Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn
    Todd would really fit in with the Atlantis expedition then.
    Exactly! Todd has both the dumb, and bad, luck of Sheppard, the hunger of Rodney, the fighting skills of Ronon...and how did Heyerdahl put it in that interview? 'The good looks of Teyla.'

All the talk about factions, Wraith betraying each other, gaining and losing followers etc. suggests that Wraith society includes a lot of politics. If that's the case then Todd's adventures are giving some kind of insight into this aspect of Wraith interacting between themselves. If TPTB wanted to they could have Todd end up as the leader of the most powerful Wraith faction or something.
    Yeah - Todd is giving us more insight into how Wraith govern themselves, and where their loyalties lie. Todd is wise, he sees the strength - and even more so - the DETERMINATION of the Lanteans, and he uses that to his advantage. Todd is friend to both human and Wraith, while Michael has become foe to human and Wraith. Unless something happens with Michael over the next few episodes to change his outlook in life, he'll just be the next 'Kolia', or 'Replicator'. Todd, on the other hand, has the potential to be something much more.

I like both, but Todd is my favorite. I feel deep sympathy for Michael, however. After re-watching Michael, I absolutely HATE what was done to him, and the attitude humans have that they are better than Wraith and have to cure them. He was literally raped - psychologically, and biologically...his very nature violated. No wonder he feels like he does. I really think the humans owe him something - just not sure what.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Todd, I don't think Michael will last very long.

Comment

Todd is too good a character to waste in a silly way. And too cute:

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...-4x11_0760.jpg
        (my new fave one)

I don't know what's going to happen to Michael. From the speculations of him being in another one or two eps in season 5 (after S&R, that is), we already know he won't die in the premiere. Maybe this time they should injure him? Don't think they really have before? They just Darted out in Vengeance, and after Misbegotten, we assume he wasn't hurt physically, either (on the planet itself). I don't know if redemption is possible for him, cos he's Wraith: sneaky, manipulator, genius, etc. and he won't let that way of living go. He won't cry for all the people he's killed. There can probably be only death for him at some point. After all, how many times can you let him get away with what he does? I don't think it would be believable to have him move around the galaxy for another 4 years/seasons, maybe. Yes, he's bad, and sneaky, but Sheppard needs to be believable, also...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Todd is too good a character to waste in a silly way.
          So was the queen in Allies, Karl, Steve, the queen in Hive... should I continue?
          Everybody knows what happened to them

Todd has a greater chance to survive TPTB, in my opinion...

Icarium

Comment

I say the producers of SGA saw that some of us are Wraith fans. And some of us want see mor about the Wraith and the Culture and life. Ok Todd I think is the gate or bridge to see more about the Wraith and the Culture. Michael was raped and I say too that is not nice what the humans have done with him. My Faves are the Wraith who play by James L. They have more FIRE in the eyes... Nothing again Todd and Michael but Todd is for me like a "humanfriend" and Michael like a "Rambo" But I don´t understand that Michael is so fixed on Teyla

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
              But I don´t understand that Michael is so fixed on Teyla
              One view is that she was the one who spent most time with him on Atlantis, she was his 'false' friend, he sees everything about her as a lie.

She was the one who didn't stop the others from experimenting on him. He used to have a Queen to whom he listened to. Her will was law. Now here's a female that let him down, completely.

Another part is that well, Michael was a full boy so he might have wanted her at some point?

He also feels connected with her because of her Wraith DNA, I think. She's a special one, and he knows it. Although he might not know to what extend, yet. He might know in The Kindred, though, cos he's going to get his hands on her!

I wonder if Wraith DNA is dominant, when combined with human DNA. Maybe those female Wraith Worshipers carry children for the Wraith? Maybe Queens feel like they are above that? Would be interesting to learn about.
              Last edited by GoSpikey; 18 February 2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
                One view is that she was the one who spent most time with him on Atlantis, she was his 'false' friend, he sees everything about her as a lie.

Yeah - he really feels betrayed by her. Ironically, he seems to have more respect for Ronon because Ronon didn't lie to him. I think this says a lot about the Wraith - they are a tricksty bunch themselves, but seem to respect honesty in humans, especially when it comes to how you feel about them. They don't like huge deceptions - they're more 'tell it like it is' types. If you hate me - tell me - but don't lie and say you're my friend when you're not.

