Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis is my favourite show! I can't believe they cancel it!
    I would watch nothing else but SGA!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted here before - these are screenshots from the actual MGM Stargate site. I couldn't help but notice that the polls' results reflect the exact opposite of what they are planning to do. Shouldn't this tell them something?

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I find this

"why did they can SGA when it was so good and doing well"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK36LYQjZ1g

Anyway this is what his answer is:

"I'm with you. I figured on season 6, I'd even spent the money. I
        think they were eager to do another Stargate show. or as i like to
        call, **S T A R G A T E 9 0 2 1 0**. They dont like it when i call
        it that!. I dont really know. and hey, i'm as upset about it as you
        are, maybe more."

Made by Csom
        Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
        visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
        Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
        SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

I was wondering, what do you think about getting JF or DH to help us deal with TPTB. I don't mean them emailing etc, I mean by telling us how to "work the system", they work for the 'system' and we don't quite understand the ins and outs. Like who would be the best to send lemons too? How do we contact those two men, anybody know?

Note to the younger SGA fans, not watching SGU, you have excellant taste!!!
          "I hate bugs"---"I hate queens"
          "If you want to live, stay behind me!"

"I would very much like to have a gun like that"
          "Get in line!"

Comment

Originally posted by fillygirl View Post
            I was wondering, what do you think about getting JF or DH to help us deal with TPTB. I don't mean them emailing etc, I mean by telling us how to "work the system", they work for the 'system' and we don't quite understand the ins and outs. Like who would be the best to send lemons too? How do we contact those two men, anybody know?

Note to the younger SGA fans, not watching SGU, you have excellant taste!!!
            May be a good idea but I'm not sure that these men want to help us to fight against the system. They need them to work. But Hewlett and Flanigan have been the only to speak about us and the show. They defend their job too.
            I don't know how contact them.

Made by Csom
            SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by domdom View Post
              They should know many of them are very disappointed by their behaviour to us. They should know many of them don’t accept you to kill best show Atlantis. How can they ignore the sending of lemons, the mails and snail mails received? They should know they lost many of loyal fans behaving like this.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              Don't know if this has been posted here before - these are screenshots from the actual MGM Stargate site. I couldn't help but notice that the polls' results reflect the exact opposite of what they are planning to do. Shouldn't this tell them something?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ns/PollSGA.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ns/PollSGU.jpg
              Well, they just don't care. (It was the same with Farscape). I have the impression that TPTB are sitting in an ivory tower and are convinced that everything they do is great. For me that's just arrogant. They have forgotten that the fans have made the franchise so successful. This wouldn't have happened without the fans. Similar like some politicians forget their voters after the election.

I think in the end it will be all about the question whether SGU is a success or not. And I have no answer for that. I guess the average viewer isn't a passionate fan. He just watches a show or not. Like I do with other series than SGA. And I'm a little shocked how many fans say that they have already stopped watching SGA because of different reasons. Honestly, the ratings aren't that bad, but they aren't really good either. Also because of different reasons. Not inevitable because SGA would be a bad show.

Maybe after 12 years it's just too much Stargate and fewer people want to watch such shows. Maybe SGU will be great like TPTB think, maybe they are really too high-handed and SGU will be a failure. We'll have to wait and see.

I can only speak for myself, that I'm not interested in watching SGU at all.

What makes me also sad, is that TPTB say SGU will be better because of this and that. I understand 'better than SGA'. And that's what I can't understand. Why haven't they made SGA 'better'? For example such things like character development etc. This show really has the potential. And, probably in contrast to SGU, it has already fantastic actors and characters and a background story which isn't like other Sci-Fi stories (spaceships)! There's no need for a shiny new toy.

