Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello to the Lantean Army its good to see the Campagin still going strong KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!

Sorry i haven't been around just lately been busy with real life crap its also good to hear about the Rally. I soooooooooooooooooooooo wish i could be there but i can't being on the another side of the world and all

so good luck to the ones that go to the rally

Save Atlantis: Save the lost city!!!!

System Lord Remus
    System Lord Remus

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Atlantis View Post
      Interesting vid, even Sam said she was shocked about the cancellation and even she thought the show was doing well in the ratings department and they enjoyed playing all of the characters and with the cast, really quite perplexed as to why they cancelled. I smell a rat in this about the cancellation of Atlantis, somehow I find it hard to believe that it was a mutual decision to cancel the show, unfortunately I can't attend the rally but I am with you guys who are attending the rally outside the studio, come on lets save Atlantis.
      Right. So someone is either severely misguided, or lying. I would like to see the exact ratings numbers for SGA and all other programs SciFi airs. Let's see TPTB put their cards face up on the table, if they are telling the truth, here.

~Dave

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 14,000 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!
        Save Stargate Atlantis!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6iLrY_HkA

Comment

:Look,I need everybody's attention here!!!Maybe JM was right when he said:"...A significant and sustained ratings spike, on the other hand, would certainly raise a few eyebrows..." I think we should do something to get more people watch the show!!! Tell your family,tell your friends;tell everybody you know!!!!!We really need everyone's help!!!!PLEASE,if eveyone told at least 3 or 4 persons this will help us so much!!!We have to do ANYTHING to convince people to watch the next episodes of SGA!!! PLEASE;this could be our last chance!!!(in case the rally at Bridge Studios doesn't work!but I really hope it does!!!!):comeon

Comment

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
            :Look,I need everybody's attention here!!!Maybe JM was right when he said:"...A significant and sustained ratings spike, on the other hand, would certainly raise a few eyebrows..." I think we should do something to get more people watch the show!!! Tell your family,tell your friends;tell everybody you know!!!!!We really need everyone's help!!!!PLEASE,if eveyone told at least 3 or 4 persons this will help us so much!!!We have to do ANYTHING to convince people to watch the next episodes of SGA!!! PLEASE;this could be our last chance!!!(in case the rally at Bridge Studios doesn't work!but I really hope it does!!!!):comeon
            If that's the case, we have a quite a bit of time to convince people. There's 13 or so episodes left in the season.

I've already posted info about this on the various torrents, maybe those people will watch it live from now on.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 14,100 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!

Comment

I've been reading this forum for quite some time and never felt the need to jump in and say something. I really thought Atlantis had it all and could go running for 10 years as SG1 did.
                I can't do much from where i am but i am glad there are people that can.
                And i am afraid that the ONLY way to watch it is to download it, but i really hope that people that can watch it live, they do so.People in the USA and the countries that is on.
                Really sad about the whole thing, this show should go on like SG1, at least.
                sigpic

Comment

Interesting tidbit, we're less than 300 signatures away from beating the save Firefly petition, which was started more than 2 years ago...

Comment

If it counds for anything , people that are sci fi fans here in my old town (Athens) are all feeling the same thing with me. So i don't feel like an idiot beeing MAD with that decision.
                    In every sci fi forum i went into their disgust with that. But our opinions don't count, we dont have those nielsen things..... we all download and buy the dvd's later.
                    Most people are getting over it , looking for something new and excitting, BUT most of them wont give SGU a chance, they've lost their faith to that team, whoever they are.
                    That's how i feel to..
                    I have a little hope in the back in my mind, while reading your posts in here.Maybe....Maybe......
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                      ATTENTION:

New poll on GateWorld......

Of course.....I voted...."No, I'm not interested"
                      I voted reserving judgment.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
                        Hi Nessa and everyone!
                        Nessa makes a REALLY good point, but I don't know if people in other countries really know how they do the ratings here in the US (it's a very stupid way actually.) It doesn't matter if you watch if you aren't part of the sample chosen. Here they take what they call Nielsen ratings, and you have to be picked to be part of it. THAT is why people complain that it isn't a fair representation - because it isn't!!! It would only be fair if everyone in America was part of the sample!!

If you want to know more, go to:
                        http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/porta...00880a260aRCRD
                        &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Here is another link that describes how they recruit the families for the sample ratings. These Nielsen people choose who to sample, and even if they say it is random and unbiased...
                          You read how they choose and see what you think.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/porta...00880a260aRCRD
                          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

That's exactly right. You can get as many people to watch the show as
                            you want, but unless they are a part of the Nielsen family, it won't make
                            a difference to the ratings at all.

And yes, it's not a fair ratings system anymore, but it's the one that
                            is still used. :-(
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheystar View Post
                              That's exactly right. You can get as many people to watch the show as
                              you want, but unless they are a part of the Nielsen family, it won't make
                              a difference to the ratings at all.

And yes, it's not a fair ratings system anymore, but it's the one that
                              is still used. :-(
                              Yup! Gosh it is soooo frustrating. Best case scenario these people are just by accident not picking sci fi fan families. Worse case...well the networks have a lot of money... Though I pray that isn't the case.
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                                Yup! Gosh it is soooo frustrating. Best case scenario these people are just by accident not picking sci fi fan families. Worse case...well the networks have a lot of money... Though I pray that isn't the case.
                                One thing I can say, is I have DirecTV and there is an area on it, that I can hit, shows me the top 10 shows people are watching at that time, both nationally and in my area, and Stargate Atlantis is never in the top 10 shows being watched during their time slot.

I do know that DirecTV could easily give better ratings then Nielsen, as they can easily see what the people are watching. And DirecTV has a huge customer base compared to Nielsen. Too bad they don't use something like the satellite and cable companies instead of Nielsen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X