MGM has the power (since they own the SG franchise) to bring SGA back, which is why we are still fighting the good fight. Hope you will join us! Go to http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign and be sure to click on join us, and the campaign an email.

Also, the new forum seems to be ready, so I will send out a notice about that to all the save SGA members too.

Phase two of the campaign will start in June/July and go through August. Details will be provided via the website, once I get a chance to get all of it updated and the campaign material finished
                            Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
                            Save Atlantis Campaign Website
                            Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
                            NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
                            Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
                            SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

SGA was sacrificed for SGU...shame on those guys from SciFi ( SyFy)
                              Last edited by arelyss; 11 May 2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dalekblaster View Post

No date, not concrete facts except JM would almost have writen the script but it's not a green light at all. No contract, no actors approached, no preproduction, no Schedule, no financial agreement between MGM , TPTB and SCI-FI. So no commitments.
                                If you want some more news go to Stargate Atlantis movie - hold on thread.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post10150761
                                Last edited by domdom; 11 May 2009, 08:38 AM.

Made by Csom
                                Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
                                visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
                                Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
                                SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

Working...
                                X