• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solarhelios View Post
    i've just sent this letter to mgm

Spoiler:
    Dear MGM,

My name is "xxx", i am 19 and i am from Switzerland. I have all the SG1 and Atlantis Seasons and watched every episode on TV.

I feel betrayed. You have finally shown your true colours... I believe it's quite obvious that you have let down Atlantis because of it's cost. You have even promoted SGU to have a younger (...and cheaper) Cast.

Atlantis was doing great in Season 5 so I don't know the reasoning behind cancelling such a great and well supported show, the only reason I can think of was to make more $$$... Well I for one will not be watching SGU and according to the many forum-post i have read, you have scared away many of the old and traditional Stargate Fans.

If you said that there would be a sixth season of Atlantis, and if you would have let Atlantis and Universe have a paralell Season for the first year, I am sure there would have been a lot less complaints. The fans have made Stargate what is today, and without these fans, there would have been no such succes. We deserve a better treatmente from you. We don't like our shows to be cancelled for a cheaper version that helps you get more money out of this franchise.

Yes, we are glad for the movies. But 4 houres of Atlantis a year... I am sure you can see that we are not happy with this.

I'm done with Stargate and alot of folks feel the same way I do.....You will lose alot of followers with the way you went about this!!!

I hope your happy....

Respectfully,

"name"

i used one of the previes letters and rewrote it so it fits me
    Ooh great letter......Maybe we can crash their servers again
    sigpic

Comment

We have to organize Mass Email it's "Must Do" in our campaign, everybody gotta know about it and we can crash their server.
      : Darrell, Darrell The Dragon
      : How About Smokey?
      : Perhaps Puff

Comment

Love this video on YouTube!

Save Our Stargate Atlantis!

Looks like a lot of SGA fans a joining the cause. WTG!

A lot of shocked fans out there. I never seen so many ticked off people.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIKs7Afk2ZY
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by fraggleD View Post
            OK guys, the Sites need the Lantean Armys help!!

Are ANY of you guys going to Dragon Con this weekend, that could print out and distribute the following leaflet?
            If there are, can you contact me and I will send you the original file.

We are hoping that this will further publicize the cause and get others interested in the campaigns.

James also is going to put a new banner up on his site, that is also available for distribution if you can help.

Even if you can only print out a few A4 size or a bit more A5 size and leave them on tables, as long as we get the leaflet out there for people to see.

Thank you!!

Fraggle this is awesome!! I love the new banner with both of the sites listed!!!
            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by fraggleD View Post
              OK guys, the Sites need the Lantean Armys help!!

Are ANY of you guys going to Dragon Con this weekend, that could print out and distribute the following leaflet?
              If there are, can you contact me and I will send you the original file.

We are hoping that this will further publicize the cause and get others interested in the campaigns.

James also is going to put a new banner up on his site, that is also available for distribution if you can help.

Even if you can only print out a few A4 size or a bit more A5 size and leave them on tables, as long as we get the leaflet out there for people to see.

Thank you!!

Fraggle, I also forgot to mention that sga was also nominated for an emmy for the theme song.
              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by shansgrl View Post
                I'm working right now on a template letter. I will post it here for suggestions in a bit. In the meantime while I was researching, here is a great thread from the Jericho forums about tips for writing letters: http://www.radiofreejericho.com/phpB...hp?f=55&t=3359
                Hi again,
                I know you have been working on the letter and posting it (but I now cannot find the post) would you mind sending it to James? Just go to the team link: http://save-thelostcity.com/?page_id=143. Thanks for all your hard work!!
                &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
                  I am a firm believer that the main tool we the fans have, is a boycott, as the only thing studios understand is a loss of profit.

If we do not speak up and stand our ground we will see our shows go for shorter terms every time.

We could very well wind up with nothing, so we should boycott.
                  I completely disagree with this strategy. We should not be threatening SciFi - we should be advising them, and feeding them our opinions in as many ways possible and in the most innovative means that we can in order to bring as much attention to their decision as possible.

But dont get me wrong, i do believe that we fans have the powerfull tool of a boycott, but i certainly believe that it should be used as the very last resort after all else has failed. I do not believe that SciFi would cave to our demands if we simply enacted a boycott - especially with no phase of reasoning and advising.

Infact i feel that a boycott is hardly likely to suceed at all without the proper foundations set by a successfull fan campaign; yes it will grab their attention - but will they act on it? or will they simply bring in a new show - and attempt to draw in new viewers?

I also am a firm believer that any tools, like graphics, used in such an action would need to be absolutely 100% professional looking and as good, if not better, than the studios own media.

Just my feelings on the matter.

Originally posted by Benja View Post
                  We have to organize Mass Email it's "Must Do" in our campaign, everybody gotta know about it and we can crash their server.
                  I actually quite like this idea! But we certainly do not want to overstep the mark and do this too often or more than once, or maybe twice...
                  Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or the petition site is down?

Comment

Originally posted by MrTrent View Post
                      with all great respect to the people working their butts off on petitions and letter writing campaigns I would submit that (in my opinion) any effort put toward anyone at sciffy is a waste of effort, good-will, money and breath.