And remember when Steve was dying, and Shep questioned if he was faking, and Teyla said that such a ruse is 'not their way'? The Wraith don't resort to such extremes. Sure, they may be deceitful (like the Queen in Allies), but that's not the same as what the humans did to Michael.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  And remember when Steve was dying, and Shep questioned if he was faking, and Teyla said that such a ruse is 'not their way'? The Wraith don't resort to such extremes. Sure, they may be deceitful (like the Queen in Allies), but that's not the same as what the humans did to Michael.

das
                  Well, I always wondered how the hell did she know what 'the way of the Wraith was'. Because in my understanding, the only contact the Athosians had with the Wraith was being culled by them. They saw them as intelligent human-hunting monsters. Do her words imply that she had some other experiences with the Wraith? Or maybe she heard stories? If yes, I want to know these stories, please!!!

Icarium

Comment

I personally like todd.

Theres no way that they could really destroy the wraith once and for all, perhaps deal them a huge blow that sets them back a very long time, like 100;s of years.

I just think it would be abit hmmm, why couldnt the ancients do that

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium
                      Well, I always wondered how the hell did she know what 'the way of the Wraith was'. Because in my understanding, the only contact the Athosians had with the Wraith was being culled by them. They saw them as intelligent human-hunting monsters. Do her words imply that she had some other experiences with the Wraith? Or maybe she heard stories? If yes, I want to know these stories, please!!!

Icarium
                      I think it's obvious how the Wraith are - even if you've only heard stories.

They don't pretend to be anything but what they are. They march right up to you and start feeding - no tricks, no ruses, no deceptions. They don't playact... they're pretty bold and forthright. They say it like it is - "I am your death, that is all you need to know." Steve would be too proud, too confident to pretend to be sick, just to escape. He was a bold creature who wouldn't humiliate himself in such a way just to get to his prey, but instead rushed the cell and reached through the bars, trying to get to Sheppard. That's his way - the way of the Wraith - bold, aggressive, confident, with no need to play games.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

That's his way - the way of the Wraith - bold, aggressive, confident, with no need to play games.

das
                        See how different Todd is?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
                          See how different Todd is?
                          But Todd isn't TOO much different - he just plays his cards closer to the vest. He's like the Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus Galaxy.

I am worried about his fate, however. In The Last Man spoilers, there's something that worries me: (From JM's blog): "A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Now - we won't feel 'pity' for any of the main characters - those we will feel sad for, or cry for. The only ones we might feel pity for are the 'enemy', and so that makes me wonder if there will be something that makes us 'feel pity' for the Wraith, or for a Wraith character.

I really wish JM would say if Todd was going to be in more than one episode in S5. With just the mention that Todd will make 'an appearance', it could mean he makes only one - and it will be his last.

And yeah - I am way too worried about this - but I just really love the character and don't want him killed off.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

And yeah - I am way too worried about this - but I just really love the character and don't want him killed off.

das
                            Todd's got so much more control than the other Wraith we've seen so far. Everybody would have eaten Rodney by now, not out of hunger, but gusto, just to get rid of him.

If they do harm Todd in The Last Man, never forget that maybe Sheppard is going to reverse some of the time that he spent looking for Teyla, apparently, so he'll have bought them more time for the rescue.

Maybe Michael killed Teyla, or the kid, or whatever, but don't panic too much until you've seen Search & Rescue, too.

(Now watch me panic.)

Comment

das
                              at least I'm not the only one. in midway, when the lead wraith said he "procured" the information from todd, I immediately worried if he was alive or not. I was getting ready to storm into midway and "procure" some info of my own.

as far as the tearjerker finale, I don't think it'll be todd injured/dying. I'm thinking it'll have something to do with teyla/her son. or, it could also be michael - pity could be felt for him because the human experiment essentially ruined his very way of life.

Comment

Yeah - he really feels betrayed by her. Ironically, he seems to have more respect for Ronon because Ronon didn't lie to him. I think this says a lot about the Wraith - they are a tricksty bunch themselves, but seem to respect honesty in humans, especially when it comes to how you feel about them. They don't like huge deceptions - they're more 'tell it like it is' types. If you hate me - tell me - but don't lie and say you're my friend when you're not.

das
                                I think they respect honesty from humans because it means the human isn't stupid or wasting their time, ultimately you cant lie to a wraith at least the queens can force you to tell the truth to them. It makes sense being connected telepathically makes it hard to lie to each other if they are withholding something from each other they know. They wont know what is being withheld just that it is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X