Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno why we need it anyway. The new weapons we got from the Asgard in Unending can take care of the Wraith pretty easy.

However you COULD use a cloaked Puddle jumper to get in and infect a Wraith ship with a heap of Tape Worms

They'd eat the ships from the inside out!!!!!!!!
    J/k.

Comment

I think you'll find that rail gun pellets are Aluminum. It really doesn't matter what they are made of, as the whole point is to transfer kinetic energy.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
        I think you'll find that rail gun pellets are Aluminum. It really doesn't matter what they are made of, as the whole point is to transfer kinetic energy.
        i would think not considering Aluminum's Melting Point...it would become molten under the temperatures..although it does have high malleability so it would be easier to produce!

Plus Aluminum is not all that dense so it wouldn't do as much damage in small proportions..
        yeah I've done chemistry lol

K_ot_W
        ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

The ammo used in railguns has to be incredibly strong and thanks to the stargate universe providing us with Naquadah and Trinium we can use Naquadah to solve the power problems with railguns and Tinium as the guns Rails and ammo.

Its the only reason i can see railguns being in full operation in the stargate universe as gate travel solve the two biggest problems we have with railguns. The first being por requirements and the second a strong enough material for railguns.

Back on topic. Maybe we could get the virus to infest other hives therefor just stick it on 1 hive and that hive spreads it to the rest or is destroyed or segregated. The only problem is delivery between ships. Maybe as the Wraith don't have transporters we could infest darts organic systems and when it goes to another ship it spreads it by touch.
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I believe that when they brought the railguns to Atlantis, they stated what the projectiles were made from. It was during a conversation about them between Ford and someone else. If anyone has transcripts, it can be found there, I think.

Comment

They never stated what the rail-gun projectiles where made of, just that they shoot at mach. 5 and have a max range of 250km.

I would suspect they are either titanium or trinium or an alloy...most likely an alloy.

The Atlantis rail-guns are much smaller than the Daedalus ones though. 250km at mach 5 is painfully slow and short ranged in space combat. Plus the projectiles on Atlantis are standard 5.56mm or there about. Whereas on the Daedalus I think they are around 50mm and fire at about 20,000m/s and have an effective range of 10k. All this is speculation of course, but based on my observations it seems about right.
              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Your all going over the top with weapons- you should use a big can of Raid, as it was probably what the Aurora's captain had in that secret file on Wraith technological weakness's.

Comment

railguns have rails made from naquahdah and trinium, and the projectile could be maclarium-cored steel or so. the projectile melts, yea. so what? just does more damage. because there's no friction in space, neither air, the heat generated by the railgun is transferred to the gun, and mainly to the projectile. the projectile melts, and irradiates light[i first thought prometheus fired plasma weapons. but the lights were railgun slugs]
                  on impact, the kinetic energy is transferred and the molten metal does even more damage.

Comment

Working...
                  X