Originally posted by domdom View Post
              I find this

"why did they can SGA when it was so good and doing well"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK36LYQjZ1g

Anyway this is what his answer is:

"I'm with you. I figured on season 6, I'd even spent the money. I
              think they were eager to do another Stargate show. or as i like to
              call, **S T A R G A T E 9 0 2 1 0**. They dont like it when i call
              it that!. I dont really know. and hey, i'm as upset about it as you
              are, maybe more."
              Thanks for the link. That makes me even sadder. Not one actor has said he is happy with the cancellation. Only the opposite. That's just not fair...
              sigpic

Comment

HAAAAAAAAA I laughed out loud at the part that says "What's that?" about SGU. Rofl

Anyway, I'm still going for the sumbitting ads thing in various SciFi magazines saying "Save SGA" or something. I'm thinking of maybe holding an ad design contest on the Operation Lemon website so anybody can submit their design for a Save SGA ad, and then I'll have a poll for which one you guys think is the best. How does that sound?
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

i signed every campaign i know . As always, it doesn´t matter, but i did it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Mission report. Michael invaded Atlantis, tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report.

sigpic

Comment

I've nl just discovered SGA. Remote parts of Australia don't all have access to great shows like this, thankfully my sister sent me season one DVD as a gift a few months ago and I'm now loving this terrific show (have all the DVD's and books now, still can't get enough of it)

I hate that I've just found this show only to find out it's to be cancelled. I have a 15yr old daughter and 16 yr old son who also adore SGA. They've both vowed that they won't be watching SGU, it doesn't appeal to them either.

It's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesto View Post
                      i signed every campaign i know . As always, it doesn´t matter, but i did it.
                      So did i
                      sigpic
                      sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Kinda ironic isn't it. I guess if SGU fails they will either return to SGA or its over forever. Lets hope the people making the decisions realize the error of their judgement.
                        Save SGA!

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                          Well, they just don't care. (It was the same with Farscape). I have the impression that TPTB are sitting in an ivory tower and are convinced that everything they do is great. For me that's just arrogant. They have forgotten that the fans have made the franchise so successful. This wouldn't have happened without the fans. Similar like some politicians forget their voters after the election.

What makes me also sad, is that TPTB say SGU will be better because of this and that. I understand 'better than SGA'. And that's what I can't understand. Why haven't they made SGA 'better'? For example such things like character development etc. This show really has the potential. And, probably in contrast to SGU, it has already fantastic actors and characters and a background story which isn't like other Sci-Fi stories (spaceships)! There's no need for a shiny new toy.
                          (
                          I think it's more than a shiny new toy. I've heard a lot of excuses...er reasons... why they are canceling the show. In the end I think it's the cost. They can start over with unknown (hence cheap) actors and probably cheaper special effects. They couldn't do that with the actors on SGA and the fans would probably have had a fit if they tried cheaper effects. This way they can just wipe the slate clean and start cheap with the hope of making better profits.

Unfortunately, they probably aren't interested in making SGA better or they would have already done so. They only care about their money. In a time when greed has damaged much of the American economy, you'd think they would sit up and pay more attention. They may just find the pendulum starting to swing the other way.

I can't help but feel like it's the end of an era!! And neither my depression or anger seems to be going away.
                          sigpic
                          Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                            I think it's more than a shiny new toy. I've heard a lot of excuses...er reasons... why they are canceling the show. In the end I think it's the cost. They can start over with unknown (hence cheap) actors and probably cheaper special effects. They couldn't do that with the actors on SGA and the fans would probably have had a fit if they tried cheaper effects. This way they can just wipe the slate clean and start cheap with the hope of making better profits.

Unfortunately, they probably aren't interested in making SGA better or they would have already done so. They only care about their money. In a time when greed has damaged much of the American economy, you'd think they would sit up and pay more attention. They may just find the pendulum starting to swing the other way.

I can't help but feel like it's the end of an era!! And neither my depression or anger seems to be going away.
                            When people start to really get into a show they cancel it. Isn't that how it always works??? I don't think the show was cancalled because of characters, or writers getting bored. Every series goes through bad times, it ultimately boils down to money, money, money. That is why they are canceling the show. In someways it just doesn't make sense. I went over to the Sci-Fi forum and there was a good point made.....

"Hellooooo, MGM? Anyone home? If you need help doing the math, let us begin...