I was VERY involved in the Farscape campaign and saw that all that came out of sciffy were lies and variations on the lies. The execs at sciffy don't care. Not for one second do they care about what the people who watch the shows want. Amazing... but it seems to be true and the employees I spoke to at the network confirmed this to me.

They don't care, they won't care and they've already moved on as is obvious from Howes' comments about how we fans will mourn for a little while, get over it and swallow down whatever they give us with the 'stargate' name on it. (a comment I hope puts a VERY fine point on their opinion of us to all fans)

I imagine that if MGM could be convinced there were other markets for the show, other channels that might be a different story but sciffy is a lost cause.

Over the years I still cannot figure out how a channel can abuse, urinate on and disrespect its core audience over and over again and get away with it.

The best example of this is that they wouldn't renew their number one show (BSG) for a full season forcing the producers to end the show to get a full season order. If you are a network, don't you bend over backwards to make your number one show happy?

Sciffy didn't care before and I firmly believe that no matter how many letters, faxes, telegrams, flowers, petitions or anything that anyone sends them will change their minds.

It wasn't sciffy who brought Paul McGillion back to the the show or Daniel Jackson back. It wasn't sciffy that paid for and made sure that PeaceKeeper Wars got made (Brian Henson personally wrote that check).

I'm afraid it's dead. I wish it weren't but it seems that there is nothing to stop "Stargate: Voyager 90210" and the death of Atlantis.

If nothing else the cast and some of the producers will appreciate the efforts and good thoughts of the fans and know they are appreciated--- but that won't pay their mortgages, feed their kids or give us back a great television show.

For me, I will continue my complete boycott of sciffy: I've seen every battlestar and SG:A episode in the last 3 years and am proud to say that not a single second was while watching sciffy. Then later I buy the DVDs and put the money into the pockets of the studio that produces the shows. Not that I think that it makes some huge difference to them or anything, I'm just one person but I'll be danmed if I'll sit through their idiotic commercials for wrestling, 32 hours a week of ghost hunters and previews that ruin any surprises that shows have to offer.

All the best wishes to everyone out there on the front line fighting and I honestly, deeply hope that my pessimism is totally wrong and I'm forced the eat my words.... but I fear not.
                      Well thank you for your opinion, sir. I think we all realize that sciffy has nothing better in mind for us than to screw us over. BUT.... This thread is full of people that want to make a difference. I appreciate your opinion, but please do not ruin the spirit of our movement.

Sciffy and it's president, Darth Sideous....errr....Mr. Howe are not the only players in this wicked game. This was a joint venture into evil by Sciffy AND MGM, so if we can persuade one or both of them (best case scenario) AND show Brad Wright that he was WRONG about us fans, then we might just hold the leverage to get more Atlantis. Besides, we hold one powerful weapon against the Sciffy bigwigs..........A BOYCOT!

Yes, folks. I know it is drastic, but our money is clearly the sole object of Mr. Howe's desire. If we withold that money in ransom for what we want- MORE ATLANTIS, he will be powerless to resist us. Think of this as the Lantean Army taking hostages for negotiation.

Now, I know you are probably thinking, "BUT NOOOO There are still plenty of Atlantis eps. left!!!!" Well in today's techie age, there are plenty of ways to get to our blessed Atlantis. I can think of several sites where you can watch it in great quality, streaming (with no download required.) Another option is organizing local stargate watching clubs, so that a majority of fans can drop sciffy and meet at one place to enjoy Atlantis.

So, there's my thoughts. Let's stick it to the man!!!!!

(ohhhh, Jack would be proud.... )
                      http://save-thelostcity.com/wp-conte.../save-sga2.jpg

One more MEMBER OF THE LANTEAN ARMY!

Comment

I found these postcards at Cafepress.
                        So for people who can't send actual lemons, they seem like a nice idea.
                        click on the picture for the link
                        sigpic

Comment

I completely disagree with this strategy. We should not be threatening SciFi - we should be advising them, and feeding them our opinions in as many ways possible and in the most innovative means that we can in order to bring as much attention to their decision as possible.
                          Yes yes, I forgot to mention. There are plenty of good things going on here. I would love to be a fly on the wall when ol' Dave Howe gets a nice fat box of lemons on his desk. But, I just thought I should put out some options so we will be prepared to boycott if we have to. No sense in taking drastic measures when we don't need to quite yet.
                          http://save-thelostcity.com/wp-conte.../save-sga2.jpg

One more MEMBER OF THE LANTEAN ARMY!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewski1138 View Post
                            Yes yes, I forgot to mention. There are plenty of good things going on here. I would love to be a fly on the wall when ol' Dave Howe gets a nice fat box of lemons on his desk. But, I just thought I should put out some options so we will be prepared to boycott if we have to. No sense in taking drastic measures when we don't need to quite yet.
                            Here here!!
                            Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              I found these postcards at Cafepress.
                              So for people who can't send actual lemons, they seem like a nice idea.
                              click on the picture for the link
                              These are great! And a great idea!!!
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

About half of this thread viewers are guests that can't reply. Im sure you are here because you want and can do something so please sign up, im sure this campaign will get better with dozens new active users reading here as guests.

Comment

Working...
                                X