This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGAfan4life View Post
    I don't think they have even set the filming dates yet, let alone hired the cast. (Am I wrong about this? Please tell me something has changed!)

As far as why SGA was canceled, Brad Wright wanted to do a new show. He picked SGU and chose to cancel SGA. Sci-fi was expecting season 6 and from what I've read, so was MGM. But MGM has the power (since they own the SG franchise) to bring SGA back, which is why we are still fighting the good fight. Hope you will join us! Go to http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign and be sure to click on join us, and the campaign an email.

Also, the new forum seems to be ready, so I will send out a notice about that to all the save SGA members too.

Phase two of the campaign will start in June/July and go through August. Details will be provided via the website, once I get a chance to get all of it updated and the campaign material finished
    Cool, can't wait
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

CAMPAIGN UPDATE: MAY 13, 2009

Hey everyone!
      The Save SGA campaign has it's own forum now. It's at http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
      Huge thanks to one of our campaign members for building it!

I'm hoping we can get some great discussion going there, plus new ideas, etc., for the campaign. Sci-fi has been a great forum, and we will continue to post there, and here on GW too, but to really get to details of the campaign, we need more than a thread or two. And on GW, as some of you know already, they tore down my thread about the new campaign just weeks before it was to start. It probably hurt phase one of the campaign, since they buried it over 3,000 posts back, but if that is GW's rules, then is it. But that is one reason we needed to start our own.

Other notes:

*Anyone have the time to help us contact vendors,etc., from a list from the San Diego Comicon? We are trying to locate businesses that would be willing to put out our flyers/order-forms, maybe even have a T-shirt or two, as well. I need help with this, big time!

*I will need help keeping up with the mailing list too.

*We need folks that are going to Comicon and other cons to step up and help. It should not be too time consuming, as the campaign materials will be made available, and are easy and ready to print. Same goes for T-shirts.

*Also, does anyone have a contact in the printing industry? If we could get group account going, we could pay-as-you-go for flyers and T-shirts. Or if any person owns a print shop and is willing/able to help us, that would be even better!

*We still need to keep this going too, (and updates on GW too) as fans will likely look on GW and scifi first. Please fell free to add this to your signature and/or post it on other threads too.

*I'll be sending it the mailing list too. And the newsletter will be posted on the forum, along with other updates about the campaign.

*And last, I'd love to get a video about the new campaign going. We can discuss it on the new forum, but be thinking about whether you can help in the capacity.

Hope to see you all on the new forum!
      SGAfan4life
      Last edited by SGAfan4life; 13 May 2009, 04:19 PM.
      Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
      Save Atlantis Campaign Website
      Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
      NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
      Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
      SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

I can definitely help with a vid!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

bluealien, thanks for verification
          Seems her comment does mention she spruced it up a bit.
          Very interesting read. Would've hated not to have been able to read it

That'd be awesome, Mimz! Join up when you get a chance.
          Save Atlantis Forum
          TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84STSWVp3g
            bye Atlantis i to this day miss you greatly
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The topic of this thread is the campaign.

it is NOT a place to

whinge about the powers that be
              whinge about the show being ended
              other fans

the posts here should be about things people are doing, planning to do to support the show and its creators.

Posts not about the campaign will be deleted, and those making off topic posts will lose their posting privileges for a period of time.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I tried joining the other forum and then it wouldn't let me post anything
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

must...save...atlantis.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                    I tried joining the other forum and then it wouldn't let me post anything
                    lol, Mimzy. You should have a validation email.
                    Save Atlantis Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84STSWVp3g
                      bye Atlantis i to this day miss you greatly
                      Love that, Pharaoh.
                      It's not over for me, however. I'm not saying goodbye...
                      Save Atlantis Forum

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
                        lol, Mimzy. You should have a validation email.
                        I didn't send me one! I dunno why... It accepted my username and password and everything...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                          I didn't send me one! I dunno why... It accepted my username and password and everything...
                          Might have gotten sent to your junk mail.
                          If not, log in and look at the top of the forum where the 'My controls' link is. Next to it you'll see a 'Resend Validation' link.

BTW, thanks for helping with the vid, Mimz
                          Last edited by WraithInMe; 18 May 2009, 12:08 PM.
                          Save Atlantis Forum

Comment

Okay, thanks
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Going to join as well. Hey, does anybody else also participate of NBC pool about tv shows? This week I did one, they always send by email. And it was all about tv shows should be on TV and the ones you don't like. Atlantis was in the list...of course I marked YES I ALWAYS WATCH WHEN IS ON THE AIR.

If anyone got it, please answer as well. I have the feeling that if we don't give up, we will have good news.

Comment

Originally posted by RFPegasus View Post
                                Going to join as well. Hey, does anybody else also participate of NBC pool about tv shows? This week I did one, they always send by email. And it was all about tv shows should be on TV and the ones you don't like. Atlantis was in the list...of course I marked YES I ALWAYS WATCH WHEN IS ON THE AIR.

If anyone got it, please answer as well. I have the feeling that if we don't give up, we will have good news.
                                Do I take it that pool only reflects US viewers? or can non US viewers register for the email and vote on the pool?
                                Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

Working...
                                X