Lotsa viewers = lotsa sponsors
                            Lotsa sponsors = lotsa money
                            Lotsa money = you have money to make DVD's after the season's over
                            Lotsa viewers who just become bloody SGA junkies and gotta buy the ******* DVD's even after they watched it with the 849 commercials per hour on the air = lotsa more money "

I though our econmy is in trouble because of greed? Thats the path MGM has taken, hmmm
                            Last edited by Thor_1980; 16 November 2008, 07:51 PM.
                            Save SGA!

Comment

people its all about the money you all are doing just what they want you to do clamer and beg for more they don,t give a hoot you want this show to contiue just that you will suck up any thing they offer .Yes the series still have life but they are going to go where the money is this is a business for them and just television for us .

Comment

I find this on SCI-FI forum. From DPD11
                                It's an interresting approach and explanation.
                                http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?sh...=260&start=260

What's ironic, is that the weakening American dollar has a lot to do with this. The reason why so much production started going to Canada in the first place, was that the Canadian dollar was weaker, the US dollar was stronger, and less production was done in Canada, which meant that people were willing to work for less. Now the Canadian dollar has strengthened and production has been done in Canada long enough, that now production people, locations and services there are starting to expect higher fees. Being an L.A. production person, I originally hated this, because it really hurt us down here. But I still had to admire the Canadian productions. They were able to put out some pretty quality stuff for a lot less money. Early SG1 was on the cutting edge of CGI/effects, considering their budget. I also thought the actors were a lot more enjoyable to watch, simply because you didn't get so much of that Hollywood attitude, like you do with actors in the US.

Bottom line, I think the creators are making a big mistake in canceling this show. I know that the 'softer' style of sci fi TV is supposed to be dead now, and everybody thinks the Battlestar model (ie: gritty, more youthful) is where it's at. But I think there will always be a market for the StarTrek 'saturday matinee' style of sci fi. SGA is really the last show to survive of that style... To just cut off that type of fan at the knees is a very risky thing. Did anybody even ask the actors if they would be willing to take a cut to continue? Business is business, but fans will only take so much disappointment. The creators should have tried harder to work out a way to do both shows. And frankly, the 'lost in space' premiss for the new show already sounds like a joke, so you're not exactly getting off to a good start to begin with.
                                Never say never, but I think it's tough. There would need to be a very big public outcry. So far, there doesn't seem to be one. This is also a bad time, because the holidays will start distracting people. The channel seems to be downplaying it, which means they probably want to avoid the hassle of fans giving them a hard time. I think the worst part is that this is something the creators seem to be OK with. Unlike other situations where the creators wanted to keep going but the network was canceling.

Part of the problem is that there is a now just a handful of giant corporations controlling the majority of media and entertainment. There's people at these companies calling shots and they are completely insulated from the public and even the creators of shows. So it becomes a problem as to where you even send the petitions and complaints.

Collecting as many posts made on the internet as possible (along with the ID or email address) that oppose the cancelation could help. That actually shows more than just the petition, because posts really show people's feelings. But it would be a lot better if people tried to contact them on their own. That shows individual dedication. Sometimes just publicizing the proper contacts for people, or as many contacts as possible, is a big help. That would be the channel, production company, and parent company. Email addresses, snail mail addresses...

But in all honesty... The bottom line is ratings. Sci Fi fans are a fickle bunch. There have been times that Sci Fi and show creators have really gone all out to try and keep shows on, because the fans swore they wanted it... Then in the end, the viewers just weren't there. You can't blame them for not wanting to get burned again. I personally thought what they did to StarTrek was a disgrace. A good portion of the people involved in that show had been involved in all four shows. Collectively, that's a pretty good run for a series, yet the network treated them like ****, and basically just kicked all of them to the curb. If that had been me working on that show, I would have been disgusted at that treatment. But the bottom line was... Sure the fans all came out of the woodwork once it was canceled, but they were watching X Files the rest of the time. They certainly weren't supporting the show, because the numbers just weren't there.

Made by Csom

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

Working...
                                X